2011 3L Multijet 160 Generic Amber warning Triangle on instrument panel. (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 25, 2024
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 585t
I was wondering if anyone out there has a similar model to my Ducato.

I am trying to find out if the Amber warning triangle is supposed to come on when you turn on the ignition and then go out after the engine is started or whether it only ever comes on if there is a fault?

Thanks

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
google search answer below, perhaps it just needs some oil as opposed to the sensor?

What is the yellow triangle with exclamation mark on Fiat Ducato?

Anybody here experienced the generic fault warning light? It's the amber triangle enclosing an exclamation mark. Mine's been lighting up intermittently so took into Fiat Professional dealer today. Turns out it's a faulty oil level sensor, a relatively cheap part, but 6 or 7 labour hours to fit!

OP
OP
J
May 25, 2024
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 585t
Thanks, but at the moment I am just trying to establish if my Triangle warning light is working as specified. Hence the original question.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
There is no amber warning triangle when I turn on the ignition on our 2011 3.0 160 Multijet (Comfortmatic) so it sounds like you need to have the engine codes read to see if there is a problem or not..

dash.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J
May 25, 2024
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 585t
Hi Thanks for this this just what I wanted to know and has put my mind at rest.

I recently had a problem with what transpired to be the oil pressure switch/sensor.

The warning triangle was intermittently coming on and then going off.

I had the sensor replaced last week the Motorhome was handed over to me with the engine running and I drove it straight back to the storage facility that we use. To get in I had to open a gate, while I was doing this I switched the engine off. When I got back in to restart it I switched the ignition on I noticed that the triangle symbol didn't appear on the control panel, for some reason I thought that it came on and then went off when the engine was started (like the engine symbol), so I thought the garage repair had not been done correctly.

So your response has confirmed that everything is as it should be. Thanks.

BTW, we have the same model with (Comfortmatic) very nice to drive however a couple of times we have had the gearbox overheat symbol come on. Both times after filling up with both water and diesel abroad and going up steep hills.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
BTW, we have the same model with (Comfortmatic) very nice to drive however a couple of times we have had the gearbox overheat symbol come on. Both times after filling up with both water and diesel abroad and going up steep hills.

I've never had the gearbox overheat problem although I've had the clutch overheat message when trying to negotiate a very tight and narrow uphill hairpin bend in Italy. The nearside wheel kept loosing traction and spinning even on the dry tarmac in 2nd gear with featherweight throttle. I had to be on full steering lock to get myself out of the self inflicted sat nav blooper. The encouragement of the locals didn't really help..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back