Lost husband, dog & motorhome (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Have I got that wrong ? Memory is not what it was. Did he lose his waiter to a Spanish wife ? I do know it kept the wimmin talking 50 to the dozen for ages. Did he have a face lift ?
You'd be better asking someone who knows for sure Brian. :doh:

Jock. ;)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I only did it the once. We had been arguing about some point or other. It was about 2.00 am. I was lying in bed thinking 'I have had enough', got up and dressed, took the boat keys and my wallet, and walked out.

Just remember never to do that when you're already on the boat. :)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
That man's got guts and I envy him, taking off and leaving the wife at home? What a guy!
He must be bloody good because he's just bought a bottle of wine (even if it is blue nun) from the ice cream van!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Our eldest had a troubled time in her teens. One of the regular arguments in the house was about all the rubbish she just left around everywhere.

Anyway, one day when she was 17 it all came to a head and she walked out on us. She took up residence with a single friend in the next village who'd had a baby too early and had been given the proverbial council house as a reward. We bit our tongues and let her go - there's not much you can do about it when they're 16 or over.

A few weeks later we got a very meek phone call asking for us to take her home. I drove round and found her sitting in front of her friend's house with all her belongings in shopping bags. I didn't discuss it - she got in the car and I took her back home.

Not long afterwards we found out that her friend had chucked her out because of all the rubbish she just left around everywhere.

She never ran away from home again. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
In which case get him to pay the going rate for his 'digs' ... once he's in the bit wide world again he'll get a nasty shock if you don't get him used to it now ... if you feel 'guilty' about it you could secretly save it up for him and give him it as a moving out present ....

Thats what we did with our son. Saved it all up for him, never said a word till he moved out. (y)

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
It's been a close thing for the last year or so, homeless daughter with partner, 3 grandchildren, two dogs and four cats have been living with us.

Inch'Alah they move out in two weeks.

If not, well.................

I/We thought, maybe we could live together. They lived in Scotland and we missed them, being so far away we did not see them often enough. But the reality is when it comes to 24/7 together they are strangers with their own strange ways. Very strange to us olde fartes. Is it THAT hard to turn a light off ? Does it take THAT long to have a shower EVERY day ? That shoe I just tripped over, it has a proper home. And so on, it will be so much better when they a 3 miles away. Two weeks and counting.

I feel your pain, after over a year of them living with us, Cindy's son and his 2 young offspring moved out to their own abode the weekend before Christmas. :Grin:

In my opinion, this was arguably a Christmas miracle. ;)

And there was much rejoicing! :)

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Ohh dont I know it.

Long story short our son "returned" home to us around a year or so ago, he's 26.
Hopefully he will be gone around 6 months time.
I fail to see why he needs to spend half an hour in a shower and have so many electrical items on at one time.
And relax :)
Sounds familiar, it must be something in the water(y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I feel your pain, after over a year of them living with us...............

Little did we know, chatting at Donnington, how similar our lives were at the time.

I'm surprised how many "me too" posts on the subject. These really are terrible times for many, wages are low, expectations are high force fed by the adverts, no wonder some of our kids can't make it alone.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
I've moved one hour away from youngest and her boyfriend and 40 minutes away from eldest and boyfriend, seeing them at the moment about once or twice a month but missing them terribly when we were 20 and 15 mins away and they would drop in regularly on their way back from work for food or washing.:(

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
An interesting thread.

When we first moved to France in 2003 we were informed that one of the main reasons for Brits going back was the wife's insistence on being close to children/grandchildren.

My reaction? If my wife prefers to be nearer to her children etc rather than wanting to be here with me I would happily help her to pack and even drive her to the airport.

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
An interesting thread.

When we first moved to France in 2003 we were informed that one of the main reasons for Brits going back was the wife's insistence on being close to children/grandchildren.

My reaction? If my wife prefers to be nearer to her children etc rather than wanting to be here with me I would happily help her to pack and even drive her to the airport.
Nicely put (and agreed with --by many) and the kids visiting for food /do their washing? Isnt that a bit cheeky ?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
You lot will be grateful when those children you need evacuated from you home at present are choosing your old peoples home in the future. Be kind folks, winter is coming.

Don't think our kids will be choosing nursing homes for us.
I dont intend for there to be sufficient funds left so it will be what ever the local authority have :)

@hilldweller nothing wrong having high expectations so long as it goes along with a realisation that you can't have it all and there is a price to pay.

No matter how you try to steer you offspring in the right direction they all seem to think they know better and a time comes when you just have to let them get on with it :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I once left home when I was married.... I left early in the morning and didn't go back till lunchtime the following day. He didn't even realise I'd been gone. :(

The number of times I stopped speaking to him and he didn't even realise I'd fallen out with him!! Huh .men. ...

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I once left home when I was married.... I left early in the morning and didn't go back till lunchtime the following day. He didn't even realise I'd been gone. :(

The number of times I stopped speaking to him and he didn't even realise I'd fallen out with him!! Huh .men. ...

This is because us blokes don't understand the complexity of women and probably never will :)

The number of times I've asked SWMBO whats wrong and the reply is you should know, what am I some kind of mind reader :rolleyes:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I keep threatening to leave Maureen in a Layby, but I know if I do , some interfering bugger will bring her back:hugs:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
@hilldweller nothing wrong having high expectations so long as it goes along with a realisation that you can't have it all and there is a price to pay.

But therein lies The Big Problem. We are in the age of "It's My Right".

I can't go to school in Tesco's trainers they will laugh at me.

I've got to have a boob job, everybody laughs at me.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
But therein lies The Big Problem. We are in the age of "It's My Right".

I can't go to school in Tesco's trainers they will laugh at me.

I've got to have a boob job, everybody laughs at me.

Couldn't agree more, but until more parents set their kids straight early on nothing will change.

Three generations back and previous ones knew the meaning of thrift and budget. There were still some that had the devil may care attitude but generally you saved up to buy things.

Im not saying I want to go back to those times as they were bloody hard but it would be an eye opener for some of the roof today.
They have been fed the line since school about everyone is a winner and its an all inclusive world. Until that changes we are in the sh*t up to our necks.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
They have been fed the line since school about everyone is a winner and its an all inclusive world.

The biggest con is University. Thousands of kids went to technical colleges, got useful skills and supported themselves. Then they all morphed into Unis, now the same kids are thinking "I'm uni educated, the world is my oyster".

Now we have skilled craftsmen from Poland, doing a grand job, and bewildered kids wondering why a degree in Coronation Street is not delivering the easy life.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
This is because us blokes don't understand the complexity of women and probably never will :)

The number of times I've asked SWMBO whats wrong and the reply is you should know, what am I some kind of mind reader :rolleyes:

I am "advised" that it is something that should suddenly impart itself to a man, Just after the Famous words "I do"??.:D2 It didn't work with me either!.:whistle::whistle:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I had a couple of friends who just announced the house was sold and they were moving into a one bedroom flat, end of story.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The biggest con is University. Thousands of kids went to technical colleges, got useful skills and supported themselves. Then they all morphed into Unis, now the same kids are thinking "I'm uni educated, the world is my oyster".

Now we have skilled craftsmen from Poland, doing a grand job, and bewildered kids wondering why a degree in Coronation Street is not delivering the easy life.

You just hit the nail on the head(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back