Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
hi, i am in southampton this evening then tomorrow i may go over to the isle of wight for the day or preferably stay on the coast in bournemouth if i can find a spot to wildcamp. does anyone know the area.

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
wild camp

as you go from southapton, go via lyndhurst, lymington head for keyhaven, great pub for meal, but follow coast to the start of walk to hurst castlel it says 6tf 6 wide max, i take our boxer, autocruise , same size as auto sleeper talisman, long layby near little footbridge, have stayed there many times, you will get woken up by ramblers setting off, then via new milton into bournmouth, enjoy :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You can park overnight for £4 in the Thistle Hotel Car Park on Poole Quay, pay the attendant in the morning.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
as you go from southapton, go via lyndhurst, lymington head for keyhaven, great pub for meal, but follow coast to the start of walk to hurst castlel it says 6tf 6 wide max, i take our boxer, autocruise , same size as auto sleeper talisman, long layby near little footbridge, have stayed there many times, you will get woken up by ramblers setting off, then via new milton into bournmouth, enjoy :thumb:

I concur, we used to stay at Carringtons with the MCC (Last field on the right before the bend at the bottom ) and then walk along around there.

Brian

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
i live a two minute walk from poole quay and i never knew that!

thanks for the info

I know the feeling, I lived in Bournemouth for 59 years and havent a clue where any Wild camping could be risked, subsidised or not. With the amount of late night clubs around Bournemouth & poole it would be safer out in the New Forest area.

Brian

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
we stayed overnight at Thistle Hotel, receptionist charged us £8 for the night and arrived around 8pm, we were told that we needed to leave in the morning as the £8 did not cover all day.
Think £4 was for parking in the day

Euromobil

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2010
just be careful if you choose the Keyhaven option, on very high tides sea covers the road, might be better to go round the corner where it's higher, or take wellies!!!!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
we stayed overnight at Thistle Hotel, receptionist charged us £8 for the night and arrived around 8pm, we were told that we needed to leave in the morning as the £8 did not cover all day.
Think £4 was for parking in the day

The answer is NOT to go in the hotel, just park up wait until the morning and pay the car park attendant in the hut!

THere is a smaller car park behind the hut, entrance on the exit road on right.

Peter

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
just to let people know to find this wild camping car park you need to go past "The Gunn" public house opposite the pay & display car park to the sign post "6ft 6 wide" which is on Saltgrass lane,long narrow lane, took us a while to find the correct wild camping area.
thanks

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
west over cliff drive, twenty min walk to peir / town center. No parking restrictions over looks the beach, short walk down path to harvester for food.
drive past BIC on main road towards poole, look for durley chine car park,
turn left into west over cliff, dont go into carpark, follow road untill it starts to go backaround away from coast, park on side by grassed area no problems hear.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
west over cliff drive, twenty min walk to peir / town center. No parking restrictions over looks the beach, short walk down path to harvester for food.
drive past BIC on main road towards poole, look for durley chine car park,
turn left into west over cliff, dont go into carpark, follow road untill it starts to go backaround away from coast, park on side by grassed area no problems hear.

Careful on West Overcliff. Information I have received is that there are signs saying "Cars and motorcycles only. No camping, cooking or overnight parking". See Here.

The parking manager at Bournemouth has some sympathy with the problems of motorhome parking, especially during the day. It would be a pity if the council were to receive complaints about people ignoring restrictions as that might lead to a hardening of attitudes and policy change. It has happened elsewhere that such behaviour has led to complete bans on motorhomes.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back