Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
hi,
went to do a few things to the van today and found that my 5500 carver heater is not working on the electrics ????? it works ok on gas but when you put it on to the electric side the is no heat coming out ,the fan still works ok but no heat coming out it has 2 settings 1kw and 2kw but none of the settings get hot,anyone had the same or has anyone got any ideas ???

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Err you are on hook up with sufficient capacity aren't you.
the fan works on 12v heating elements on 240V have you checked all switches/fuses, is there 240V to other sockets. Have you maybe tripped the RCD.
There is an internal electronics control box which may be at fault if all the other things are ok.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Err you are on hook up with sufficient capacity aren't you.
the fan works on 12v heating elements on 240V have you checked all switches/fuses, is there 240V to other sockets. Have you maybe tripped the RCD.
There is an internal electronics control box which may be at fault if all the other things are ok.

If you do need spares I believe Thetford
the portapotty people can supply.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
xjrchris

xjrchris

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
thanks Wildman
i am hooked up to my house,everthing else works on 240v, when i slide the controls along i can hear a click but cant get any heat out of it,i have checked the "kettle" plug in the side and that was in ok , some one said there is a reset button ?? i cant find one :Sad:

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Try the reset button - it's on the left hand side of the cover for the fan unit (looking from the front). I have to take out a drawer above the fire to get at mine. The button itself is just a slightly raised area of the mounting that will click when you press it. Does the trick nine times out of ten with me, so I hope it works for you too. Also, try to clean dust off the fan blades which you can get at by removing the front.

OP
OP
xjrchris

xjrchris

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year