Lets help to reduce fuel prices. (1 Viewer)

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
This could work . . . . . . .

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting £106.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.10 a litre. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc., i.e., boycott BP and Esso

BYE - PETE

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Sorry Tony but this has been going the rounds for years, just updated as prices rise. See Link Removed for an example from America from May 2004.

Graham

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:RollEyes: I think the problem here is that people assume it is the Fuel producers that make the price of fuel. The Government takes the BIGGEST slice of the fuel price. OK. I agree the producers make a lot of profit. But remember the Government makes even more. The only way for fuel prices to drop to to take over the Government. :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
There is one unescapable fact in all this. -PROFIT.- All companies protect their profit. When-ever people cut back on any product, all they do is increase the price to maintain their profit. Diesel is a case in point. Back in the early days people started buying diesel cars as they did more mpg. This meant they were not buying as much and their profits suffered, so all they do is increase the price and this has been the case ever since. This also applies to any utility. All this insulate your home nonsense, save electricity, gas etc. You then don't use as much, their profit slumps, so they just increase the price. You can never win.

ken (Sunday morning rant):Angry:

OP
OP
Tony Hunt

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Trouble is people are all talk and no action (head in the sand) and leave it to everybody else. I know if all my customers stopped buying my products infavour of the opposition I would soon start panicking. Totally agree it is the government thats most at fault for all our problems, I never voted them in so it must be down to the rest of yous :ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Typical Brits sadly.

We moan about asylum when around the campfire yet scared to say anything anywhere else in case branded as racist.

We moan about fuel price yet will just carry on paying the prices as life goes on.

We are all guilty of going for the easy option.

Only when prices rise so high we can afford to shop for basics would we rise up yet it's already having a knock on effect in the supermarkets and Hi street with rising prices.

Nothing happens without oil.

We should also push ahead with nuclear power as well so we are not dependant on other unstable countries for all our fuels.

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The big petroleum companies always seem to say that they make very little profit on retail sales - and I believe them. They don't need to make large profits out of retailing when they are already doing so out of the wholesale market.

As the big companies sell wholesale to all outlets then it doesn't matter to them if people boycott their own stations, they are still making their money from sales to others.

Ken's point about prices increasing to maintain profits is a very good one - and is inevitable until the price rises so high that nobody buys the product.

The tax factor is a different matter and already well discussed elsewhere. :Smile:

Graham

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the problem with 'we wont buy fuel on a particuler date' is it doesn't work.
take xmas day as an example. if 90% of motorists dont buy fuel on xmas day the petrol companies dont got into panic.
90% is a lot higher than any 'dont buy fuel' days will ever produce.
we can shout and we can scream but it wont change a thing.
just my view on something that wont go away.

john.

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Totally agree with you Pappajohn. I watched motorists queuing down the road on Xmas eve, did'nt matter how much the fuel was and they were open again Boxing day. Tesco's put their fuel prices up on Xmas eve down our way. Do you also realize that all the big companies do not pay tax in this country, that includes Tesco, BP etc. etc. They are all registered abroad.

ken:Angry:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
14 billion pounds profit! They really don't give a stuff for customer perception do they? OK, I know it's not just oil related products but even so!

Regards
Doug

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun