LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A few observations after being away in the Palace for 12 days over Christmas and New Year, not a jolly really but parked on Mother in laws drive and keeping her on the straight and narrow ;)

We were plugged into electric and Alde heating on so lovely and toasty and I have to say that the Alde load monitor is a great addition to the Buttner inverter/charger with mains compensation, I just set the load monitor to 10A and as soon as it sees the electric kettle or hair dryer it just cuts the heating back, I set the load on the Inverter charger to 6A so the Alde could still run at 1kw with the kettle microwave or anything else on, microwave and coffee machine pulls 270A from the Lithium batteries;)

After 9 days I had to put some water on as we only started at about 75% of a 360 litre tank, after 12 days we still had capacity in the grey and black waste tanks so quite a relaxing time really with next to no servicing jobs, lucky really as it was that close to the hedge I couldn't get at the lockers anyway.

Despite it being cold we only had condensation on the windscreen the first day, after that I had the kitchen vent open a touch and of course the bedroom windows on trickle, leaving a 6 inch gap at the top of the front blind seemed to circulate warm air from the Alde heating vents in the dashboard.

This is the first time we have used the van in cold weather and I have to say that it performed very well(y)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Nice to hear all went well and that you were in your van. cant remember what that's like .
Happy new year to you and Jen .

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nice to hear all went well and that you were in your van. cant remember what that's like .
Happy new year to you and Jen .
Thanks, and to you.

It was great being in the van ;) we could have been in the house BUT, using the van meant we didn't need to use services travelling down and we had a bit of our own space, I wanted to take it for a drive anyway as we had just had an update from IVECO that included lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control so I wanted to see if it all worked.

It did(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Yes absolutely agree. Home from Home
That's the beauty of having a van and having your own services I would have done the same thing. Take care and stay safe.x

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
thats a hell of a pull 270 amps Martin is it a :giggle:big coffee machins
Microwave and coffee machine on together, the inverter is 3kw but will max at 5kw for a short period, the batteries will run continuous over 900 amps so they are on top of the job (y) and I ordered another one via Santa when they are in stock:LOL: so we should be well covered for all eventualities.

Stay safe.

M

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I went and got in ours today... :Grin:

Stood around for a few minutes scratching my head....

Then got out....

cos... I had forgot what I went in there for... :doh:

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
Wow Martin thats more than my starter motor next time we meet i ll plug into your leky hope your all well lets hope normality come s soon well for you normality for me is never a possibilty:love:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back