Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Double question
A eden project is it worth the £50 entrance fee and is this a bad time of year to visit it
B WILD camping spots around that general area TRuro lizard
Actually make that three questions
C What else to see in the area

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I had to check that price...:eek:

It was £5 for the year when I went there first...

The second time was to see a concert there with free entry to Eden and I think that was only about £25 all in !

If you are into your plants then yes it is worth it, it is a wonderful sight to see as well... plenty to see and do and the food hall is a good place to eat and drink... it is a fair walk all around it and in my experience it is better when it’s quiet so now would be a good time to go and if you pick a day with no rain all the better....

If I had friends or family staying I would encourage them to go... even though it £50 now but a full day out..

There are plenty of places to discreetly park up around the area which someone will no doubt give you but I know of no specific ones or look on google satellite maps for ideas.... plenty to see around Cornwall this time of year...

Just had a look on searchforsites and there are a few pubstops nearby...(y)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Look on the net for special offers. We've been a couple of times and never paid £50.A great day out.designated parking for motorhome last time we were there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Money saving expert on net has a deal on at the moment £25 Adult 13 for a child.But you can donate your ticket and get free entry for a year

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
£ 25 if you book in advance, Just turn up at the gate and it's £27. 40.

The Boi domes are interesting enough, IF, you have never seen a Rain Forest.
To be quite honest, I personally think it's a tad expensive. The Lost Gardens of Heligan., I found to be more interesting, but that's just me I suppose.

My favourite spots, and I generally go there 2-3 times a year, is Cape Cornwall & Pendeen Watch. On a stormy day, watching old Mother Nature smashing waves against the Cliffs, watching the spray 5 metres or so above the cliffs, or, on a calm day just to sit there and "contemplate your navel"

Haven't been there for 9 months or so, but I think the Car park at Mevagissey allows you to stay overnight can't remember for how much tho. The Car park at Tintagel allows overnight stays too.

The Car park at Kynance Cove , used to used to be a spot for wilding as long as you were out of there by 8 0'clock, but someone told me the NT has put up a Barrier.

Penzance (as you come into town), Falmouth(The Quarry Hill Car Park, follow the A39 into town, at the traffic lights, by the big wine shop, turn left, down the hill, just past ARGOS, opposite Iceland turn left , up the hill car park on your left in about 30 metres, there is a small hopper bus that will take you into town, but it's only a short walk) & Perranporth(the one behind the shops) all have M/H friendly car parks. Truro has 2 park and rides.

Hope this helps!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Look on the net for special offers. We've been a couple of times and never paid £50.A great day out.designated parking for motorhome last time we were there.

Adults X 2 @£25ea = £50

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
there is a layby on the main a3083 about 2 miles short of the lizard just past the ruan minor turn, its a busy road at rush hour times but pretty quiet otherwise
there is also one on the b3293 just after goonhilly just before the crossroads with the same traffic
there are a lot of decent laybys in cornwall out of season

i have also seen people overnighting at kennack sands beach but i like to be out of peoples way

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We went a couple of years ago to the Eden project, lovely weather and really loved it. We bought a one year pass, for me, and 1 guest. So we went in for three separate days to see it all instead of trying to cram in everything in one day. Not too sure of the cost, but I think it was around £49.

Craig

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back