Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Guys,

I really need to ask this question as I'm intrigued by the whole Morelo-thing.

Here goes: How would a motorhome simpleton like me go about buying a Morelo?

On the surface it may seem to be a silly question but how does one go from owning a normal/average MoHo to the purchase of a Liner.

I just don't get it. Ive checked out the 'brochure from hell' and, after an hour of reading it, I still couldn't ascertain whether or not the final unit price included a loo......or a bed.......or a steering wheel......or wing mirrors.

Is this one of those purchases whereby you first have to go and live with Martin, Peter or Michael in one of their spare rooms of their homes for a month before you have a smidge of an idea on what you'll get for your dosh.

........so, in conclusion, can someone paint me a picture, preferably by numbers, of how a chap goes about unravelling the secret world of the Morelo price list because I've not got a clue.

Thanks chaps,

Andrew

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Here is a start both new and secondhand in Germany. You can get a feel of stock vans and secondhand in terms of what you get for your money. On a new one listed if you copy and paste the description below any vans entry (this content remains in German) and paste into Google Translate you get the list of extras and standard items for that van.
Broken Link Removed
Where to buy, one dealer in the UK a shedload in Germany.
There is a start for you.

Michael

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Here is a start both new and secondhand in Germany. You can get a feel of stock vans and secondhand in terms of what you get for your money. On a new one listed if you copy and paste the description below any vans entry (this content remains in German) and paste into Google Translate you get the list of extras and standard items for that van.
Broken Link Removed

Michael

Thanks Michael, I'll check that out over a coffee.

All the best,

Andrew

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don't see the problem, I have a Morelo brochure & price list doesn't appear much different to Hymer or any other German manufacturers way of doing it apart from the price.

I did love the honest Morelo sales manager opening gambit when I spoke to him "Of course being German everything is extra".

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Broken Link Removed

Michael
They must be absolute rubbish motorhomes - a rare marque yet 111 people in Germany want to sell them :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :reel:

On the other hand, only three Le Voyageurs.... just saying' :whistle2:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They must be absolute rubbish motorhomes - a rare marque yet 111 people in Germany want to sell them
That's because they are getting bigger ones. :rofl:

Seriously you do get a lot of fairly new S/H ones compared to the amount built it's the same with Concorde's.
They are the type of vehicle well of people buy because they fancy a Motorhome often their first van and then they find out it's not for them.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They are the type of vehicle well of people buy because they fancy a Motorhome often their first van and then they find out it's not for them.

This is often true of bigger vans because of this.

What a campsite owner tells you...

Yes Sir, 11m long, no problem sir, we have pitch number 12 for long motorhomes you'll easily fit on it.

What they don't tell you

You can only get on pitch 12 when pitches 6 and 7 opposite it are empty. If you do get on and subsequently pitches 6 and 7 get taken, you can't get off, you're staying as long as they are. :D

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Hook line and sinker. :whistle2: :reel: :rofl:

I don't like it much either......
I didnt want to be too controversial. I was rather shocked the exterior panels were very poor the front cap was basically Atego Truck, bit like those that have Actros chassis. I went to the stand specifically to look at it and glimpsed in through the door and decided I had better experiences to make elsewhere. So I was disappointed as I expected Concorde, Phoenix, Morelo standard.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I didnt want to be too controversial. I was rather shocked the exterior panels were very poor the front cap was basically Atego Truck, bit like those that have Actros chassis. I went to the stand specifically to look at it and glimpsed in through the door and decided I had better experiences to make elsewhere. So I was disappointed as I expected Concorde, Phoenix, Morelo standard.
Build quality on my 2014 including panel gaps etc is first class. I think they have gone downhill since about 2017 and now simply look and feel like a posh expensive Pilote

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I saw a guy with a palace liner on a municipal in france last year getting absolute hell from two french battleaxes because the only place he could park blocked the whole place up and put their caravans in the dark

tbf if he was a better driver he could have got onthe aire

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Guys,

I really need to ask this question as I'm intrigued by the whole Morelo-thing.

Here goes: How would a motorhome simpleton like me go about buying a Morelo?

On the surface it may seem to be a silly question but how does one go from owning a normal/average MoHo to the purchase of a Liner.

