Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Watching Rick Steins Cornwall last night, he prepared an Indian filling for mackerel. He appeared to use a 12 volt blender in his LandRover.
Anyone know what it was? I've Googled but cant find anything as small as it looked. The one he used was about 100mm square and about 200-250mm high.
I suppose it could have been 240v via an inverter but it didn't look like it?
I've tried to contact him/the programme but for Luddites like us who steer clear of ANY social media (Facebook/Twitter etc) it's impossible.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I've got one of those still in the box some place in the spare bedroom. I bought it for Brenda and she promptly informed me that cooking in the motorhome does not involve any gadgets other than a tin opener and scissors

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
When you get a minute, I'd appreciate details.
Ta(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
I am hoping to get in there for a sort out in the next few weeks

Did you find the details? I'd like one (I eat lots of home made soup) and finding one might even mean I don't need to bother fitting an inverter into the conversion.

Cheers. :giggle:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Did you find the details? I'd like one (I eat lots of home made soup) and finding one might even mean I don't need to bother fitting an inverter into the conversion.

Cheers. :giggle:
Hi Jack, sadly no. I didn't find it

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'd go for a 'stick' blender, that way if you make soup you can stick it in the pan and not have to decant it into a liquidiser container, you can get rechargeable ones quite easily.

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
I'd go for a 'stick' blender, that way if you make soup you can stick it in the pan and not have to decant it into a liquidiser container, you can get rechargeable ones quite easily.

Yes, I'd prefer a stick blender. Also no need to wait for it to cool before blending then.

I have seen rechargeable ones but they seem very expensive - £100! At that price I think I'd be better spending a little more and buying an inverter.

If you know of cheaper ones I'd love to see them. But I cannot find them. 🔍

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes, I'd prefer a stick blender. Also no need to wait for it to cool before blending then.

I have seen rechargeable ones but they seem very expensive - £100! At that price I think I'd be better spending a little more and buying an inverter.

If you know of cheaper ones I'd love to see them. But I cannot find them. 🔍
I never said they were cheap .... to be honest I'd go for an inverter and a normal mains blender, the length of time you'll use it will be minimal so your batteries won't be overly bothered by it and you can then use the inverter for any other stuff you want to take too.

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
I bought a zyliss easy pull it's a manul food processor... Google it..I'm sorry I couldn't copy the link.. (I am a bit thick) .available on Amazon..I find it quite good.. if a little small..

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Just been looking at one of those but beloved wasn't sure about the rip cord thing going on..............so after a shed load of trawling, I've just found and ordered this................
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=124304549710

Supposed to arrive next Thursday so we'll put it through it's paces and let you all know.:giggle:
At 15 quid, it's gotta be worth a punt. Some of the Pro 12v stuff is going for £150 plus!!!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back