12V Electrics for beginners 1-5 sept (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
no real problem with last min arrivals bound to be a few who don't make it for one reason or another.

Now seems to be a good time to point out I do NOT have a seperate insurance for the seminar, it is after all free so all attendees do so at their own risk.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Could you also add Spacerunner and Woofer to your list of attendees.

My multimeter is sulking for lack of use.:roflmto:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
12V Electrics for beginners 1-5 sept, as it says in the title a seminar to help beginners understand the 12V systems used in a motorhome, use of a multimeter understanding terms etc. As Devon is so far from most of you a 5 day rally will allow you to have a holiday in the area at the same time. I will be available for personal tution for the full 5 days though the main seminar will be on Sat/sunday. Bring your own meters or use mine I'll have a few different types for you to see and use. The tuition is free, camping at rally rates so £25 for the 5 days. Extra days available on request for a few vans (at rally rates).
To be held at the Lazy Buzzard Campsite in Ilfracombe, Devon.

Please reply to THIS thread to be added to the list attendees:-

1) F6C
2) Gorsty
3) Archie2000
4) Chesterfield Hooligan
5) Grumpy Old Git
6) Littlevanfan
7) Masikuer
8) Spud'N'T'
9) KKClassic
10) Jazz
11) Bashfop & Bashfon
12) Spacerunner

In response to some other recent enquiries I can confirm I will be covering Solar panels and what to expect of them, how to connect etc. Some aspects of wind generators, connecting extra batteries, understanding fuses. I will endevour to print some basic info sheets for those with short memories (like me, hee hee) This sort of basic knowledge is invaluabe to people without the existing skills and WILL save you having to rely on others when you get stuck, even if it only allows you to understand what you are being told by a tradesman it can save you being ripped off by double talk. All ages are welcome as are singles, fulltimers or wannabees.There is even currently (if not sold in the meantime) a caravan on site for hire should you not have a van yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Woofer

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Eastleigh Hampshire
Funster No
MH
LP coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1995
12v weekend

Spacerunner did ask to add my name to the list in his post, amI the 13th man? We'll be there.:thumb:
Woofer

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Spacerunner did ask to add my name to the list in his post, amI the 13th man? We'll be there.:thumb:
Woofer
ha ha will do, I thought he was refering to the dog in his avatar:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the 13th man is a spare you will be the 14th.

For those not into electrics it is still a fun rally and you are welcome to attend.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
12V Electrics for beginners 1-5 sept, as it says in the title a seminar to help beginners understand the 12V systems used in a motorhome, use of a multimeter understanding terms etc. As Devon is so far from most of you a 5 day rally will allow you to have a holiday in the area at the same time. I will be available for personal tution for the full 5 days though the main seminar will be on Sat/sunday. Bring your own meters or use mine I'll have a few different types for you to see and use. The tuition is free, camping at rally rates so £25 for the 5 days. Extra days available on request for a few vans (at rally rates).

1) F6C
2) Gorsty
3) Archie2000
4) Chesterfield Hooligan
5) Grumpy Old Git
6) Littlevanfan
7) Masikuer
8) Spud'N'T'
9) KKClassic
10) Jazz
11) Bashfop & Bashfon
12) Spacerunner
13) spare
14) Woofer

plus any latecomers. (room for 100 vans so no problem)

In response to some other recent enquiries I can confirm I will be covering Solar panels and what to expect of them, how to connect etc. Some aspects of wind generators, connecting extra batteries, understanding fuses. I will endevour to print some basic info sheets for those with short memories (like me, hee hee) This sort of basic knowledge is invaluabe to people without the existing skills and WILL save you having to rely on others when you get stuck, even if it only allows you to understand what you are being told by a tradesman it can save you being ripped off by double talk. All ages are welcome as are singles, fulltimers or wannabees.There is even currently (if not sold in the meantime) a caravan on site for hire should you not have a van yet.

Alemo

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Chesham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1990
Please book a place for me on this rally, I have a meter, just need to know how to use all of its functions.
Alec

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

1) F6C
2) Gorsty
3) Archie2000
4) Chesterfield Hooligan
5) Grumpy Old Git
6) Littlevanfan
7) Masikuer
8) Spud'N'T'
9) KKClassic
10) Jazz
11) Bashfop & Bashfon
12) Spacerunner
13) spare
14) Woofer
15)billthedrill
16)Alemo

Alemo

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Chesham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1990
Early arrival

Hello Wildman,
Is it ok to arrive Friday afternoon? I have minimum 4hrs on the road and would like to be fully awake for your seminars. I expect additional camping fee of course.
Alec

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Arrive whenever you want, extra nights before or after can be at the rally rate of £5 per night.

