Interesting - why German MHs don't have proper ovens. (1 Viewer)

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I was always told that the reason German vans don't have oven is that they are made for the tourist market and German tourists make coffee and take breakfast in their vans and then eat out for the rest of the time.

Is this an urban van myth?

Cooking is my passion and I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. My kitchen is a two gas ring hob and although I manage I'd dearly love an oven. I travelled for two years with the Colman camping oven but left I behind last time as it's a bit cumbersome and a bit of an accident zone (as all the burn marks on my arms will testify).

Anyway, accidents or not, it's coming with me next time. If you see me stop me and ask me for cake!

Reactions: BwB
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I was always told that the reason German vans don't have oven is that they are made for the tourist market and German tourists make coffee and take breakfast in their vans and then eat out for the rest of the time.

Is this an urban van myth?
An outdated myth methinks. Lots of German full timers or at least overwinterers. In my experience they do not eat out all the time. However they do tend to head for warmer climates and live outside of the moho more.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Wouldn't have a van without an oven. Sunday roast just not the same in a pub or restaurant.

Dave

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Then invest £5 or so for a hob top gizmo that makes it. Ours works fine and is very quick. Better than any overhead grill I have ever tried to use in the moho or at home.
Then I shall be looking out for this gizmo and follow your sound advice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back