2019 Ducato fuel cut off after huge pothole experience (1 Viewer)

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Ok so after crashing through huge water filled pothole fuel cut off activated. So reset that and engine started but " Stop/ start function not available" warning message and yellow engine warning light on with "check engine" message. As yellow I continued driving and when stopped at a services spoke to an AA patrol who confirmed should be okay. Continued our journey and after stopping again for coffee all warnings have disappeared and stop start function working again.
My question for your consideration is... do I/ would you still need to get engine checked by Fiat or is all okay in your opinions?
I have checked the wheel and tyre...thank god for the really tough unforgiving michellin camper tyres (lol) and steering is okay to
Thanks in advance

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Well,I think it depends on what you are happy with. If all warnings have disappeared and stop/start is working then it should be ok. But......if you are a bit of a worrier,or if,like me,you are a belt and braces kind of a fella.....then Id get it checked out,especially the tyre and wheel and adjoining paraphernalia (note the technical term there lol)
But I’d go to my local trusted independent mechanic rather than Fiat who are many miles away.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I would get the tracking checked at least and the tyres if you can find someone you trust not to use it as an excuse to flog unecessary stuff.

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Broke the anti-roll bar doing the same!:crying:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Christ I hope not. Would I be able to tell by driving it if that has happened?
We could as the sheered bar was "rubbing" against the drop link. If truth be told it's the first time our mechanic guy had seen it happening.
It's "easy" to check as the drop links and inverted "U" brackets are visible from each wheel arch with wheels on full lock.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NicandJay
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
this is almost certainly the case, it usually takes between 1-5 full cycles for a fault to clear, full cycle is engine off and doors locked for at several minutes.
As you say it didnt clear after the first stop at the services but did at the second

Upvote 0
OP
OP
NicandJay
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Thanks all I am somewhat reassured but as Podney said in post #2 will probably get a check on front nearside when I can find a reliable independant

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back