3 Data SIM 4G PAYG 12GB £24.99 (1 Year) 24GB £43.99 (2 Years) (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Needed to buy one of these & spotted that My Memory are cheaper on eBay for the 12GB 1 year data sim card at £24.99 than their website price of £27.99.

s-l1600.jpg

Other deal at lower rate overall is 24GB for 2 years at £43.99

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
My Memory tend to offer the best prices - I bought both a 12gb and 24gb when they had special offers on, worth keeping an eye open for.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I think mymemory are also doing 15% off orders over £30???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think mymemory are also doing 15% off orders over £30???

On the 'mymemory' site 12gb Three sims are £27.99 and you have to spend £30 but can only buy one 12gb sim so you'd have to buy something else too to get the discount so you'd end up spending more than if you bought on Ebay where they are only £24.99 from the same companyo_O ... good discount if there's something else you want instead though.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Tried adding 2 cards at My Memory & using discount code so would be £23.79 each but website wouldn't allow that.

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
Ordered one of these for a month away on hols... free roaming and all you can eat data roaming for £24.99/use within 30 days from activation.

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4...0-minutes-3000-texts-unlimited-ayce-data.html

Only consideration I have is whether my rather ageing tablet, that we use with Sygic Trucks for satnav (needs network connection for live traffic) and as a mifi hotspot, gets much HSPA+ "4G" coverage in France. Their operators seem to support it ok from what I can see browsing the web - but the tablet isn't quite new enough to support the full Monty LTE 4G.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I have bought a couple of these three 12gb sims but we find we run out of data all too soon. As an alternative, I have changed my phone contract with Tesco so that I now have 6gb of data (plus calls and texts I won't use) every month. Cost is £11.50 per month.

I have a low tech Android phone and its easy to set up a wireless hotspot (I'm using it now) and European use is included.

Paul

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ordered one of these for a month away on hols... free roaming and all you can eat data roaming for £24.99/use within 30 days from activation.

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4...0-minutes-3000-texts-unlimited-ayce-data.html

Only consideration I have is whether my rather ageing tablet, that we use with Sygic Trucks for satnav (needs network connection for live traffic) and as a mifi hotspot, gets much HSPA+ "4G" coverage in France. Their operators seem to support it ok from what I can see browsing the web - but the tablet isn't quite new enough to support the full Monty LTE 4G.
You need to read the T&Cs carefully ... you have a data limit abroad so CANNOT use as much as you can eat, and as it's a phone sim, not a pure data sim, unless your tablet is a phablet type, ie can be used as a phone, you are unlikely to be able to use it in the tablet as 3 don't allow that, also if not and you intend putting it in a phone, you can't usually tether abroad so won't be able to connect your tablet ... sorry!.

http://www.three.co.uk/feel-at-home/?id=1015&aidset=1

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
12 GB runs out all to soon
So bought a 6 GB a month Contract
Hope it rolls on

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I have very recently paid £42.45 for the 24 gb card via amazon from EBS telecom. Arrived very promptly and now in the MH ready for when the current 12 gb runs out!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

With Three the max data you can use in a month is 12GB when roaming, also with PAYG they restrict you to 3G when roaming. You would have been better of with the Data SIM as you can use it for up to 12 months subject to their terms.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

absolutely right, I thought I had been really clever last year, they are totally different beasts and will not work for mifi or data only, but they can go in a phone that you can tether I think?? my phone wouldn't take it though o_O

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
You need to read the T&Cs carefully ... you have a data limit abroad so CANNOT use as much as you can eat, and as it's a phone sim, not a pure data sim, unless your tablet is a phablet type, ie can be used as a phone, you are unlikely to be able to use it in the tablet as 3 don't allow that, also if not and you intend putting it in a phone, you can't usually tether abroad so won't be able to connect your tablet ... sorry!.

http://www.three.co.uk/feel-at-home/?id=1015&aidset=1
It works fine in my tablet (which isn't a phablet) and the t&c specifically allow ACE when roaming in a 'feel at home' country. Using it in the tablet as a hotspot also works fine. Only thing I had to setup up was the APN... Easy to find these on the internet (being slightly old Android I needed to do this myself)... Reboot the tablet and hey presto.

I think this more liberal attitude is relatively new... Perhaps following enacting of the EU data roaming directive??

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
With Three the max data you can use in a month is 12GB when roaming, also with PAYG they restrict you to 3G when roaming. You would have been better of with the Data SIM as you can use it for up to 12 months subject to their terms.
Not sure if you're referring to an old plan but that's certainly not the case with the one linked. You're right that you can only get data only plans oi you want to use your allowance over 12 mth rather than one on a monthly PAYG model, but I'm only away a month so PAYG works fine for me.

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
absolutely right, I thought I had been really clever last year, they are totally different beasts and will not work for mifi or data only, but they can go in a phone that you can tether I think?? my phone wouldn't take it though o_O
Perhaps this is an 'unexpected feature' of Apple tablets? Not my experience with Android 4 (jellybean).

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not sure if you're referring to an old plan but that's certainly not the case with the one linked. You're right that you can only get data only plans oi you want to use your allowance over 12 mth rather than one on a monthly PAYG model, but I'm only away a month so PAYG works fine for me.
Got the info from your link.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I just renewed my 3 mobile contract. I get 30gb of data per month (restricted to 13gb when overseas) all you can eat calls and texts. You can now tether both in U.K. and in Europe. 12 month contract at £15 a month. Better than PAYG Data sim for our needs.

Eenansue

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Brizzle at the moment
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Limited experience
I've just got a 4G data only SIM with 15Gb per month for £17/month and the data is not restricted at all in Europe (or most of the rest of the world) on 3. They tried to sell me a phone SIM with more headline data (24Gb) but the roaming data was restricted to 9Gb. All phone SIMs are data restricted when roaming (or so I was eventually told). Data only SIMs are not restricted, or at least not on 3. It pays to read the small print, what appears to be good deal may go belly up if you are using it abroad. It took some quite pointed questioning to get the small print explained. I nearly ended up paying for something that wouldn't have done what I wanted it to and I suspect that having signed the paperwork it would have been nigh on impossible to get my money back. The sales teams are just that, sales teams. They have to sell, they don't really care if they sell you something that isn't exactly what you wanted as long as they make the sale. Once you have signed on the dotted line there is very little you can do to get out of the agreement and nothing you can do beyond the standard 14 days. Be careful what you sign up to.

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
I just renewed my 3 mobile contract. I get 30gb of data per month (restricted to 13gb when overseas) all you can eat calls and texts. You can now tether both in U.K. and in Europe. 12 month contract at £15 a month. Better than PAYG Data sim for our needs.

Wow that’s a good deal .........was looking at phoning up today for there 12gb for £15 which I thought was a good deal !

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've just got a 4G data only SIM with 15Gb per month for £17/month and the data is not restricted at all in Europe
Restricted and limit are 2 different things ... limit means if you reach your 12/13gb monthly limit abroad after that the data is still available but at a cost, so saying the data isn't restricted just means you can keep using data but once over the limit you will pay heavily for it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back