Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
It may have been mentioned earlier.

From the start of this year, the DVLA has also banned the fitment of new number plates with an EU band. Motorists now need to ensure they have a ‘GB’ sticker attached to their car when travelling in Europe.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
bobsnicholson@
Thank you.

I am wondering where to put the GB sticker on our scooter. There is no room to put it rear facing without covering the registration plate. I haven’t been able to find any information on it as yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Taken from the .gov website:

Travelling in Europe
You do not need a GB sticker if your number plate includes the GB identifier on its own or with the Union flag. But you will need to display a GB sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

a Euro symbol
a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
numbers and letters only - no flag or identifier
If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a GB sticker no matter what is on your number plate.

This image is correct, except for Spain, Cyprus & Malta

EqlI5-WXMAATmqR-1920x1080.jpg

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
bobsnicholson@
Thank you.

I am wondering where to put the GB sticker on our scooter. There is no room to put it rear facing without covering the registration plate. I haven’t been able to find any information on it as yet.
I will put ours on the back of the top box.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
It may have been mentioned earlier.

From the start of this year, the DVLA has also banned the fitment of new number plates with an EU band. Motorists now need to ensure they have a ‘GB’ sticker attached to their car when travelling in Europe.
Just wondering if anybody has already posted a definitive list of what is now required to travel with your motorhome to the EU since Jan 2021. Such as:

Green card
Credit card version of driving licence
GB plate
Long vehicle sticker
Anything else (vaccination card?)

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
We don’t have a top box.

With two artificial knees Mrs Maison finds it too difficult to get her leg over. ;)
How about:

Back of seat, rear mudguard, rear mudflap, back of jacket(s), back of crash helmet(s), attach a small plate below the numberplate, etc

Or, don't go to Malta, Cyprus or Spain and you can have it on the numberplate in the rest of the EU countries 🙂

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
bobsnicholson@
Thank you.

Get a piece of ally plate, the same size as your sticker and bolt it onto your Reg. plate. No doubt the extra wind resistance will play havok with your mpg. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Get a piece of ally plate, the same size as your sticker and bolt it onto your Reg. plate. No doubt the extra wind resistance will play havok with your mpg. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Bit confusing that.
The Thank you is me the text under is not. (or i typed it in my sleep)

EDIT, just seen Maison, sorry

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Taken from the .gov website:

Travelling in Europe
You do not need a GB sticker if your number plate includes the GB identifier on its own or with the Union flag. But you will need to display a GB sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

a Euro symbol
a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
numbers and letters only - no flag or identifier
If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a GB sticker no matter what is on your number plate.

This image is correct, except for Spain, Cyprus & Malta

View attachment 457655
So the simplest way is if it has gb and a euro flag just stick something over the euro flag ..then you dont need a gb sticker

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
So the simplest way is if it has gb and a euro flag just stick something over the euro flag ..then you dont need a gb sticker

Yes, except for Spain, Cyprus & Malta - then you'll need a 'proper' GB sticker

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes, except for Spain, Cyprus & Malta - then you'll need a 'proper' GB sticker
Yeah I don't need to worry about them at present as im in greece ...but trying to avoid french problems

I have gb plates with euro stars on my van covered with SCO stickers.

So ill just remove them and cover the stars if need be.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Solves every one's problem cheap too £1.25 a pair

HERE

s-l400 (3).jpg

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
So another unforeseen piece of petty Bullsh*t to add to the cost of leaving the EU? Why does it make a difference if your car’s original number plate had the EU stars printed on it when you got it? Has the Frenchperson following you down a French road worried in the past about whether your car has stars or a union flag on it? Has it made him/her treat you with more caution in the past? Is it likely to make any difference in the future? Or is it just a bit more “jobsworth” petty bureaucracy for the sake of it? I don’t even know, or for that matter care, what symbol is on the number plates of any of our vehicles, so I’m buggered if I’m going to change any of the plates on our vehicles, I may get a couple of “Ecosse” stickers though, just to be bloodyminded!!

Must be lockdown Covidboll@cks making me grumpy again!!

Cheers, non compliantly!!

Russ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
So another unforeseen piece of petty Bullsh*t to add to the cost of leaving the EU? Why does it make a difference if your car’s original number plate had the EU stars printed on it when you got it? Has the Frenchperson following you down a French road worried in the past about whether your car has stars or a union flag on it? Has it made him/her treat you with more caution in the past? Is it likely to make any difference in the future? Or is it just a bit more “jobsworth” petty bureaucracy for the sake of it? I don’t even know, or for that matter care, what symbol is on the number plates of any of our vehicles, so I’m buggered if I’m going to change any of the plates on our vehicles, I may get a couple of “Ecosse” stickers though, just to be bloodyminded!!

You dont need to change the No plate if registered before 2021 and just like Switzerland and Norway etc you will need a country sticker ,I agree some jobs worth in the EU !

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

I have ecosse on mine but its surrounded in eu stars

I think its france that's the problem not the EU as no other country ive been through ever gave a toss

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back