I think I'm out of touch with pitch prices in this country..... (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Well
No it's not a bloody club. It might be called a club and there may be elements of it that are run broadly along those lines but the campsite operation is a private business run for profit.

They wouldn't give a stuff if you paid or not. Nobody is forcing you to buy their service. You can always go elsewhere.
Your wrong there,They advertise as a club so they must be.
I don't need telling to go elsewhere as I quite often do!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Well

Your wrong there,They advertise as a club so they must be

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

And of course that’s not just marketing is it?

No business would ever be creative about things like that in order to generate more sales would they?

Did you know they’ve removed the word gullible from the dictionary?

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
I’m staying at the Caravan Club site in Edinburgh, fabulous location, great facilities for only £13.50 per night, terrific value imo.

Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

And of course that’s not just marketing is it?

No business would ever be creative about things like that in order to generate more sales would they?

Moved to York apparently

Deleted User

Not gullible, just took the time to read the constitution and history of the Club.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/globalassets/pdfs/content/about-us/The-Club-and-how-it-works.pdf

From the Articles of Association:

"
Objects and powers
4. Objects

The Company's objects are:

4.1 to maintain and conduct a club for the benefit of the persons, including mobile caravanners and those connected with mobile caravanning, who are admitted to Club Membership in accordance with these Articles;

4.2 to encourage social interaction between such persons;

4.3 to promote caravanning generally; and

4.4 to carry out or promote leisure and travel related services and products, including but not limited to caravanning and related pursuits.

5. Powers

The Company has power to do anything which is calculated to further the Objects, or any of them, or is conducive or incidental to doing so.

Application, payment or distribution of the company's property and income and limited liability of voting members

6. Application of income and property

6.1 The income and property of the Company shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the Objects.

6.2 None of the income or property of the Company may be paid or transferred, directly or indirectly, by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise by way of profit to Club Members or Voting Members. This does not prevent a Voting Member who is not also a Director receiving:..............."

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/about-us/articles-of-association/

I have been a member of the CMC since inheriting a caravan from my Father in 1996, got the window sticker to prove it (don't display it though:)) I doubt that I have used club sites more than the number of years that I have been a member. I don't use them for holidays, I have always toured no matter what we slept in, and as far as I am concerned a site is somewhere to sleep etc not a holiday destination.

I can appreciate your dislike of sites and club sites in general but please do not insult members of this forum that are also members of the various clubs by inferring that we are gullible.

The CMC is a club run by a Limited Liability Company for the benefit of members, important those 2 words......

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Matamoros is obviously not gullible.

I was speaking to a friend who keeps a boat in UK the marina facilities are to a similar std as York caravan club site.
Interestingly the cost are similar although his boat is longer than a average campervan he pays £40 per day approx £15,000 per year and that does not include electric!
Glad we don 't use the campervan all year

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Horses for courses at the end of the day we are all free to vote with our feet. As a member of the Caravan and motorhome club I use their sites when it suits.

Currently in France and like many use a combination of aires and sites.

At the minute on an Asci site for a week with all the facilities and the ability to chill out, chairs and table out, barbecue, awning etc.

Next week will probably be on an air somewhere.

I do what I want when it suits me and do not like to criticise the habits of others.

What a boring world if we were all alike.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@busby
Sorry for the late reply but been travelling and not had internet connection.

Site was Camping Ahazar. Best avoided.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
@busby
Sorry for the late reply but been travelling and not had internet connection.

Site was Camping Ahazar. Best avoided.
We met up with some friends there a few weeks ago, I though I was going to wreck the van getting it off the pitch, we paid €19 a night way above our normal budget. Not a site I would return to, best avoided.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back