• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Diesel heater (1 Viewer)

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Brand new diesel heater 5KW still boxed unopened £100 ono

Mar 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoCruise Stardream
Exp
Newbie April 2019
Is it one of the chinese ebay ones or something better?

Any photos?

OP
OP
toledo

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
yes it is a Chinese just put one in my motorhome perfect ordered one by mistake

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just one word of caution - these heaters get VERY HOT and produce a lot of hot air which is a safety issue, not from fumes, but form the actual heat produced.

We met a chap whilst in Spain who had put one in his PVC in the gas bottle store which was located adjacent to the side sliding door (he had fitted an underslung LPG tank so it wasn't being used). He had an outlet for it into the centre of the van through the skirting but the outlet got so HOT it melted it! Fortunately he hadn't left the heater on with the PVC unoccupied otherwise I hate to think what could have happened.

Therefore make sure you have the minimum pipe run recommended (longer to be safe) and ideally more than one outlet to avoid the heat building-up only against the nearest one with no-where for the excess to go.

Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
The corrugated pipe from outlet of the heater to the plastic fitting that you attach the pipe, if is to short it can get hot. There is a minimum length when no Y branch fitted to share the outlet heat. If a single outlet fitted and short, yes it will get hot.
I found this on a propex manual, and it makes sense.
I think is a poor design installation to get the plastic melted.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Have fitted a few now and had no negative response from anyone I have fitted one from I also follow sevril forums and not seen much bad things sade abut them haven't read of any vans burnt out or Co posaning
And thousands of them have Ben fitted

airhoguk

Free Member
Jul 27, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
3 years
The unit itself will get hot. Why someone would put it in the gas bottle store is beyond me

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
The unit itself will get hot. Why someone would put it in the gas bottle store is beyond me
We met a chap whilst in Spain who had put one in his PVC in the gas bottle store which was located adjacent to the side sliding door (he had fitted an underslung LPG tank so it wasn't being used).
airhoguk. Because it was no longer in use perhaps? Our previous MH had 2 x 225v batteries in the "former" gas cylinder locker, due to it not being used as a result of an underslung bulk gas tank fitted.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Nov 4, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
My Chinese heater body itself doesn't get warm never mind hot nor does my directional outlet and that only has around 6inches of ducting from the end of the heater to the outlet. Yes the air coming out can be pretty hot depending on what setting I have it.
20181214_135210.jpgheater cover.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
airhoguk. Because it was no longer in use perhaps?
You are correct Jock, with the underslung tank all he had in the locker was the diesel heater which had one outlet hence why he had the melting issue. He'd quickly fitted it just before they went away on holiday and when the melting happened he extended the pipe to ensure it couldn't happen again, he said he was going to re-do it when he got home as there was nothing in the locker other than the heater so above it was just wasted space which he wanted to utilise.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My Chinese heater body itself doesn't get warm never mind hot nor does my directional outlet and that only has around 6inches of ducting from the end of the heater to the outlet. Yes the air coming out can be pretty hot depending on what setting I have it.
View attachment 367423View attachment 367425
Neither does mine & all I have on it at the moment is the 90º outlet. & that hasn't melted.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
All of the frontline Scottish ambulances have had eberspacher diesel heaters fitted since 1989, they are extremely reliable & kick out an unbelievable heat.
When the 2002 Sprinter wagons arrived, the service quickly realised that the carry space for the first response bag was unsuitable as the heater outlet melted the bags!

Ps; A wee note to anyone wanting to buy one with a warranty, they're available for as little as £93 on Fleabay with free delivery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back