3 Data SIM 4G PAYG 12GB £24.99 (1 Year) 24GB £43.99 (2 Years) (1 Viewer)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Recently changed my sim card from std to Nano and rang 3 to swap my number over
Am offered (sim only)unlimited voice ,unlimited text.
100gb +30gb personal hotspot for thethering etc per month @£20 per month 12mth contract DD. And lifetime if I want and deals later if I want to upgrade phone
Would appreciate you thoughts @Minxy Girl
Thinking of getting it as I don't have a landline or b.band just data cards and freepay (older 45 day 3-3)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I always use the THREE shop they are very competitive...example.
http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Pl...HAOgEAQYASABEgIx7fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&aidset=1

IMG_20180718_104651_805.JPG

That's the one offered for £20 per month sim only plan if you go via ringing 333 /sales/offers .

Edit and app "three in touch" for bad signal area ?
All thoughts appreciated
Sorry without meaning to highjack OP (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
100gb +30gb personal hotspot for thethering etc per month @£20 per month 12mth contract DD. And lifetime if I want and deals later if I want to upgrade phone
Thinking of getting it as I don't have a landline or b.band just data cards and freepay (older 45 day 3-3)
That sounds like a stonking deal if it meets your needs! We currently pay £20 a month for a 40gb data only sim (it was a 12m contract but we are out of that now so it's a 'rolling' one), however they did a 100gb data only sim for £30 but I think it's restricted to what area of the UK you live in - we were offered it for £25 a while back but didn't want to tie in to another contract as we may change to phones only and just tether as the deals are much better than they used to be, however we are still mulling it over as we don't even use the 500mb of data included in our phone contracts now as we much prefer laptop/tablet/computer rather than try to see stuff on a small screen!

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
thanks for that @Minxy Girl ,yep I double checked and asked loads of silly questions ,i thought it a good deal and will probably go for it.
have just bought a 24" smart TV (star wars :D) and sometimes get carried away using the firestick with lots of apps eating data sims .
with no landline or bb I could be handy for me .100gb using the sim in the phone or phablet 30gb tethering +calls and text and all feel at home when overseas ,sounds like a win win. and not had any probs with coverage on three.
As I said previously all offered after ringing to activate a replacement sim(free from 3) with my own number and asked if I wanted to listen to any offers . So could be worth someone else giving it a try to see if offers are available to them (y)

https://3g.co.uk/news/100gb-three-deal-sim-only

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@jollyrodger in case you don't realise you'll be restricted to either 12gb or 13gb per month abroad for 60 days out of every 120 (rolling period) so you won't be able to use the whole 100gb when away, not even the 30gb tethering allowance.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Yes was aware of that thanks ,have a second data sim in phone using it now (24gb) will be back up and also another 24gb in a mifi .
But this year ,could be a wash out traveling.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just bought a couple of EE 6GB SIM's, valid for 90 days from first use, no expiry but have to be activated within 12 months of purchase. £14.49 EE direct price £30.
Only 4 quid dearer for 12 GB better coverage and 4G when roaming. OK, they expire after 90 days but the rate we use data now 12GB will last less than a month so 6GB over 90 days not a problem..

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years

After reading your post I phoned 3 and was also offered the 100Gb data deal , + unlimited minutes and texts , for £20 a month (12 month contract), IF purchased via telephone ... The online and shop purchase price = £31 monthly.

We have been searching around for a deal which would let us bin the landline which we never use . Plus bin our broadband by landline supplier.

Our home broadband usage usually hovers around the 50-75Gb per month, so the 100Gb would have been ideal for us . Using the 12 Gb 3 sims we get a decent 3 signal at home . And when we are out and about we found the 3 signal being ok in most places we visited throughout the UK and FAH in Europe..

The only fly in the ointment for us was the 30Gb monthly tethering limit..As the deal is 100Gb total , with 30Gb of that being allowed for tethering . I asked the guy at 3 if the tethering limit could be shifted to allow say 50Gb monthly. He indicated he could not move on the 30Gb limit . If it hadnt been for that I think we would have went for the deal , so saving a quite significant monthly payment for landline and BB and one of our mobile deals.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
After reading your post I phoned 3 and was also offered the 100Gb data deal , + unlimited minutes and texts , for £20 a month (12 month contract), IF purchased via telephone ... The online and shop purchase price = £31 monthly.
Wonder if this price will remain after 12 months or increase?
Looking for a new SIM contract for wife and like the Netflix Binge deal.
We have a Chromecast so this could work a treat for us.

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Wonder if this price will remain after 12 months or increase?
Looking for a new SIM contract for wife and like the Netflix Binge deal.
We have a Chromecast so this could work a treat for us.

No idea if the price would rise. However the deals now coming out plus the mobile companies competition , it wouldnt surprise me if there were actually better deals in 12 months time..... It isnt that long ago that 100Gb a month plus unlimited minutes and texts would have cost a kings ransom . I agree with you ref the netflix go binge element of the 3 deal , on paper at least it looks a great deal.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Sufficient for my needs and was told ,after 12 months I would carry in on a monthly basis if required ,think he said lifetime plan.?
Have been playing around with it mirroring phone to tv seems to be working ok .
Can put sim into 10" phablet it sees it as a phone so all my film apps sports TV etc work fine out of 100gb .
Early days yet and as I said earlier I also have a back up of 24gb data sim in mifi .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back