Nov 21, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A class
Exp
since 2007
12v electric cse

please book me (Jim) on cse. will arrive Fri leave Thu. Thanks Yoolie (Jim & Marion)

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

1) F6C
2) Gorsty
3) Archie2000
4) Chesterfield Hooligan
5) Grumpy Old Git
6) Littlevanfan
7) Masikuer
8) Spud'N'T'
9) KKClassic
10) Jazz
11) Bashfop & Bashfon
12) Spacerunner
13) spare
14) Woofer
15)billthedrill
16)Alemo
17)Yoolie

Nov 21, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A class
Exp
since 2007
lazy buzzard campsite

Can you please let us know address or post code for the Lazy Buzzard campsite?
Yoolie

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
an address, you want an address, everyone wil turn up, hee hee.
EX348NY and that will take you 40 yards past us. From M5, J27 take the A361, do[HI] NOT [/HI]turn off for Ilfracombe when you see the signpost that will take you on a picuresque tour of narrow winding roads. Come on through to Barnstaple. Follow any route that takes your fancy having consulted a map to mullacott roundabout from there. At the roundabout head south on the B3343 Woolacombe Road after 800 yards you will see the motorhome fun banner on your right when you see the white sign with red lettering camping £7 turn in.

Last edited:

Woofer

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Eastleigh Hampshire
Funster No
MH
LP coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1995
Planning to arrive on Friday, if that's OK, Wildman.
Looking forward to it.

Pete (Woofer)

Nov 30, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt autoroller 700
Exp
on and off 20 years
I'm going to have to head up to Nottingham this weekend so won't be able to make it but would be love any handouts you as providing Rich

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Weather forecast is dry for the entire period, ground is level and well drained no ruts, not expecting any problems. Large marquee going up later in the week. so even if there is a shower your G&T will not be further diluted. So don't panic Mr mainwaring sir.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hubbie unfortunately on olympics duty as volunteer, shame as we could do with the course. If its a success will you be running anymore? :Smile:
Hey just realised the Olympic are over...................................

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Weather forecast is dry for the entire period, ground is level and well drained no ruts, not expecting any problems. Large marquee going up later in the week. so even if there is a shower your G&T will not be further diluted. So don't panic Mr mainwaring sir.

Have you got A&E on alert ?

Medi-Heli laid on.

Defibrillator.

CE high voltage safety boots and gloves for all.

Loads of appropriate fire extinguishers.

Check the date on your your first aider's certificate.

Make sure your Health and Safety Officer is known to all and carrying his/her ID card.

Ample copies of course contract and risk limitation form.

Double check any solder in use is lead free, an easy one to miss.

Since you mention alcohol, line up breathalysers to ensure everyone is alcohol free when working with electricity.

Can't be too careful, we are talking electricity here. Be prepared.

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
sounds good

I'd like to come .
Does the site have hookups?
Might be able to manage without just about for 5 days but like the convenience.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I'd like to come .
Does the site have hookups?
Might be able to manage without just about for 5 days but like the convenience.
sorry no hookups, but generator ok if you have one and if you get stuck I'm sure someone will have one.

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
hope to see you there

thanks,Wildman
I will come then unless something unpredictable occurs.
Never been to a rally before so don't really know what to expect.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have you got A&E on alert ?

Medi-Heli laid on.

Defibrillator.

CE high voltage safety boots and gloves for all.

Loads of appropriate fire extinguishers.

Check the date on your your first aider's certificate.

Make sure your Health and Safety Officer is known to all and carrying his/her ID card.

Ample copies of course contract and risk limitation form.

Double check any solder in use is lead free, an easy one to miss.

Since you mention alcohol, line up breathalysers to ensure everyone is alcohol free when working with electricity.

Can't be too careful, we are talking electricity here. Be prepared.

Seriously, this instruction has nothing to do with motorhomefun :Smile: Were insured for rallies but not a lot else. Just so's everyone knows. Thanks. :Smile:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
no real problem with last min arrivals bound to be a few who don't make it for one reason or another.

Now seems to be a good time to point out I do NOT have a seperate insurance for the seminar, it is after all free so all attendees do so at their own risk.
People were made aware of the lack of insurance for the instruction very early on Jim it will take place in a seperate field to the rally. It is my hope that with a little hands on guidence accidents and electrical fires in motorhomes will be avoided. Regretfully those that miss this one will not be able to attend another as I will be unable to hold one.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As a matter of interest, what does the MHF insurance cover?

Specifically, death by drowning, in alcohol, choking to death on bacon butties, death by drowning in mud.

Death by gassing, death by reverse mains connections.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back