Wheel Nut Torque Settings (2 Viewers)

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Geoff
I shall ask JC in the morning - he's had the wheels off ours a few times :Smile:

OP
OP
GEOFFs125

GEOFFs125

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
Salisbury, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Hi Linda

:thumb:Thanks, know how JC feels, not the lightest of things to throw around.

I usually just tighten them as tight as I can get them using a tube as an extension.

:Blush:But I felt a bit guilty when the tyre fitter asked me. Hav'nt lost one yet after 15,000 miles or so was my reply. Suppose its better safe than sorry.

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Tighten the nuts, in the sequence shown below, to 100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm) for 5-lug wheels; 140 ft. lbs. (190 Nm) for 8-lug and 10-lug wheels. :winky:

Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
GEOFFs125

GEOFFs125

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
Salisbury, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Thanks for the torque figuers and diagramme. Can I ask the source you obtained them from?

As I said in my previous post, in the past I have tightened them up with a 3 foot extension bar on a 1/2 inch drive knuckle bar and socket and they have never come loose. The question is, while I dont want the wheels to fall off, if I take the RV back to Tyreland and they torque them up to 190 Nm will I be able to get them off, at the roadside with my extension bar?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
190nm sound a hell of a lot of torque but it aint that bad.:whatthe:

the crank pulley bolt on my ducato engine is 200nm and that was quite easy.:thumb:

the towball nuts/bolts are 240nm, the limit of my 2ft torque wrench, and these were relatively easy .

if they do prove difficult just use foot power instead of arm power.:thumb:

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GEOFFs125

GEOFFs125

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
Salisbury, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Hi pappajohn

Without trying to teach anyone to suck eggs, the rear wheels are quite a deep dish, as a result a 12 inch extenstion is required. Exerting 190 Nm at a radius of 3 feet is not the problem. The problem lies in keeping the socket on the wheel nut whilst exerting that amount of force.

Must check what my torque wrench goes up to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back