Hobby Owners Club membership? (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Morning all,
I know there are a few fellow Hobby owners out there but has anyone joined the Hobby Owners Club? Just been browsing their website and wondering whether the joining fee would be a worthwhile investment. We would like to replace the gas locker vent on our MH and I'm finding it difficult to source. Through an Internet search a page came up from their forum indicating they may have a contact for spares. The joining fee is a hefty £25, so I was wondering whether anyone else had joined and if so whether they had any comments. Mr JACQ quite likes they thought of meeting up with other Hobby owners and I see they do have rallies through the year. If you are members or have joined previously what was your verdict??

Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
Seems like a rip off price to me. I joined the Facebook forum for Hobby owners but seems like they are all tuggers. I have had the gas locker vent replaced under warranty on ours because it yellowed off. Still have that one if it's any good to you.
07780 668816 is the mobile for the UK Hobby rep, John HINDLE, but service in the UK bears no resemblance to Europe.

Last edited:

Lindacarole

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta Van
Exp
Now a year !
We have not bothered to join, not sure what it gives you ? Im sure if you ring hobby uk they would help you source the part you need
LC

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JACQ
Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Thanks for your replies, and for the contact details, which are very useful @Traveller_HA5_3DOM
I'll have a browse on Facebook too, to see if I can find the group. Not sure if it would be the same vent, as our van is 2006 Hobby 750 ELC, and yours looks much newer? If it's the right one though, we'd be really happy to purchase it from you. Would you be able to post a photo of it with dimensions, and then we could see if it's the same one? I agree £25 is a hefty price to join, which is why I thought I'd get some opinions. It's always very gratifying to post something on here and always get helpful replies! Good old Motorhomefun!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We have a Hobby van and love it.
We haven't joined a separate Hobby club as all the help and advice would be gained from here if we needed it.

Apr 29, 2014
Funster No
Hi All:)
We've been members for 7 years, over those years we have saved hundreds of pounds through the expert knowledge & advice from our fellow members, if you buy a new Hobby the dealership pays for the joining fee & it's £10 per year after that.
We have made & met some amazing kind people who have become friends along the way, the meets/rallies are great fun where you can dip in & out of the social activities, which can become very social!!!
Our next meet is at Warwick Race course for the UkeFest on Fri 8th & Sat 9th July, great fun, check it out.
http://warwick.thejockeyclub.co.uk/events-tickets/whats-on/ukelele-festival
(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hi All:)
We've been members for 7 years, over those years we have saved hundreds of pounds through the expert knowledge & advice from our fellow members, if you buy a new Hobby the dealership pays for the joining fee & it's £10 per year after that.
We have made & met some amazing kind people who have become friends along the way, the meets/rallies are great fun where you can dip in & out of the social activities, which can become very social!!!
Our next meet is at Warwick Race course for the UkeFest on Fri 8th & Sat 9th July, great fun, check it out.
http://warwick.thejockeyclub.co.uk/events-tickets/whats-on/ukelele-festival
(y)
Did you have a meet near Ambleside over the weekend, seen a lot of Hobby Vans on our way to Langdale Campsite BTW my dealer never mentioned the group to us, let alone pay for it(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back