Rally Lincoln Show (2 Viewers)

Sep 28, 2017
Bakewell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo
Exp
Booked arriving Thursday - first Rally - thinK i met some of you a few years ago at NEC - in my old ‘brand new’ Adria sonic supreme - alarms going off, never had a MH before - a big thanks for the help that weekend. Now got a new Morelo Palace - so beautiful i could cry! Just returned from the North Coast 500 - Scotland - wild camping - i am hooked.

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Booked and paid, arriving Thursday.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trucker

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2013
Renfrewshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2009
Booked and form filled in arriving Thursday, we’re looking forward to another show with Funsters

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Dear Club Marshal

Once again I find myself writing to you as we approach our last show of the season in Lincoln and once again the format has to change.

We will not be able to host our main entertainment, although we are hopeful we can set up a club house type facility in the Epic building and have a solo singer on Friday and Saturday night. All socially distanced seating of course. The popular Darren Busby being one of these.

We have actually secured Jethro for 2021 so I would ask those that have booked with us to keep their tickets for that in place.

We cannot accommodate club areas, we will offer 2 areas, general or wild camping. We need to be able to simply wave the arrivals to the next pitch. General are invited to arrive from Thursday and will have toilets open in their area and wild campers will arrive from Friday and have no facilities other than water tap and elsan.

Apologies we cannot once again take clubs. Here’s to 2021!

Thank you for your continued support. This message will go out to bookings, later today.

Regards

Sally Dodds

Head of Events
01778 391105

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Shame they can't still divide the areas up a little bit for larger clubs - like Funsters? So am I right to assume unless you arrive in convoy everyone will be scattered?

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
We too have cancelled and requested a refund.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I would have attended Peterborough, Malvern and Lincoln if we had been able to be in club areas, at least you are near people you know and have the chance to chat with social distancing in place.
Their loss I think..

Jul 2, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Ih tio
Exp
Does this mean you have to book for general area .but can just turn up for wild camping area or do you book for both ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That's us counted out then ... when we originally booked we thought we could stay for 4 days with our funster friends but as we can't even do that now and won't have any idea where we'll end up on the site it's not something we want to stay at plus there won't be any trips out either and going into Lincoln on the bus was one thing we enjoyed doing. We'll probably just go for the day as it's not that far away.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Even though it's free for day visitors you have to book. I suppose it's to control numbers.
I'm meeting friends at Tescos then we'll arrive together and be parked together.
Day tickets are £5 for 2, they were only 'free' for shows where there was more restrictions in place, as this one still has stuff going on they're still charging entry (you do get a free copy of Which Motorhome though!).

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
Day tickets are £5 for 2, they were only 'free' for shows where there was more restrictions in place, as this one still has stuff going on they're still charging entry (you do get a free copy of Which Motorhome though!).

Oh yes, sorry. I was going off Peterborough and Malvern. I think both those were free for day visitors. They were also £10 cheaper for wildcamping!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Oh yes, sorry. I was going off Peterborough and Malvern. I think both those were free for day visitors. They were also £10 cheaper for wildcamping!
Yes the wild camping is dearer, not sure why though but I suppose Warners have to make money somehow!

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Bob and Jan booked for general camping. Arriving Thursday

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just cancelled and have been refunded. Hopefully next year.
Cheers Cris.

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Shame there is no longer club camping. What I'm not sure of though is the difference between general and wild camping. It seems to me that it is £15.00 more simply for access to a toilet near where you are parked...! Have I read that right?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Shame there is no longer club camping. What I'm not sure of though is the difference between general and wild camping. It seems to me that it is £15.00 more simply for access to a toilet near where you are parked...! Have I read that right?
That's what hubby was telling me ... no showers or anything else as a benefit for the extra £15.

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Hmm, think as others have noted and voted with their non-attendance, Warners might have got it wrong on this one with no clubs and £15.00 more for a loo when most have loos on board and both camping options come with water and waste anyway. £15.00 is a lot of money for a slightly more convenient convenience.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
This is what it says on Warner's site about the show ... the only other difference between the 2 areas is that for the 'general' camping @ £55 you can stay from Thursday whereas for the 'wild' camping you can't go until Friday.

In Lincoln you will have two choices for camping. For the first time this season we can take another step back to normal and offer you our usual 'general' camping area, which will includes arrival either Thursday or Friday and with shared facilities. Our wild camping areas have proved quite popular, so for those who facilities are not as important you can camp in one of our wild camping fields from the Friday without facilities.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back