3 PAYG SIM in Huawei e5573 - no network! (1 Viewer)

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Just arrived in France at Le Touquet and the mifi is not finding a network - bother!
I've used this path sim in a different mifi and all was well. Roaming is enabled and I used this mifi with this sim in the UK last week and it was fine.
Has anything changed as of 15th June for Three PAYG SIMs?
Is the aire in Le Touquet just in a poor network area?
Thanks, Bill

Deleted User
Mine is working much better since the 15th, are you sure that your settings are in order, are you doing a manual search?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Make sure roaming is turned on
This should be an option in the mifi settings menu

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Make sure 'roaming' is enabled
This is a setting in the mifi menu

OP
OP
Bill_OR
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Thanks for your suggestions.
Roaming is definitely enabled and doing a manual network search I can now see several networks. Most of them are marked as unavailable and when I try to connect to any of the available ones I am unable to register a connection. Somewhat frustrating!!

OP
OP
Bill_OR
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Thanks for your suggestions.
Roaming is definitely enabled and doing a manual network search I can now see several networks. Most of them are marked as unavailable and when I try to connect to any of the available ones I am unable to register a connection. Somewhat frustrating!!

Deleted User
I don't know how much experience you have with these things so bear with me if you know all this.

Often no signal shows up on the mifi when first used, connect to the network and open the 192.168.1.1 which will normally open even when the indicator on the mifi is showing no signal.

If no signal is showing then open settings, then advanced settings,network settings and change to manual search and apply. This should come up with a long list of available networks but no information as to signal strength, pot luck really , orange, bytel, free and one with numbers all work try one and see if it registers.

When registered it is necessary to go back to the home page and connect.
Just seen your last post so ignore this but may be useful to others.

Deleted User
One last thought that might be worth checking, change 'mobile connection' to manual, presume you have the correct APN 3internet

OP
OP
Bill_OR
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I'm now able to access MHF using my tablet so something must have changed! I suspect that the mifi has now managed to connect properly to a suitable mobile network and that has been my problem this afternoon.
Thanks for your suggestions - hopefully the system will continue to function!

OP
OP
Bill_OR
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
For info- I have failed to connect to a 4G network over the past 2 days. I've just been chatting with Three and they tell me that their customers CANNOT ACCESS 4G ABROAD!
So why did I upgrade to a 4G mifi and buy a separate antenna for it?!!

Deleted User
For info- I have failed to connect to a 4G network over the past 2 days. I've just been chatting with Three and they tell me that their customers CANNOT ACCESS 4G ABROAD!
So why did I upgrade to a 4G mifi and buy a separate antenna for it?!!

The 4G mifi and antenna greatly improves the 3G signal in poor reception areas, good 3G is perfectly adequate to stream radio, video clips etc and since the 15th the speeds have increased significantly.

4G does not seem to be available outside of urban areas in France and not all of them, when I went into the Orange shop in La Baule, which is a major tourist resort, there was a map showing the recently arrived 4G coverage which was very small and restricted to the centre of town.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back