PayPal Payments Cancelled! 💰💸 (1 Viewer)

Jul 19, 2018
South Angus, South of the Sidlaws.
Funster No
MH
AutocruiseSelect184
Exp
Since 2011
Just received notification from PayPal that the annual auto payment to Motorhome Fun has been cancelled by Motorhome Fun.
Anyone else have the same?

Had no notification why this should be....

ANSWER ADDED TO THIS FIRST POST BY JIM [24 AUGUST 10:00hrs]

This is nothing to worry about.

As you were likely aware, MotorhomeFun Subs went up last month.
If you missed that, the details are here.

Unfortunately, PayPal won’t let us adjust the payments, so we have had to cancel your future payments. Your subs are still good and will run for the same time. When it’s time to renew, we’ll remind you in good time and you can set up a new standing order.

Really sorry for the inconvenience

Kind regards

Jim

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I have also had the same e-mail.
Glad I was warned, thank you fellow funster, your a star.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
it may just be a badly managed transition

Reactions: bri
Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
I had an email from PayPal on 3rd August (the day the increase took effect) advising of the increase and another on 18th advising payment had been made but obviously that didn’t make it to here as I was a free member from then until yesterday, with no posting privileges. I wonder if Jim will give me an extension?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Anyone 'At' Jim so he's aware? Or PM him?
Not sure :think:
But I can Jim :rofl:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Subs have gone up and we've discovered we can't adjust the Paypal Payments without issues. Seems the only way to upgrade them is to cancel and start again. It's just the standing order that is cancelled, your subs are good, till they would have run out, then if you wish, you can start another at the new rate of £20. (y)

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I had an email from PayPal on 3rd August (the day the increase took effect) advising of the increase and another on 18th advising payment had been made but obviously that didn’t make it to here as I was a free member from then until yesterday, with no posting privileges. I wonder if Jim will give me an extension?

That is the problem we are experiencing. Paypal is collecting the £20, but not communicating with the forum, then I am having to manually sort things out, as I did with your subs yesterday. Starting a new standing order when your subs expire is the best way forward. (y)

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Subs have gone up and we've discovered we can't adjust the Paypal Payments without issues. Seems the only way to upgrade them is to cancel and start again. It's just the standing order that is cancelled, your subs are good, till they would run out, then if you wish, you can start another at the new rate of £20. (y)
If that’s the case, why did they advise me that the amount would be changing and then take £20.00 from my account? I have also just received the cancellation email.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If that’s the case, why did they advise me that the amount would be changing and then take £20.00 from my account? I have also just received the cancellation email.

Everything is OK at the PayPal end, we adjusted the price there and it collects the £20. It's the forum software that is rejecting it, for some reason the original amount is baked into the code, so when we receive the £20 from Paypal the forum software is rejecting it saying it is too much. So you are not getting the amount added to your account. All you see is that your subs are not applied and I manually have to adjust them. I can't do that with everyone, so cancelling the order and making a fresh one when this one expires is the best option.

bri

Oct 2, 2020
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR BENIVAN 122
Just received notification from PayPal that the annual auto payment to Motorhome Fun has been cancelled by Motorhome Fun.

Me too just had mine cancelled is it because its gone up .Mine says cancelled by Motorhomefun.

Feb 15, 2021
Harleston,Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F70
Exp
Stopped years ago, now started again

Yes I have just received my notification from PayPal

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Me too just had mine cancelled is it because its gone up .Mine says cancelled by Motorhomefun.

Yes I have just received my notification from PayPal
Read my post just above yours (y)

Sez Lez

Free Member
Dec 27, 2019
Whittlesey, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 748 EB
Exp
4 years
Ive had the same notification last night, i noticed the card i used has expired as i set up a repeat payment a couple of years back, that card has expired so when the payment comes up as due i will set up a new standing order

Reactions: Jim

roadtrip

Free Member
Jun 5, 2021
Funster No
MH
Swift motorhome
Thank god for all the above, I thought I had upset someone and that my membership had been cancelled. Couldn't check the forum as I was at work all night.
£20 is good for me. Keep up the good work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back