sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Having had Revolut for a over 2 years now one of the features I and many put on the wish list has been added! You can now set a target conversion rate, the amount you want to convert and when it reaches the rate Revolut performs the transaction for you. So for example if you were watching the current Euro rate and decided that you would wait until the rate hit 1.16 to change £1000, you just set that, ensure you have a £1000 in your sterling Revolut account and sit back. If you used the alerts function it is now where that was/is only its now called actions. Click that and you have an option to set alerts or set exchange action.

Excellent in my view, unless you get enjoyment from logging into Revolut every hour!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Nice one ... do you think it'll ever convert if I set it at 1.30 though ... :rolleyes:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Six’ishhhhhhhh years ago when in Portugal, I was on €1.40 to the pound. :crying::crying:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
EasyFX have been doing like that for years Michael.
Interesting Paul, I have looked at their app and cannot see the facility listed, nor the basis of their exchange rate, sure they state no fees. Can you post me a link as I would be interested in a backup for Revolut. Thanks

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Interesting Paul, I have looked at their app and cannot see the facility listed, nor the basis of their exchange rate, sure they state no fees. Can you post me a link as I would be interested in a backup for Revolut. Thanks

Haven't a link Michael but I have an account used them to buy in April 2018 and could have set the rate so if if hit a certain figure they would buy them automatically.
Of course it's difficult to know what to do as if the rate then rises further you have lost out.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Both currencies direct, and hifx, let you set rate watches. Advantage is that you kerp the money until the rate is hit, rather than them trousering the interest (such that is these days,).

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Both currencies direct, and hifx, let you set rate watches. Advantage is that you kerp the money until the rate is hit, rather than them trousering the interest (such that is these days,).
You have been able to set rate alerts for some time, the new feature is a professional upgrade to that, and not to be confused.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just checked thd conversion rates for Euro on both:

Revolute: 1.1460
EasyFX: 1.1506​

I've just had a read-up about EasyFX and it has better 'cash withdrawal' terms than Revolut so I might look into it in more detail as the €200 cash withdrawal per month (ATMs abroad) is a bit low.

https://www.easyfx.com/card-fees

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990

I've just had a read-up about EasyFX and it has better 'cash withdrawal' terms than Revolut so I might look into it in more detail as the €200 cash withdrawal per month (ATMs abroad) is a bit low.

If that is today’s rate check again tomorrow as revolut is always lower at the weekend. To get around the €200 cash withdraw get two cards one each. Then you can get €400.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If that is today’s rate check again tomorrow as revolut is always lower at the weekend. To get around the €200 cash withdraw get two cards one each. Then you can get €400.
We already have a Revolut card each but being able to get an EasyFX one would mean access to more dosh if needed and, with it being another provider if there's an issue with one company the other will be available still.

Deleted User

At weekends Revolut does not update, try again tomorrow morning and the rates will be very similar.

Beaten to it:)

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
In fact the interbank rate is 1.1520 or so this weekend, which I would expect Revolut to be at Monday although as said Revolut chop a percentage off at weekends. Compare on Monday and give us your verdict.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Revolut is certainly very convenient, however I am concerned about how much intrusive knowledge it obtains about my spending. It sends me unsolicited messages regarding how much i spent on groceries and fuel each week....

Who or what organisations it it sharing this knowledge with???

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Who cares?

I don't.

Trump or Boris can listen into the conversations in your house via your smart phone if you are not careful.

They can certainly read all your emails... just ask Mr Putin. :whistle:

JJ :cool:

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Who cares?

I don't.

Trump or Boris can listen into the conversations in your house via your smart phone if you are not careful.

They can certainly read all your emails... just ask Mr Putin. :whistle:

JJ :cool:

It's not Donald or Vladimir that might spot I'm buying groceries in Benicassim or Diesel in Alicante that I'm cautious about. However my card is registered to a UK address, who else knows I'm not at home?

Revolut has it's banking license in Latvia or somewhere equally obscure.....

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Revolut is certainly very convenient, however I am concerned about how much intrusive knowledge it obtains about my spending. It sends me unsolicited messages regarding how much i spent on groceries and fuel each week....

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Revolut is at 1.1620 at the moment
Am I reading Revolut terms correctly where if you want a large transaction then they charge 0.5% on the full value so £500 on £100,000 purchase?

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
I have a smart watch that lets me know when to pay my rates to the council. It's not 100% accurate so I have to be alert to the dates. When I bought it the guy said it's a Rates watch that sends you alerts if your a bit dosey. I said it's a Rate Watch Watch for alert alerts thats highly rated ,I'll have one . I rate it highly.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Am I reading Revolut terms correctly where if you want a large transaction then they charge 0.5% on the full value so £500 on £100,000 purchase?
2 things to consider:

1. The transfer limit is £75,000 so £100,000 as is over that daily amount a third party would be doing the transfer and may take longer (not sure if additional charges are made).
2. You will pay 0.5% on top of the exchange rate if you are exchanging over £5,000, this 0.5% fee is deducted from the exchanged money balance.

What are the transfer limits?
If you're making a transfer in GBP to a beneficiary in the UK, there are daily and weekly limits. The daily limit is £75k combined, meaning that you cannot transfer more than £75k in or out of the account per 24 hours. The weekly limit is £125k combined.

If you attempt to make a transfer larger than this amount, we will re-route this transfer as it exceeds our limits and instead we will allow this transfer to be completed by another of our payment processors. Please note that in such cases your transfer might take a bit longer to arrive and will appear as from Revolut Ltd in your statement rather than from you. You can find the full transfer limit terms .

https://www.revolut.com/legal/fees

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
2 things to consider:

1. The transfer limit is £75,000 so £100,000 as is over that daily amount a third party would be doing the transfer and may take longer (not sure if additional charges are made).
2. You will pay 0.5% on top of the exchange rate if you are exchanging over £5,000, this 0.5% fee is deducted from the exchanged money balance.

What are the transfer limits?
If you're making a transfer in GBP to a beneficiary in the UK, there are daily and weekly limits. The daily limit is £75k combined, meaning that you cannot transfer more than £75k in or out of the account per 24 hours. The weekly limit is £125k combined.

If you attempt to make a transfer larger than this amount, we will re-route this transfer as it exceeds our limits and instead we will allow this transfer to be completed by another of our payment processors. Please note that in such cases your transfer might take a bit longer to arrive and will appear as from Revolut Ltd in your statement rather than from you. You can find the full transfer limit terms .

https://www.revolut.com/legal/fees
Many thanks - looking at live rates today I think there are better alternatives both rate and cost of transfer.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

I have some spare tin foil for a hat if you need it :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back