ZENEC Sat Nav - No Audible Voice Giving Directions - Help! (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We have a combined Zenec Radio, CD, Sat Nav, Reversing Camera head unit in our Niesmann + Bischoff Arto 88F.

I have tried to use the Sat Nav a number of times now and whilst I can get it working, route planning and showing us travelling on the visual map there is no audible voice giving me audio directional instructions. I don't find it safe trying to follow the map and would rather be told when to turn left, right and which exit on a roundabout etc.

When I adjust the volume there bands come up and I have worked out how to put the SatNav volume on Maximum and there are 3 options to choose the verbosity of the instructions but I'm still not getting anything come out of the speakers. I have also found out how to choose from a selection of voices but still can't enjoy the delights of them talking to me!
I can't find a mute button to unblock and the radio plays music fine.

Can anyone give me a clue how to get sound working on the SatNav?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know your equipment but on some phone sat nabs there is sometimes buried in the settings a button that looks as if it's muted but actually means the opposite and needs unmuteing

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
:LOL::LOL::LOL: welcome to technolegy ,Ive been fiddling around with ours on our Arto88EK ,So far ive got Radio 2 & Radio Cornwall both with sound(y) All part of the journey.
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We had the same system in our N&B Arto. We found that the volume only seemed to be adjustable when the sat nav voice was actually talking. We got round this by inputting an address and when you think you'll be given directions turn the volume up. Its a bit hit and miss but if the volume is turned down that was the only way we could get it on again. We ended up assigning it to an unused channel I think. Someone on the forum gave the info so a search should bring up the instructions.

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I’ve been out and had another play!

If you press your finger on the + sign in the top right corner of the map screen you get the quick menu. Ignore the top buttons and the bottom line is devoted to sound with a mute button on the left, a slider bar which I have now set at maximum and a button on the right which shows a head with either lines coming out to show speaking or crossed out to show muted. I un-muted both buttons, set a journey up and asked fora route summary and she talked me through the major places on the route so I hope we are now sorted!

Many thanks all - we are coming to Lincoln but will be in General Camping!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back