Sat dish receiver? (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Our recently imported German Concorde has a dish on the roof and a Alphatronic tv.

We can only get German channels so do we need a receiver or something now to get English channels?

Cheers.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If its an automatic dish there should be a control box somewhere to select different satellites..... Its probably preset to Astra 1.

The TV is German and presumably has a built in sat receiver.
Have a look in the menus to see if there's any options there to select Astra 2 but the dish still has to lock on to Astra 2.

Even buying a new sat receiver won't do any good if the dish can't find Astra 2.

Actually, Astra 1 and 2 are in the same place so it's only a matter of selecting Astra 2 from the menus then retuning.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We have tried, it gets Astra 2 ok but however we reset or refund it we can only get German. Back to factory settings on the tv and choosing English doesn't work either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Actually, Astra 1 and 2 are in the same place so it's only a matter of selecting Astra 2 from the menus then retuning.
???
Astra 1 is located at 19 east
Astra 2 is located at 28 east
So the dish should move approx 10 degrees when selecting between 1 and 2...

We have tried, it gets Astra 2 ok but however we reset or refund it we can only get German. Back to factory settings on the tv and choosing English doesn't work either.
"it gets Astra 2 ok" - how do you know?are you getting all the uk channels?
If you are still getting German channels after selecting Astra 2 on the menu system, then the dish is not moving to Astra 2
IF you are getting UK channels, from Astra 2, but then "we reset or refund it" and lose them, then somewhere it is not saving the location correctly

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
And you have to install the new channels, your tuner doesn't know you have changed satellites, only the dish control box does. Select Astra 28 from the satellite list on the control and do an install on the tv. I have Alphotronic tv the software is designed to be the winner for the worst and most unfriendly, and unfortunately you will find the tuner is not very sensitive, so try to install in the UK on a nice clear windless day. Vorsprung durch technique.

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
You didn't need to do all that, all you needed to do was by an English TV. We store 5 in the garage. When we arrive on site we get the TV of the country were in so German in Germany Spanish in Spain French TV in France and a Bang and Olafson for when were in Norway (although that one also works in Sweden and Finland) it sounds a lot of faff but it means we never have to change the setting in different countries. Does up the payload somewhat though.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
You didn't need to do all that, all you needed to do was by an English TV. We store 5 in the garage. When we arrive on site we get the TV of the country were in so German in Germany Spanish in Spain French TV in France and a Bang and Olafson for when were in Norway (although that one also works in Sweden and Finland) it sounds a lot of faff but it means we never have to change the setting in different countries. Does up the payload somewhat though.[/QUOTE

Havnt you got room to take
actors, camera men, directors, and all crew and equipment to make your own programmes! Lol

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
And you have to install the new channels, your tuner doesn't know you have changed satellites, only the dish control box does. Select Astra 28 from the satellite list on the control and do an install on the tv. I have Alphotronic tv the software is designed to be the winner for the worst and most unfriendly, and unfortunately you will find the tuner is not very sensitive, so try to install in the UK on a nice clear windless day. Vorsprung durch technique.

Thankyou very much, we will try that.

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
We do do that but I didn't want to put it in the post cos it would look a bit like showing off. That's why I also didn't mention the jet pack and the auto gyro we carry, or the anvil so I can work on my wrought iron medieval swords while we're away. As my wife Charlotte Ramping said to me "don't put my name in the post they'll think your showing off again" so I'll just say " her in doors, nod nod wink wink" Must remember to pick my prescription for my delusional tablets up before we set off for Germany next week cos you can't get them there.

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
We do do that but I didn't want to put it in the post cos it would look a bit like showing off. That's why I also didn't mention the jet pack and the auto gyro we carry, or the anvil so I can work on my wrought iron medieval swords while we're away. As my wife Charlotte Ramping said to me "don't put my name in the post they'll think your showing off again" so I'll just say " her in doors, nod nod wink wink" Must remember to pick my prescription for my delusional tablets up before we set off for Germany next week cos you can't get them there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back