Vaccination queue calculator (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
I think cases are rising so fast they want to get as many first doses as possible done to try and reduce hospital admissions. I can see why that could be required but if it's that tight surely they ought to delay all schools returning and shut places of worship and have a night-time curfew etc etc.
Yes just to reduce hospital admissions only.

They need to be clear, neither of these vaccines actually stop you getting Covid nor transmitting it. All it does is to reduce the effects. Hence why as a healthy, fit person I am happy to wait as long as possible .

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years

They need to be clear, neither of these vaccines actually stop you getting Covid nor transmitting it. All it does is to reduce the effects. Hence why as a healthy, fit person I am happy to wait as long as possible .

They do stop you from getting COVID, the Pfizer one has copied a spike protein particular to the virus and uses that to help your body remember the virus and then prevent you from getting it.

It might also prevent you from spreading it, we just don’t have that data yet as it is too early.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

I don't see any evidence for certain that it does or doesn't reduce transmission to others because it's not been tested but very likely to reduce transmission because if you are less I'll you have a shorter period you shed virus and less virus to shed.
If the measures were taken and reduced hospital admissions lets do it properly this time and get down to very few cases before relaxing anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
They do stop you from getting COVID, the Pfizer one has copied a spike protein particular to the virus and uses that to help your body remember the virus and then prevent you from getting it.

It might also prevent you from spreading it, we just don’t have that data yet as it is too early.
Sorry your information is wrong. It’s just reduces the effects. These vaccines do NOT give you immunity, just like mask wearing does not. This is my fear is that this vaccine gives people false hopes, they think they will be immune when they are not.

best thing to do is keep 2 metres and wash hands. Easy to remember

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/

Deleted User
Hence why as a healthy, fit person I am happy to wait as long as possible .
Perhaps you should ask the opinion of the 2 Newcastle Utd professional footballers who are suffering long term covid, one of them apparently quite badly affected. They would have called themselves fit and healthy.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Sorry your information is wrong. It’s just reduces the effects. These vaccines do NOT give you immunity, just like mask wearing does not. This is my fear is that this vaccine gives people false hopes, they think they will be immune when they are not.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/

We are talking semantics here as we are both agreeing the vaccine is really important.

You don’t get a small case of measles once you have been vaccinated, or tetanus, or polio. You just don’t get them at all. There is no reason to think this is going to be any different.

The reason they can’t say that the vaccine won’t prevent you catching COVID is because they don’t have the data to actually back it up, yet.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

You seem to think immunity means not getting something at all wheras in vaccine terms it means the bodies response to infection. Of course masks don't affect the bodies immune system reaction to infection how could they?. Likewise any distancing measures. The vaccine primes the immune system so it responds better to infection meaning hopefully either symptom free or lesser symptom infection in which the virus will be shorter lived and less will be shed most likely resulting in less risk of transmitting to others.
It looks like the new variant is a game changer for the virus as it showed spread even during the last lockdown.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Consider this, as the Covid 19 is classed as a national emergency, and many freedom's removed and legislation amended (land acquisition and planned requirements removed)
What is wrong with taking control of vaccine technology and producing on a national level as in two world wars. In Kent is Pfizer's old plant partly occupied by tech firms production facilities ready to be rejigged etc. Take over the facility and produce for the public a vaccine at rates and costs controlled in house.
Emergency powers act used for the public good?

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
".......because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones".

Donald Rumsfeld

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
.......because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones".

Donald Rumsfeld
Having no evidence that something will happen.
Having evidence that something will not happen.
Two entirely different things.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I notice they have now changed the wording on the calculator site and is says the dates are when you will have received your second jab. So it looks like the date hasn't gone out be 2 months after all.

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Mine Between 18/12/2021 and 02/02/2022 o_O

My Dads getting his tomorrow

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Going in to the advanced Mode of that calculator, it shows that at 1M vaccinations per week and a take up of 70.6% you can see its going to take a couple of years, but if more of the remaining 29.4 % take this up it could take much longer unless the Government really do ramp this up to 2M++ per week

Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 08.46.39.png

Deleted User
Does that calculation take into account that the under 18's will not be given the vaccine.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Does that calculation take into account that the under 18's will not be given the vaccine.
Probably, the population of the UK is 66 Million, with Two vaccinations per qualifying individual that is around 108 Million vaccinations / 2 = 54 Million and 21% of the population are under 18 plus a some of the population who will refuse or not take up the Vaccine gives you the numbers.

Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
16098412407912203571865112740234.jpg
had mine same time has my good lady ,had rang our hos,pital for her. Told them .I would be coming for treatment. O you might has well come in for yours. So grateful to our hospital for all the treatment. Iv had over this year. And thanked all the staff when I had my jab. Next one tonight.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
May I ask if there is any way we have a choice? I really would prefer the Oxford one, if possible.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
May I ask if there is any way we have a choice? I really would prefer the Oxford one, if possible.
Can I ask why?

I expect it will come down to the storage facilities in your area to which one you get.

The Pifzer is said to give better protection so that would be my choice but I'm not really bothered as long as I get one.

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
I would think us that don't live near a hospital/large towns will get the Oxford Astra zenica one because of the ease of storage.

Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
View attachment 453596had mine same time has my good lady ,had rang our hos,pital for her. Told them .I would be coming for treatment. O you might has well come in for yours. So grateful to our hospital for all the treatment. Iv had over this year. And thanked all the staff when I had my jab. Next one tonight.
Well if had my 2 one. Next door has had Their cancelled and allso my pal had his 2 cancelled tomorrow. Asked the nurse she said only 1 is only given

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back