LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I dread getting old if this is what there is to look forward to.

I've noticed single beds seem really popular in motorhomes these days too and by far not just British conventions.

I think the fixed island double bed would be my ideal choice ...but it's relevant to the size of van then.

But even as a single man sod having a single bed

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
Single beds are great but doing the crocodile death roll after a fart just isn't the same.:D

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
single guy here, 1 x single bed, more space left for other stuff. :D

Planning my 7.5T conversion for either next year or year after...
My big debate with myself is should I go for a larger bed and if so, does my kitchen, bathroom or living area lose out. I am tempted to go single again and give myself an extra almost 1Mtr in the living area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
single guy here, 1 x single bed, more space left for other stuff. :D

Planning my 7.5T conversion for either next year or year after...
My big debate with myself is should I go for a larger bed and if so, does my kitchen, bathroom or living area lose out. I am tempted to go single again and give myself an extra almost 1Mtr in the living area.
... depends how 'lucky' you think you're going to be I suppose ... :D:love:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've got singles, in Pug and because of that at home now too.
What with Ralph's restless legs , fidgeting and snoring and my hot flushes !
We both sleep brilliantly because of them.
It doesn't stop any romance .
In fact all that's done on Ralph's bed, that way my beds all nice n "smooth" to get into :sneaky:;)

Plus we've both got totally different types of mattresses for preferred comfort.
Oooo ... romancing in a single bed ... I remember those courting days! :p

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Last two van we have had twin singles most popular layout in Europe. Nice big drop down bed at the front for frolics.

And what about the shower, discovered recently the two of us fit in together with room to spare.:)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
... depends how 'lucky' you think you're going to be I suppose ... :D:love:
On previous record probably not, unless you are referring to getting one extra in a multi-pack of crisps? That has happened before so who knows.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Last two van we have had twin singles most popular layout in Europe. Nice big drop down bed at the front for frolics.

And what about the shower, discovered recently the two of us fit in together with room to spare.:)
What room for a threesome ? I am shocked by your suggestion , I know some motorhome water tanks arent that big but you have to draw the line somewhere :LOL:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
At home a double bed, but if we had a choice it would be single in the van. The other half said it’s to much hassle and hard work making a double bed in the van a single would be a lot easier.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
We've got singles, in Pug and because of that at home now too.
What with Ralph's restless legs , fidgeting and snoring and my hot flushes !
We both sleep brilliantly because of them.
It doesn't stop any romance .
In fact all that's done on Ralph's bed, that way my beds all nice n "smooth" to get into :sneaky:;)

Plus we've both got totally different types of mattresses for preferred comfort.

Bev,
I'm told by higher authority that real women don't have hot flushes, they have Power Surges.

Single beds....the secret of a good night's sleep.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Twin beds for us, only design wanted, and we are only just turned 40.

Would prefer a double but only if it’s king size or bigger, an island bed, not a drop down, not a bed that requires making each night, oh and in motorhome that’s 7m or less.

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
Looking for our new MH one of our fixed criteria was a central island bed.
It's a Motorhome not a camping car so no compromise to comfort and what we like at home.
Sounds like the dealer trying to sell you what he has and not what you want.
Does always surprise me that the UK designers have so few central beds in their portfolio.
A lot of European manufactures have a total choice in the back of the van on all the range, easy to do.
It's travel world and they are selling what they instead of understanding your needs. Don't get me wrong we have two singles joined at the top ala continental vans but that's our choice. Travel world go to all the warner shoes, I was at Harrogate show and travel world we're there WITH A NOTICE ON EVERY SEAT ON ALL THIER VANS SAYING !!! DO NOT SIT HERE !!! so thier idea is buy a van for 70000 quid without having sat down in the lounge. They don't obviously but there is a very real reason they do it and it would make me wary of buying off them

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
We have a fixed in the rear and overcab double. I sleep up in my man cave while SWMBO has the fixed rear.

We both sleep perfectly well in our separate doubles, while either of us can sneak into the others bed if the "need arises";)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
We have a fixed in the rear and overcab double. I sleep up in my man cave while SWMBO has the fixed rear.

We both sleep perfectly well in our separate doubles, while either of us can sneak into the others bed if the "need arises";)
Nervous disposition eh ? :)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Yes I discovered recently you can get two in my shower too :p

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Sorry, but she can still hear me loud and clear. Fa%ting isnt as much fun as it used to be either.
We have single beds in our new Campscout and it was one of the reasons why we changed from our Familyscout which has a transverse double ... I simply can't be doing with clambering over hubby to get in/out of bed ... and he farts ... so at least with singles he'll only gas himself (it doesn't seem to both the dogs under the duvet!).

As for the snoring ... that's not going to be so easy to sort as at present I give him a prod when he snores loudly which I won't be able to do easily however I have a secret weapon which I intend to splat him with which he hasn't noticed .... yet ... :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back