2017 Bolero waste drain valve not working (1 Viewer)

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
I have just filled the water tank ready for France next week and whilst I was at it, I decided to try the waste drain as we have recently had problems with it, but it did not work. Being a retired auto electrician I checked the circuits at the multi-plug next to the drain valve and that is OK, so we have a duff valve.
I understand the tank can be drained manually, can anyone please explain how?

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Phone Swift Customer care, or maybe your dealers workshop. I could never see the point other than trying to be flash that is, for Swift to fit an electronically switched dump valve.
You being an ex auto sparky have done as much as any dealer would do in checking that power is getting to the solenoid switch on the valve, so it looks like a new replacement under warranty, but as you know waiting times and picture proof is normally required by Swift from your dealer, before they do anything.
If I had a similar problem I would try and fit some sort of manual tap fitting to get me away on our hols, sort out the new bit when you get back.
OR
Have you asked on Swift Talk Forum?, someone may well know the part number and where to get a new one.
Good luck enjoy your hols
Les (ex Swift Tugger)

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
At the top of the blue drain valve/solenoid you should see a circular white disk. Pull this up and turn it to manually open and close the valve. Must be a common problem as I am waiting on a replacement as well for my 2017 Bolero.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
FM02MZO

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
At the top of the blue drain valve/solenoid you should see a circular white disk. Pull this up and turn it to manually open and close the valve. Must be a common problem as I am waiting on a replacement as well for my 2017 Bolero.
Many thanks for the info

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Just thinking....Is a Sargent Item, as the tank probes used to be, maybe give then a call, they used to have a great customer service record and will send out the new part straight away if its theirs of course.
Swift Talk Forum will answer that question also.
Les

OP
OP
FM02MZO

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Just thinking....Is a Sargent Item, as the tank probes used to be, maybe give then a call, they used to have a great customer service record and will send out the new part straight away if its theirs of course.
Swift Talk Forum will answer that question also.
Les
CamperUK, Lincoln have got a valve in stock and they are fitting it Thursday

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

retieredsteve

Free Member
Apr 19, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift approach 674
Had problem opening waste water valve from swift control panel nothing happening at motorised valve removed frost protection lagging a light tap with adjustable spanner and a presto valve opened and closed just slight sticking valve . Got back to lockup had the boss the wife to operate valve a few times all ok, all I need to do now replace valve lagging jacket, hope this is helpful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back