I'll show you mine, if you show us yours (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Gardens I am talking about:LOL:

I can't think of anything that is less compatible with the motorhome lifestyle than gardening, you just get it all sorted and looking OK and then you go away for a few weeks/months just to have to come back and start all over again, OK @Popeye and others have staff for these menial tasks and they can keep it nice all year round but some of us have to DIY.

Anyway I think our is looking OK at the moment so I will start it off with a few pictures, so why not post some of your own(y)

IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Oh I've gone all green .. not for being a gardener .. with being envious!! How beautiful.

Come on Joy you put some pictures on a few weeks back and your's looked lovely.

Martin

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Love the Dove Coat, Irises, looks really peaceful . :)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Love nice gardens, hate gardening, in heavy clay anyway. will not be posting photos of the wildlife sanctuary we have.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
From your absolutely sublime garden to our absolutely ridiculously overgrown garden.
We got home yesterday after over 3 weeks away and we've obviously had perfect growing weather. Even the flowerpots have disappeared in a mound of weeds!
I've managed to mow the lawn today - will tackle the rest of it another day :)
P1020168.JPG

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Stunning. Bet you dont get to far looking after that little lot.
To be fair we don't do flowers and all the open ground has bark chippings on to keep the weeds down, the lawn is watered with beer so it come up half cut;) so all in its fairly easy maintenance. the only problem is we have Tomatoes, Cucumbers,Peppers, Lettuce etc in the greenhouse and then peas and beans etc in the ground as well as the fruit trees and bushes so we don't want to miss too much of that, we good neighbours though who will water every now and then and eat any strawberries that are ready:LOL:

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Love nice gardens, hate gardening, in heavy clay anyway. will not be posting photos of the wildlife sanctuary we have.
Oh go on, pictures of the wildlife will do, a week ago we had three Pheasant chick in the garden with Mum but then the b----y cat from down the road came in and they are no more I fear.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
From your absolutely sublime garden to our absolutely ridiculously overgrown garden.
We got home yesterday after over 3 weeks away and we've obviously had perfect growing weather. Even the flowerpots have disappeared in a mound of weeds!
I've managed to mow the lawn today - will tackle the rest of it another day :)
View attachment 165472
You will soon have it "ship shape" and ready to go away again.

Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Great garden Martin
Got any chickens?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We had a big lush garden at our last house. Although it was beautiful ( not as much as yours though! ) it took a lot of looking after.
When we moved to a bigger house smaller garden , we decked, patioed ,mulched , hard standed and gravelled ! Even though we leave the two remaining kids at home , they wouldnt see to planted pots , bedding plants hanging baskets or greenhouses . So we have minimalistic now !
We've been away since Friday till tomorrow tea time this weekend . Not long but it's been hot. Busters ( dog) burnt his belly bless him. We know to put block on him next time.
If we still had all the lovely plants ,bedding , and greenhouse. It would all be dead when we got home. The lads have all on washing up and making sure it's hoovered etc !

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We had a big lush garden at our last house. Although it was beautiful ( not as much as yours though! ) it took a lot of looking after.
When we moved to a bigger house smaller garden , we decked, patioed ,mulched , hard standed and gravelled ! Even though we leave the two remaining kids at home , they wouldnt see to planted pots , bedding plants hanging baskets or greenhouses . So we have minimalistic now !
We've been away since Friday till tomorrow tea time this weekend . Not long but it's been hot. Busters ( dog) burnt his belly bless him. We know to put block on him next time.
If we still had all the lovely plants ,bedding , and greenhouse. It would all be dead when we got home. The lads have all on washing up and making sure it's hoovered etc !
The like wasn't for Busters burnt belly;)

Martin

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
It
The like wasn't for Busters burnt belly;)

Martin
Its black , bless him . He's 9 soon and he's never burnt it before ! Wouldn't have thought it was that hot

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I 'm with you. Absolutely hate it.Bad enough having to pick olives every year. We are fortunate in having non-green fingers & helpfully , even what people class as weeds like mint etc, we can kill. We go in any garden centre & you can see the flowers visibly wilt in the hope we won't choose them to be planted & die.:D2
This is all I have of ours so far this year, its a difficult to manage garden on the moorland. Hardly anything bleeding grows apart from heather. The grouse love the garden though.

View attachment 165476 View attachment 165476 View attachment 165480

that's lovely. My sort of garden.:LOL:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As I was fed up of coming back home and having to spend a week tidying up/cutting back and weeding after every holiday, last year I put weed suppressant membrane/old carpeting/curtains on our beds and covered it all in large chippings in the 'inner garden' and bark mulch on the rest ... not a massive amount of weeding to do now but it hasn't reduce the workload much as I still have to cut back the massive amount of growth that some of the plants have put on and although the weeding is a lot less this has been replaced by a year round chore of sweeping the mulch back onto the beds where the birds have raked it off! :doh:

Also since Tazzy 'discovered' frogs on our last holiday I've had to make the pond even more 'dog proof' than it was before so she isn't tempted to try to go to close and fall in trying to find them! :rolleyes:

Gonna have to be really ruthless with some of the stuff in the garden as I'm fed up of having to keep working on it, the conifers at the end of the garden are probably gonna go, or at least get cut down a lot more to make the job of trimming them easier and I've got a large holly tree that desperately needs a good thinning ... might get our 'garden buddy' Danny in to do some of it though as I don't want to knacker my hands up again! :(

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I do fancy one like that every now and again Andy, wanna swap.

Martin
Yes please lol....
Still can't believe you can have a garden like that without spending all your time in it...

I'm not a Gardner but I do mum and dads each time I visit...
Mow the lawn cut the hedge weed the flower beds etc... then I get a bollocking for doing something wrong...
I did scalp the lawn once with the mower set too low.... never been allowed to forget it..:LOL:
Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back