Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Regrettably i think i've missed-out on an early 2000's Iveco Flair 7100. I'm looking around and viewed an even earlier (1998) tag-axle Flair 8000 last Friday. It's been standing for a couple of years. If I pursue an interest is there anything of which I should be aware? There's a very large bill for the Alde system, so I assume that should be ok. Local four-footed residents have been inside but I can't see any damage other than the whiffy garage. Are the N&Bs of that vintage a sound proposition? Or best to keep looking?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Check all systems and everything electrical to make sure it works as it should, chewed cables could be a nightmare to identify and repair.
It'd need to be cheap and make sure you have a decent size budget for inevitable repairs and replacements
Hope it works out for you (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Water system, taps,, pumps need checking. Tyres check for age related perishing.
Whatever needs fixing costs a lot on a flair. Engine cam belt probably needs replacing.
Overall build quality is very good on flairs.
Phil

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have just been to Peterborough show with the N+B owners club and there were two Flairs around 95 vintage, pity you were not there you could have picked their brains.

What is the motor in the 98 you are looking at? I believe some have the Fiat 2.5 in and there is a documented issue with the 5th gear. The N+B side in genera is quality but I don’t know them too intimately so can’t point to any specific areas.

Martin

Edit 2.5 is 85 bhp and 2.8 is 116 bhp

Last edited:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Standing for two years could have led to all sorts of problems on the water side of the Flair????
Does it start and run ok? Will probably need new belts on the engine-- it's a long time for the cambelt to stand??
It will have front wheel drive and with a lot of weight on the back could lead to the wet grass problems!!

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
It has the 2.5 engine. Can it be mapped for a bit more torque or is it too early?

OP
OP
O

oldieish

Free Member
Feb 13, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 7100i
Exp
Since 2012
Standing for two years could have led to all sorts of problems on the water side of the Flair????
Does it start and run ok? Will probably need new belts on the engine-- it's a long time for the cambelt to stand??
It will have front wheel drive and with a lot of weight on the back could lead to the wet grass problems!!

By "water side" do you mean the Alde system?

What would the problems on grass with a front-wheel drive?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
It has the 2.5 engine. Can it be mapped for a bit more torque or is it too early?
I think mechanical enhancement of the diesel pump, is about your best shot with that engine. :(

What would the problems on grass with a front-wheel drive?
Nigel is referring to the lesser abilities of FWD on wet grass, compared to that of the RWD on the Iveco chassis. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Last edited:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
You shouldn't have any issues with Alde system as it is ( usually ) filled with antifreeze mixture!! So totally safe left in frosty conditions

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back