£63 a night (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 794
Exp
Robrace have you had a look to see if there are any THS in dorset?
I like oakdown near sidmouth but it can be a bit pricey but its nice
Good luck finding somewhere i love dorset
We recently spent a week at the Oakdown Holiday Park in Sidmouth, South Devon. They advertise it as "The perfect place for caravan, touring, camping and glamping holidays..." and we have to agree. It is very family and dog friendly and beautifully maintained. As if that was not enough it is just a 20 minute walk down a lovely path to the Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary. This was the highlight of our week there.
You can see a a video we made of the site here:

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
We stayed at Union Lido in 2005 which is just along from SantAngelo site.
We paid €55 a night then but these are all singing and dancing sites, you’ll have a brilliant time down there, entertainment for all ages.
If you have children these sites are excellent, exactly what kids want.
Get the bus to the harbour from outside the main entrance then ferry over to Venice.

Enjoy.
You've hit the nail on the head there. In the days when our main holiday with the kids was 3 weeks at the late lamented Albatross, we paid through the nose, but considered it excellent value for money. It has everything the kids could want from pool to games room to open air cinema. I can't remember the figures, but it wasn't cheap, especially paying to have the EHU upgraded to run the RVs aircon :giggle: Personally I wouldn't pay £5 to go on an Easyjet type package holiday, but it's not my place to criticise those that do. The only criticism I make is against those who expect small impoverished villages deep in rural France to provide parking and sanitation facilities free of charge for the benefit of the occasional foreign visitor.
Holidays must be the ultimate personal choice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Stopped off at camping Caceres this year and paid €18 per night, each pitch included it’s own shower room, toilet, and wash basin. There was also a restaurant and small shop.
I stayed there a few weeks ago, in a tent, what luxury to have your own facilities 👍
20220626_135546.jpg
20220626_135522.jpg

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
The only criticism I make is against those who expect small impoverished villages deep in rural France to provide parking and sanitation facilities free of charge for the benefit of the occasional foreign visitor.
I’m sure they do it for the French mainly. Nothing to do with foreign visitors

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Stopped off at camping Caceres this year and paid €18 per night, each pitch included it’s own shower room, toilet, and wash basin. There was also a restaurant and small shop.
Yep, been there, done that!

Agree, pretty good. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Currently in Alpe D'huez waiting for the tour. Been here a week now free camping, the authorities have laid on black/grey water disposal and free white water without any charge. Ok its the tour and the place will be swamped with vans but the authorities know this and cater for it instead of either charging or discouraging. Vive la France 👍.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back