Free Member
Oct 17, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
high top
Exp
im a newbie
Hello, my name is Tracey and my Hubby and I have decided to live the dream. We have begged and borrowed and now purchased our first Motor Home, a 1998 Fiat Ducato, Swift Royale. After spending the first week cleaning every inch, inside and out, we have decided to jump in the deep end and spend 2 nights in Dawlish this weekend. Wish us luck. lol :Eeek:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Tracey :welcomefunster:

Good luck (not that you will need luck) for your first outing........just enjoy yourselves:thumb:

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Tracey, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:thumb:
Enjoy your trip to Dawlish.:Cool:
:flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi Tracey!

Have a great weekend in your mh! We used to take our two children down to Dawlish and all over the South Hams......ah, happy days!
The children have now flown the nest and it's just us two, but we intend to go back down to south Devon there are so many beautiful little places around there......we know it like the back of our hand.
Have a super weekend:thumb:
p.s. Lovely little pub in Blackawton:winky:

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
trip 2 dawlish

:thumb:evenin tracey,enjoy your trip 2 dawlish,me and my pammy went 2 nec 4 camping and caravan show,fri till sun it was a good experience.enjoy talk soon.

OP
OP
T

THENEWSHMOO

Free Member
Oct 17, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
high top
Exp
im a newbie
Thankyou all for your good wishes, so excited , dont even mind if it rains, if it does, at least we will find out if it has any leaks. lol. We thought the camper would be an escape now the kids are older, but they have decided they would like to come with us, be a cosy squeeze now. lol. will look out for that pub. x::bigsmile:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Wecome to the house of fun :welcomefunster::welcomefunster:

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Hope you all had a wonderful time. We took our first motorhome for a mini outing for a few hours and loved it, cant wait to do a weekend.
Lynn and Kev

OP
OP
T

THENEWSHMOO

Free Member
Oct 17, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
high top
Exp
im a newbie
Weve survived

Thankyou all for your warm welcome. we went and weve come back, in one piece. Had 2 nights in Dawlish, weather was really kind, until Sunday night when the heavens opened all night with strong winds as well, (no leaks. LOL )
Everything worked really well, which we are pleased with ( even the on board loo worked well in the small hours of Monday morning, by the way can anyone let us know if you can put toilet paper down those loo,s.
We have camped in tents for the last 10 years, it was so nice to leave this morning, just having to disconnect the electric hook up and drive away.
Good Luck Lynn and Kevin with your first venture::bigsmile:

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Loo paper

We were told when we picked our van up to use the cheaper recycled loo paper from lidl and the like.:Smile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Loo paper!

Glad to hear you had a great weekend in your van! On the subject of loo roll.......this is one of the things that makes this forum so interesting:roflmto:::bigsmile: we were advised a while back to use the cheaper stuff, the "own brand basic stuff" and not your quilted ultra lux ones at the top end! Or maybe this should be at the bottom end...........:roflmto:
I remember our first weekend away in the mh, we checked in to the site and one of my first questions was on loo roll too!:Blush::Doh:
Regards, Margaret & Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back