I just don't get it. Ive checked out the 'brochure from hell' and, after an hour of reading it, I still couldn't ascertain whether or not the final unit price included a loo......or a bed.......or a steering wheel......or wing mirrors.

Is this one of those purchases whereby you first have to go and live with Martin, Peter or Michael in one of their spare rooms of their homes for a month before you have a smidge of an idea on what you'll get for your dosh.

........so, in conclusion, can someone paint me a picture, preferably by numbers, of how a chap goes about unravelling the secret world of the Morelo price list because I've not got a clue.

Thanks chaps,

Andrew

Well Michael has given you the link to the English brochure so that’s a good start on the cross of confusion ;) Only kidding really but you have to careful with pictures as they often show options in the photographs but don’t tell you they are options.

The price list and spec sheet is good though with weights as well as a price against the options.

If you want to take the guesswork out of it go to a show and sit down with a dealer or go over to the factory showrooms and stop on their Stellplatz, unlimited coffee in the showroom and answers to all your questions.

Yes you get a toilet, type depends on model and or options ticked, mirrors yes inside and out, steering wheel yes but you want the optional removable one.

If you see me at a rally knock on the door I love talking about vans?.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You could always ask funflair they are just starting to build his ?
Just caught up Debs, sorry about being late to the party but we have just got off a plane in Madeira.

And the sun is shining so bye.

Martin

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Not sure if I'm missing the point here but I bought my first ever brand new vehicle last year, an Adria Motorhome, felt like a millionaire. Some people thought it foolish to pay so much for a motorhome. As I always say I did it because I could. However 'extravagant' you are its always the same "because we can".

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
...........but you have to careful with pictures as they often show options in the photographs but don’t tell you they are options.

If you want to take the guesswork out of it go to a show and sit down with a dealer or go over to the factory..................

Martin

Thanks Martin,

Nicky and I will swing-by the Travelworld showroom as we'll be down that way for a Place In The Sun exhibition early next month.

Your comment about the brochure pics is one that is most relevant to my opening thread as it's this 'what you get as standard' bit that is the confusing to the uneducated folk like me.

Lenny HB Lenny, as above, this is the reason why I'm a bit confused with the whole price list-thing.

Thanks to all,

Andrew

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
This is often true of bigger vans because of this.

What a campsite owners tells you.

Yes Sir, 11m long, no problem sir, we have pitch number 12 for long motorhomes you'll easily fit on it.

What they don't tell you

You can only get on pitch 12 when pitches 6 and 7 opposite it are empty. If you do get on and subsequently pitches 6 and 7 get taken, you can't get off, you're staying as long as they are. :D

That's a very valid point Jim Jim and after all this thread is designed for the beginner level.

Morelo owners: Realistically though, and as per Jim's point above; can owning a Morelo be a hindrance sometimes on the continent due to its size/height or are you guys just so familiar with large MoHo's that it doesn't bother you.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
That's a very valid point Jim Jim and after all this thread is designed for the beginner level.

Morelo owners: Realistically though, and as per Jim's point above; can owning a Morelo be a hindrance sometimes on the continent due to its size/height or are you guys just so familiar with large MoHo's that it doesn't bother you.

As many people say if you can get a bus or delivery van down the road then most MoHo will go there.

The one thing I’m wary of is overhanging branches as I hate anything touching the side of the Moho.

I’m not a Morelo owner, don’t think I’ll ever get to those heady heights unfortunately.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
First of all, you would need to know how to pronounce the make. I know an owner who thinks there are two l's in the word. There aren't.
Regarding length: It will depend where you want to go. Anything over 8m tends to become more difficult to park, especially in Aires.
Height and width can also be a hindrance. Most SatNavs do not know about low-hanging trees. Commercial vehicles don't matter but your life-time savings will.
Liners only have one door. That can be an advantage but also a damn nuisance if you come to a halt on a ferry with a bulkhead right opposite and no wriggle-room back or forth. On balance, I'm quite happy with only the one, however.
Quality comes at a price but not in proportion. A Rolex will give you the time, just like a Timex. A Chinese SatNav will get you there, just as something a lot more expensive. By Morelo if you appreciate some of the finer things but recognise that the RiffRaff can have just as much fun in a beat-up Fiat.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back