Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (1 Viewer)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Happy birthday Jade, high five her from us too!
854A31C7-713B-4C02-8F16-E0365C7D1A13.jpeg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Has she got a new toy for her birthday ?
She did she got a new ball that you fill with treats and food and she has to roll it around to get the treats.
I'm about driven crazy with it already lol

She's also been trying to help me with a wee job for the camper but mostly getting in the way
20181215_142232.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Mum's been transferred now to the queen Margaret in dunfermline and is in a rehabilitation ward where she will now have to start moving.
Been there 2 days and so far has slept most of it , I spent 2 hours just trying to get her to wake up yesterday and gave up in the end.

She's the youngest in a room of 6 ladies, they all up and about one doesn't even have legs and is around 80 ...so hopefully they will help motivate her.

Time will tell.

I plan to head off on my next trip leaving here 15th January. I can't decide whether to go the chunnel and drive through France or to bite the bullet and take the economie from Portsmouth to Santander, chunnel is £130 and ferry would be £350 unless I can borrow a discount code

It would save on fuel and a few days driving so I'm unsure.

Plan to spend a month or 6 weeks around Spain then head up in to south France on to Italy...Greece, Croatia, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Austria, bavaria, Germany and possibly Switzerland.

That's just an idea I would like to do but at this time not sure if possible as all new territory to me and off course the brexit nonsense.

Worse case scenario I'll spend 6 months over there and come back.

Don't know yet

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Sounds like a good road trip Tam, happy travels.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Right without getting too much mentions of brexit cause I'm sick of it to be honest but I just wanna make sure I'm not gonna get in shit abroad.

I've read online about this new etsas form coming in to play 2021 etc but I saw something that said UK citizens would still be able to travel freely in Europe till the end of negotiation period 2020 so does that mean I should be okay for my up to 12 months trip?
I'm gonna be moving from country to country.
I know the current thing is 90 days , 183 days etc but let's face it I was away longer than that this year with no issues so I'm hoping it's gonna be the same. I guess the worst that could happen is I get sent home.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Not worth worrying about, if you ask me, but what do I know. But If you manage to let me know the name of the prison in Slovakia where you’re incarcerated for being an illegal immigrant, I’ll send you a cake with a file in it.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
And we’ll save up and send you a dingy and get a life boat to pick you up in the channel....(y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
She's also been trying to help me with a wee job for the camper but mostly getting in the way

Imagine how helpful 2 will be .:xlaugh::xThumb:

ferry would be £350 unless I can borrow a discount code
Ask on a seperate thread . plenty will offer you a code as they get a sub.
Don't forget thoough that Jade will need a kennel or cabin with you for a dog which usually get booked up the instant available.

etsas form coming in to play 2021 etc but I saw something that said UK citizens would still be able to travel freely in Europe till the end of negotiation period 2020 so
If it is a 'no deal' it will be required immediately by all accounts but I wouldn't worry .there will be 000's already out who won't have it. Anyway if it can be done online & sent on you can always pick it up from me or someone else.:xThumb:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Imagine how helpful 2 will be .:xlaugh::xThumb:

YEAH I CAN IMAGINE LOL

Ask on a seperate thread . plenty will offer you a code as they get a sub.
Don't forget thoough that Jade will need a kennel or cabin with you for a dog which usually get booked up the instant available.
SOMEONE HAS ALREADY KINDLY PM'D ME WITH A CODE IF I DECIDE ON FERRY , THE ECONOMIE APPARENTLY IS DOG FRIENDLY CABINS ALREADY. I THINK
If it is a 'no deal' it will be required immediately by all accounts but I wouldn't worry .there will be 000's already out who won't have it. Anyway if it can be done online & sent on you can always pick it up from me or someone else.:xThumb:

IM STILL HOPING FOLK GET SENSE AND THE WHOLE THING IS SHELVED....SHOUKD BE A SECOND VOTE ANYWAY THE LYING BASKETS.

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
If you want to be safe with dogs onboard book a return ticket for 28th march ( dunkirk or calais ) you can then use it or waste it £70-£80 i expect but at least you are prepared for worst case scenario.

