Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
View attachment 413293View attachment 413293Went to our dealer to buy an Orange Twin and they had one in and ready to go. East to find in car parks, ours is called Jaffa. Most people seem to say its cool but not sure they would have one. We would never have a white one.
Hi Rugby Andy, great picture, if you mind me asking, where was taken. Just put deposit on new Adria twin in Baltic orange. Regards Danny

Aug 3, 2020
Herefordshire/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SP
Exp
Took the Orange Van to Suffolk last week then Cambridge. Saw an identically orange Adria parked up in Southwold. Anywhere on here? On both sites people stopped for a chat about the van and its colour. Seems popular.

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
Took the Orange Van to Suffolk last week then Cambridge. Saw an identically orange Adria parked up in Southwold. Anywhere on here? On both sites people stopped for a chat about the van and its colour. Seems popular.
Hi SB, how long have had the van and any problems?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SP
Exp
Hi SB, how long have had the van and any problems?
Hello there. Bought the van last April and just did a few UK-based run-outs before (we thought) a longer European trip this year. So far this year we've done trips to Wales, Suffolk, Cambridge. No van-specific problems at all... just novice driver problems. The latter prompted me to add reversing sensors, avoid parts of Cornwall, research other SatNavs and take the advice from "helpful" onlookers with a pinch of salt. I still have the odd problem finding places to park it (and we have the 600 version rather tha 640). Had a few issues remembering how to do stuff (heat the water, set up the fridge to switch between gas/electric etc) but now OK. Starter battery went flat over the winter a few times so now going to get a solar panel fitted. Although a 3rd bed is available, I'm pretty convinced that the 600 version wouldnt work for 3. For the two of us it's perfect. Shower / toilet all good and invaluable given lack of facilities at the present. Drive-wise... yes, it's a van - and that took me a while to adjust to. Have gradually reduced rattling (we are novice vanners) and gradually become more tolerant of this! Effortless cruising. I get irritated by lack of within-easy-reach radio/media controls on the recommended AVIC EVO (Camper) satnav/radio/media unit.. but that's maybe splitting hairs! All in all, trouble free and we love it. Glad we didnt go smaller VW-size and I wouldnt have liked anything bigger to drive (daily drive is an Alfa which sticks to the road like a limpet and corners like a go-kart). Now need a longer trip!

dodfloss

Free Member
Feb 20, 2017
beverley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
dethleffs eighty a class
Exp
2 years
Thanks for your reply , Cornwall always scary in the country lanes. Glad you like and enjoy the van

Aug 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SP
Exp
Confession. Been getting really confused about several references to the Twin being a "PVC". I've even been tapping the sides and shaking my head. I was convinced that "motorhomes" had some plastic bits but that the Twin was metal. Now realise that PVC is Panel Van Conversion.... not Polyvinyl Chloride / Plastic. Duh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back