2018 Lyseo shower enclosure, cracks and gaps (1 Viewer)

Mar 3, 2024
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo
We recently purchased a 2018 Lyseo Time, upon when inspecting closer I have discovered several issues with the shower enclosure: There are 4 cracks spread evenly from the bottom to the top, in the shower lining, starting from behind the shower door profile extending from a few cm to about 15cm for the largest one. You can see one of the cracks toward the bottom on the first picture.

The lining itself, seems to bulge in some places throughout the wall when pressing on it, almost like the bonding behind is insufficient.

One of the shower doors it seems like the profile does not extend all the way down to the floor, leaving a small gap from the end of the profile to the floor. As far as I can see, some water can get through the gap, and end up behind the shower pan edge.

There is also a small gap between the shower lining and door profile on the other door, but in a different way.

The reason Im asking here, has anyone experienced something similar with their models? Not sure if some or parts of this are a manufacturing/design problem or if something happend here. Furthermore I would the grateful for any tips on how to fix these issues!

This is where the profile does not extend all the way down. The shower liner pitches outwards a bit towards the bottom, I guess because it goes over the edge of the shower pan. However because of this, it leaves a gap for water to come through:
IMG_6329.jpg
IMG_6331.jpg

Here you can see from the side, water could get through the gap left from the profile, and find its way down behind the lip/edge of the shower pan:
IMG_6338.jpg

Here is the other shower door, seen from the outside, you can see it better from the inside, but the liner sort of bulges inwards for a bit, leaving a gap between the liner and the profile:
IMG_6339.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back