Padders

Free Member
Jul 4, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin SGX
Exp
Just to say a big HELLO to all those funsters who’s avatars indicate that, like us, they have an Adria which is a very tasteful shade of burnt orange. I’ve often wondered how many of us there are out there and tend to wave wildly when ever I see one on the road. May be we should try for a Guinness book of records entry for the most burnt orange vans on one camp site once the lockdown is over and C19 has receded ?

Has anyone else adopted a daft colour related name for their van ? To open the batting ours is affectionately known as Paddington on the basis that it is a similar colour to a decent marmalade sandwich !

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
We could have ordered an orange one when we ordered our grey one.....sadly I bottled it and stayed “safe”

.....regret what you didnt do, not what you did do, so true in my case.....

Last edited:

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
I like the orange ones very much, but as others have hinted, is it a good resale colour?

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
Yeah, we have an orange one! Known as Denby for pottery continuation and location based reasons, so not a very orange name. Love our van, so missing it in the sunshine.

OP
OP
Padders

Padders

Free Member
Jul 4, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin SGX
Exp
Ours is 2019, from the catalogues it looks like Adria have stopped the orange colour option which I just don’t get - we really like the colour at wherever we park up it always attracts interest.

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
We originally got our chairs (made by a canoe guy in NI) to match the interior of our grey VW Autocamper. Now, sadly, they are not quite the right shade of orange (more neon than burnt). Still, all orange is good orange. We also have orange plastic spoons, tongs etc. Sadly our table is a rather boring silver colour.

Aug 3, 2020
Herefordshire/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SP
Exp
1596536882295.png
Had to be done.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I like the Orange Adria's, that what I would choose if ordering, but there are some lovely Dark Metallic Red Carthago Malibu Vans also.( the ones with the strange Port Hole round windows at the rear side)
I think I have seen some lovely Mediterranean Blue PVC's also, but cant remeber who makes them.
The Dark Grey Metallic vans are also IMHO, better than White or Silver.
Globecar do some different colours also, so its catchin on, people obviously like a change.
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
there are some lovely Dark Metallic Red Carthago Malibu Vans also.( the ones with the strange Port Hole round windows at the rear side)
I always think someone’s fastened bog seats to the side when I see them, I don’t think I could ever own one🤔👍

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Love the orange - nice van

I remember some years ago, I went to the NEC motorhome show to get some design ideas for my new Moho project

Nearly every van was white with a beige interior - horrible, hideous looking things!

When looking to purchase a van for conversion, I assumed it would be white or maybe silver as I was looking for the less common Medium Wheel Base Boxer/Relay, so much less choice of vans for sale

Early in the morning, the day after selling my previous van, the right model/mileage/history/price/etc van came up as a 'buy it now' on Ebay

Half an hour later, I headed out on my Suzuki Gixer motorbike for a 160 mile very wet ride to see the van, a test drive, a very gentlemanly price negotiation, sort out tax, insurance & paperwork then load the Suzuki in the back of my new van for the trip home

The reason for my enthusiasm was that it was dark metallic grey

Nearly 5 years later, every time I look at my van, I'm so happy that it isn't white or silver

It's good to see moho/van manufacturers doing something a bit different

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
Totally agree - we were at a club site a couple of weeks ago, in for the first time in almost forever. Usually we're BritStop or CL or wild camp types, but we wanted to plan our first weekend away in these plague ridden times, rather than take a chance. As we drove into the site, a vista of white vans lay before us, without a single exception. Later that evening a dark grey PVC moved in next to us, for solidarity we like to think :)

Is there any reason that coachbuilts are always white? Plastic round the house seems to come in a rainbow of colours.

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
I was wondering why? Is it consumer taste, or is there some reason white is much better or cheaper?

Clattergate

Free Member
Dec 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
Vw California
Exp
20 years
Orange is back by popular demand this year I think

Rugbyandy

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600sp
Exp
New 1st van in 2019. Burnt orange. Love it!
IMG_20191019_150545429_HDR~2.jpeg
IMG_20191019_150545429_HDR~2.jpegWent to our dealer to buy an Orange Twin and they had one in and ready to go. East to find in car parks, ours is called Jaffa. Most people seem to say its cool but not sure they would have one. We would never have a white one.

Blue lagoon

Free Member
Sep 14, 2018
Funster No
MH
Citroen relay xlwb
Exp
4 years
It was a toss up between burnt orange and metallic blue when we had ours sprayed ... as you can see blue won the day....and together with a drop snout it just had to be called Noo Noo in honour of the little blue vacuum cleaner on the Teletubbies!

DizzyHippy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Devon Aztec
Exp
I am a newbie
|I am taking delivery next week of a new to me Devon Aztec - mine is banana yellow!!!! Rather like an ambulance in a rear view mirror - just need to get a blue light to keep in the glove. Having had three blue lighter trips within the past year might come in handy. I convinced my husband it would be more secure as you would notice it being towed if stolen or indeed easy to see on a motorway or car park!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back