1996 Hymer b694 ...Type approval No (1 Viewer)

Hymerbrittany

Free Member
Aug 23, 2020
France
Funster No
MH
A class b694
Exp
The first step to legalise my Hymer here in France is a French MOT test, called a contrôle technique.

To action this test they need to know the type number, so in typical chicken and egg scenario, I can't get a certificate of conformity as its too old, 1996, so my question today is. Has anyone imported a tag axle hymer b694 into France or Europe generally, and obtained a type number for a 1995/1996 B694. It's section K on the UK v5. Appreciated thank you.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The first step to legalise my Hymer here in France is a French MOT test, called a contrôle technique.

To action this test they need to know the type number, so in typical chicken and egg scenario, I can't get a certificate of conformity as its too old, 1996, so my question today is. Has anyone imported a tag axle hymer b694 into France or Europe generally, and obtained a type number for a 1995/1996 B694. It's section K on the UK v5. Appreciated thank you.

We were having the same problem in Poland and it was only when I quoted the EU law on Type Approval that showed that the system did not start operating compulsorily until 29th April 2012 that they stopped asking.

It was originally done under Directive 2007/46/EC now repealed and replaced by EU Regulation 2018/858 which came into effect on 1st September 2020.

Neither would have applied to your 1996 Hymer, but quoting those facts may shut them up.

Geoff

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hymerbrittany

Hymerbrittany

Free Member
Aug 23, 2020
France
Funster No
MH
A class b694
Exp
We were having the same problem in Poland and it was only when I quoted the EU law on Type Approval that showed that the system did not start operating compulsorily until 29th April 2012 that they stopped asking.

It was originally done under Directive 2007/46/EC now repealed and replaced by EU Regulation 2018/858 which came into effect on 1st September 2020.

Neither would have applied to your 1996 Hymer, but quoting those facts may shut them up.

Geoff
Geoff, thanks for your quick response. I'm guessing the contol station has a need of the type number for computer needs. The vehicle control is all computer these days and they need a type number to enter the benchmark readings to measure mine against. If you've had the same issues, you might have been given a type number? For insurance purposes perhaps? Do Poland have a control for vehicles? If so how do they know what to measure it against if they don't have a type number? Thanks again. ❤️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Geoff, thanks for your quick response. I'm guessing the contol station has a need of the type number for computer needs. The vehicle control is all computer these days and they need a type number to enter the benchmark readings to measure mine against. If you've had the same issues, you might have been given a type number? For insurance purposes perhaps? Do Poland have a control for vehicles? If so how do they know what to measure it against if they don't have a type number? Thanks again. ❤

No they just said I did not need it because the vehicle is 2003.

I do not know what 'vehicle control' is.

Geoff

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back