LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Sorry if this has been mentioned before......I did a search but couldn’t find it on the forums.....
We collected our new van yesterday, and after the handover, drove home. After about 10 miles, I noticed a capital H on the dash, between the outside temp and mileage reading. As all the gauges were ‘normal’ I ignored it until we got home, then checked the handbook, and there was absolutely no mention of an ‘H’ anywhere (Peugeot Boxer), so I ‘googled’ it. It transpires that this is a message to the dealer indicating that the odometer can be reset to ‘0’, thereby allowing the owners of a new van to have zero miles on the clock as they drive away!

Can anyone confirm that this is true? The google answer also said that, while the reset was a ‘one-off’, it could be done as long as there were less than 200km on the clock......

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
Sorry if this has been mentioned before......I did a search but couldn’t find it on the forums.....
We collected our new van yesterday, and after the handover, drove home. After about 10 miles, I noticed a capital H on the dash, between the outside temp and mileage reading. As all the gauges were ‘normal’ I ignored it until we got home, then checked the handbook, and there was absolutely no mention of an ‘H’ anywhere (Peugeot Boxer), so I ‘googled’ it. It transpires that this is a message to the dealer indicating that the odometer can be reset to ‘0’, thereby allowing the owners of a new van to have zero miles on the clock as they drive away!

Can anyone confirm that this is true? The google answer also said that, while the reset was a ‘one-off’, it could be done as long as there were less than 200km on the clock......

Correct and it can only done once .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
I have an old merc with a sprinter engine, similar problem occurs when I put a little too much oil in it. Even the garage has done it when in for an oil change, the dash then goes blank .

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Update!

The ‘H’ disappeared after about 163 miles........and has not returned.

:giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
AndyPK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
No......I did think about it, but as it only had 4 miles on the clock when collected, I thought it better to see how far we travel in the future without having to add 159 extra miles.....!

;)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
That's normal - it's possible to reset to 0 up until a certain mileage (varies according to make) just once then not after that & the H disappears. It is reassuring as it means that your new vehicle is genuinely that & not been used as a demo then mileage cleared (y)
We had it on our Citroen Jumper (Relay) & had been advised how to reset the mileage (at that point) by German dealer but we didn't bother.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back