Owning a Motorhome and Dating Sites Don't Mix (4 Viewers)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Ha ha...yes I have plans for Easter...mind you I had plans for this weekend but got car trouble so had to change plans...now awaiting verdict on said car...earliest indications are drive shaft needs replacing....boo .boo!
“Drive shaft needs replacing...” Is that a euphemism?

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
It was to be a travel partner site. But the few desperate men who saw it as a dating site ruined what might have been. :rolleyes:

I’m not referring to your past attempt in which I was not involved - I’m referring to your message to me on October 28th. 2017 saying “I have something similar though in the pipeline, watch this space”

I think the few desperate men you mention who were involved last time might also take offence at what you are calling them?:)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Was it not a bit naive to think you could just set it up and let it take care of its self... you dont get something for nothing.

Not at all, I have done this before. You identify the need, provide the infrastructure get a few people on and leave them to it. I wasn’t expecting to get anything for nothing, I wasn’t expecting to get anything, except provide a site that some had asked for. However there are more than a few who see that type of site as a dating site and assume it gives them rights to pester people with private messages.

I know why I closed the site, it was certainly nothing to do with you, on the contrary your efforts along with others kept it going much longer than I’d have given it. It’s not an area I would get involved in again.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Well im surprised... cause i cant think of anything that would have given rise to complaints on that site at the time... as you say it hardly took off and for the money was never likely to... most of the posting was confined to people introducing themselves...
Was it not a bit naive to think you could just set it up and let it take care of its self... you dont get something for nothing... so to charge that sort of money and expect it for having to make no effort again seems naive to me..
Like i say im peed off at your reference to a few desperate blokes killing it...
I was one of the blokes who was trying to get the site off the ground for you... i may not have been the best choice in terms of my social skills:LOL:
But i always try to be friendly and polite...(y):D

Andy.

Oh nothing better than a good laugh on fun early on a Sunday morning. Ive had a right good giggle. (y)(y)(y) You are pd off @andy63 ..Well I have to say I find it very funny but disappointed that I didn't even get one proposition from the desperate men that I must have chatted to...All funsters:rofl: You all must think I've got balls LOL.

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
I tried internet dating early 2000's most of the men only only after one thing ! then out of the blue i had a contact from a chap , to cut story short after two weeks we meet up and hit it off straight away. Two years after that we married. We also brought a motorhome :) Sadly 4 years ago he passed away but we had the best 10 years we could have had together. I have since downsized the motorhome but would not even consider internet dating now, especially some of the stories you hear.
There are plenty of single ladies motorhoming i am sure you will meet the right one oneday. Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
A pal of mine had been seeing a lady for a couple of years, she bought an oldish motorhome and, as he had an interest in all things mechanical, he helped her get it roadworthy. A couple of weekends away went well, but a two week tour on the NC 500 finished off the relationship.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
A pal of mine had been seeing a lady for a couple of years, she bought an oldish motorhome and, as he had an interest in all things mechanical, he helped her get it roadworthy. A couple of weekends away went well, but a two week tour on the NC 500 finished off the relationship.

They must have decided to both fall in love with the stunning scenery instead,(y)

Shame though and I could take a guess at the weather being raining and confined to a small space didn't help.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

I’ve heard similar stories before. I think that, generally speaking, relationships have to be quite strong to survive Motorhome travel.

Deleted User
They must have decided to both fall in love with the stunning scenery instead,(y)

Shame though and I could take a guess at the weather being raining and confined to a small space didn't help.
Shouldn't that help in a new relationship :)

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
I met my chap online 8 years ago..and we are happy, although we only live together at weekends, just about to emigrate from Liverpool to Wales and move in permanently (we didn't want to rush things)..so that evil be a test!. Next step purchase a motorhome and plan to tour Scotland for at least 8 months...in for a penny! Hope we still speak to each other after that!!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I met my chap online 8 years ago..and we are happy, although we only live together at weekends, just about to emigrate from Liverpool to Wales and move in permanently (we didn't want to rush things)..so that evil be a test!. Next step purchase a motorhome and plan to tour Scotland for at least 8 months...in for a penny! Hope we still speak to each other after that!!
I hope your man doesn't see your thermals as passion killers. You will need them :LOL:

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Oh nothing better than a good laugh on fun early on a Sunday morning. Ive had a right good giggle. (y)(y)(y) You are pd off @andy63 ..Well I have to say I find it very funny but disappointed that I didn't even get one proposition from the desperate men that I must have chatted to...All funsters:rofl: You all must think I've got balls LOL.
It was the thought of having to part with a £1 a message :LOL:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Many years ago and on a different mh forum, a widower wrote to the MMM magazine asking for like-minded ladies to get in touch. The letter was published with his email address. He spent weeks travelling the length and breadth of the UK visiting some of the many ladies who wrote to him. He eventually found the new love of his life sitting on a bench looking at the sea in his home town.

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp

Hi sexy - what you doing later? :)

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
Must go now..and iron my thermals and sew on some sequins (tart them up a bit) he is on his way from Wales...battling the snow..seeing as I have car trouble...my proper milk tray man lol.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have something similar though in the pipeline, watch this space”

There is a need and I do have a couple of ideas, I know there are plenty of solo travellers who would like company on their travels. But I haven’t really found a way to separate the solo travelling from the perceived “dating” aspect and all the hassle that involves.

Jul 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Concorde 791RL
Exp
15 years
2914A918-E51B-4A7B-999E-AF19E8DDFE53.jpeg
c

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
@movan - I think we need the Coven in on this thread eh!! They will soon sort it out with a bit of Black magic and some White magic too I bet!! :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Many years ago and on a different mh forum, a widower wrote to the MMM magazine asking for like-minded ladies to get in touch. The letter was published with his email address. He spent weeks travelling the length and breadth of the UK visiting some of the many ladies who wrote to him. He eventually found the new love of his life sitting on a bench looking at the sea in his home town.
That's a lovely story Janine:)

I couldn't have put it better @Frankiej

I don't expect or have any plans to even try and find any else to share my life but I do enjoy being amongst like minded folks at the shows & meets and have made some great friends and shared lots of laughs (& tears).

My non motorhoming friends think I'm mad, they just can't see the attraction:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back