I'm not prepared to get caught out and i dont know if it could be problems or not but i'm not going to take a chance and get caught with my pants down so i've covered worst case and now i have choices

Thinking of your mum at the worst time of the year for probs you and family have got

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Hi Tam,I meant to say yesterday, I hope your Mum is inspired to give life another try now she's in this new ward but I'm afraid she is the only one who can make that choice and she's had a long hard trip so far. My thoughts and best wishes are with you all.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If you want to be safe with dogs onboard book a return ticket for 28th march ( dunkirk or calais ) you can then use it or waste it £70-£80 i expect but at least you are prepared for worst case scenario.

I'm not prepared to get caught out and i dont know if it could be problems or not but i'm not going to take a chance and get caught with my pants down so i've covered worst case and now i have choices

Thinking of your mum at the worst time of the year for probs you and family have got

worry is like a rocking horse,,,gives you something to do, BUT gets you no where..It will never happen, get on with your life. we only have one. BUSBY:xrofl::xrofl:

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
Mum's been transferred now to the queen Margaret in dunfermline and is in a rehabilitation ward where she will now have to start moving.
Been there 2 days and so far has slept most of it , I spent 2 hours just trying to get her to wake up yesterday and gave up in the end.

She's the youngest in a room of 6 ladies, they all up and about one doesn't even have legs and is around 80 ...so hopefully they will help motivate her.

Time will tell.

I plan to head off on my next trip leaving here 15th January. I can't decide whether to go the chunnel and drive through France or to bite the bullet and take the economie from Portsmouth to Santander, chunnel is £130 and ferry would be £350 unless I can borrow a discount code

Plan to spend a month or 6 weeks around Spain then head up in to south France on to Italy...Greece, Croatia, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Austria, bavaria, Germany and possibly Switzerland.

That's just an idea I would like to do but at this time not sure if possible as all new territory to me and off course the brexit nonsense.

Don't know yet

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018

Time will tell.

Don't know yet

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
ooops!!!

love computers me!

Tam, i have had my dog passports for 6 weeks now.... and I thought I was already to roll up to ferry terminal and go.

2 days ago I had Inglis Vets on the phone to make an appt 4 days before we sail from Portsmouth,seamingly the 2

dogs need a further Health Check....maybe worth looking into...or if I remember,I will contact you after the

appointment and let you {and anybody else who needs to know about their fur babies} of any outcome.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

That's it leave the other million of us here to fend for ourselves!:xlaugh:

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
worry is like a rocking horse,,,gives you something to do, BUT gets you no where..It will never happen, get on with your life. we only have one. BUSBY:xrofl::xrofl:

That's it leave the other million of us here to fend for ourselves!:xlaugh:

Trust me shit happens when not prepared like it or not and for £70-£80 i'm prepared and couldn't give a toss what happens i've no worries either way

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hope it gives you mum the kick start she needs, I've not said much but been following the posts, really sympathise with you and she is not even old.

Happy birthday Jade, try not to lick too many people to death. :xgrin:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Trust me shit happens when not prepared like it or not and for £70-£80 i'm prepared and couldn't give a toss what happens i've no worries either way

Well i don't give a toss so shall save my money and carry on as usual..To bloody old to start worrying now,,never have,,,whatever will be, will be.BUSBY:xrofl:

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Well i don't give a toss so shall save my money and carry on as usual..To bloody old to start worrying now,,never have,,,whatever will be, will be.BUSBY:xrofl:
If i didn't have a dog with me it would be easy park up fly home to sort out if need be but i cant risk risk any probs purely for the dogs sake it is a tie and part of the family and that is why i am prepared for any outcome.

I dont have a crystal ball and can make my own decision but rather safe than sorry for the sake of £70-£80

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
ooops!!!

love computers me!

Tam, i have had my dog passports for 6 weeks now.... and I thought I was already to roll up to ferry terminal and go.

2 days ago I had Inglis Vets on the phone to make an appt 4 days before we sail from Portsmouth,seamingly the 2

dogs need a further Health Check....maybe worth looking into...or if I remember,I will contact you after the

appointment and let you {and anybody else who needs to know about their fur babies} of any outcome.
That will be for their worming tablets ...they have to be wormed within a five day window of crossing.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hope it gives you mum the kick start she needs, I've not said much but been following the posts, really sympathise with you and she is not even old.

Happy birthday Jade, try not to lick too many people to death. :xgrin:
Yep 74 is no age really and she was pretty active up till a few weeks before she went in to hospital ...not as much as last year but still walking and driving about

Taking jade in today at 2pm to visit mum and probably the rest of the ward lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back