360 degree camera (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I'm full timing in my van at the moment and I park outside my works offices in Aberdeenshire. I nip down to a nearby campsite when ever my cassette is full, this is usually once a week and last night was this weeks night where I stayed there.

Came in to work this morning and found out we (and a neighbour) had been broken in to. Computers and a (pretty much empty) safe had been stolen from my work but a few grands worth of stuff stolen from next door.

I have no doubt they have been here before but been put off by me in the motorhome so waited till I was away before hitting it. They were walking about right where I park so must admit I am a little bit nervous staying here but I'm sure I'll be fine.

This gets me to my point - I was wondering if there is any camera system I could have which is triggered by movement sending a signal to my phone inside the van. It's pitch black here at night so can't see a thing looking out the window so would need to be night vision but would also need to cover 360 degrees.

Basically I am wanting something for the motorhome that detects movement in and around the van before sending a signal and real time picture to my phone so I can see whats going on before going out and confronting them with my special forces training.

Nothing more than ideas at the moment but just wondered what similar devices are out there.

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
Ring doorbell people do a range of outside cameras that alert to the phone. Also look at the Ycam range

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If the thieves had waited until you had moved from your office parking spot, in order to burgle your offices and also next door, It's doubtful that they would return when you are there, why would they?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
If the thieves had waited until you had moved from your office parking spot, in order to burgle your offices and also next door, It's doubtful that they would return when you are there, why would they?
I'm not saying they definitely will.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
just a few signs put up saying CCTV cameras and a few fake cams puts off most burglars. The vast majority are just lazy lowlifes who wont get a job. Last thing they want is any confrontation or to be identified. No doubt they walked around in daylight and then popped back after dark. You being there was enough to scare them off. Doubt they will be back any time they see you there. Even less if they think cameras have been put in

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
just a few signs put up saying CCTV cameras and a few fake cams puts off most burglars. The vast majority are just lazy lowlifes who wont get a job. Last thing they want is any confrontation or to be identified. No doubt they walked around in daylight and then popped back after dark. You being there was enough to scare them off. Doubt they will be back any time they see you there. Even less if they think cameras have been put in
There's about 12 cameras set up round the farm. We are still not sure how they got in as the only access is covered by cctv and they weren't caught on it.

This is a screenshot from the only footage that caught them before they cut all the cables.

Screenshot_20201007-224440_WhatsApp.jpg

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If it's a farm then they probably cut themselves another gate in the fence for a quick exit as well

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
If it's a farm then they probably cut themselves another gate in the fence for a quick exit as well
We'll probably never know for sure. With the amazing set of detective skills that I have been blessed with I managed to find cctv footage of a couple of dodgy Glaswegians who visited a week or so ago claiming to be doing a survey on behalf of Scottish Water. They looked and sounded off from the start so we politely sent them on their way. Always thought it was a bit funny.

They were driving a MacKenzie road maintenance transit and I got the reg number so maybe the police will find something from it 🤞

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Pretty much sums it up, We get issues occasionally out here in the "sticks". Several homes have been burgled, even during the lockdown!. Became an even bigger issue after an "illegal" ********* site was setup outside a nearby village. (Coincidence?).

I have a Camera (similar to this one):-

Amazon product ASIN B07VP4N5WB
It is Mounted under the Eaves of the Bungalow. Patches into my Home CCTV. Which I can monitor on my phone as well as my Home P-C`s. Down side is it does need a Power feed?. Despite being WiFi.

EDIT:-
I am actually on the lookout for a self contained system to put in the motorhome. there have been a couple of posts on the subject on here. but they are mostly not justifiable as yet on cost grounds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Thinking more about it I think I will try the 2 camera ring system. I can have 1 camera in the office pointed at the motorhome. That would cover all ground apart from the far side but I could easy park hard over to the wall to leave no space there.

Would leave 1 camera to set up in the van pointing forward.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Even the most stupid low-life will be wearing an anti-camera hoodie. You'll be able to see what's happening but rarely anything useful to identify who's doing it.

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
monzer Did you get a camera system working?
Of sorts. I bought 2 ezviz cameras and they are both set up in my works office. 1 covers the van and one covers the works yard and entrance to workshop.

Being inside and pointing through the windows, the night vision isn't great so both rely on outside lights being left on at night.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Good products but they don't say much about the price. Probably huge money.
Its great and about £2.5k for the digital HD system fitted but really its a vehicle system designed as a driving safety aid and as such isn't linked to a PIR but sure it could be, then it isn't designed to send images or alerts to a mobile phone so all in better off with a domestic system that is aimed at security I would think.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back