What is your most annoying "on site" thing? (1 Viewer)

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Being told by the C& CC that you can only book a site for a minimum No. of Days. Tried to book at Moffat C&CC for the New Year, and had to book for a minimum of 3 Days. Total Rip off Britain springs to mind again. Does a Hotel tell you, that you have to book for a minimum No. of Days?, no. Needless to say, I didn't book it. What is wrong with this Country??? Oh, and Merry Christmas one and all :xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile:

Plenty of hotels in The Lakes have minimum stays, especially if it's around a weekend :xsad:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We were on a site in the Peak District in our brand spanking and grotesquely shiny Duetto many, many years ago. We'd settled in and were having a cuppa when Margaret nudged me and said 'look at him'...............there was a bloke of indeterminate age walking round the van talking to himself...................... I got out (sliding the door really really quietly for those of a sensitive nature) and looked at him without saying a word................ On seeing me he said 'Very flash but does it do the job that's what I'd like to know.' I replied 'No it really, really doesn't want to sell your caravan?' He was about to reply when we both heard Margaret cough half her a cuppa over the worktop and the van shaking with her laughter and he went off chuntering 'about some people'.
So my personal choice for annoying things is site know-alls and general busybodies.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Being told by the C& CC that you can only book a site for a minimum No. of Days. Tried to book at Moffat C&CC for the New Year, and had to book for a minimum of 3 Days. Total Rip off Britain springs to mind again. Does a Hotel tell you, that you have to book for a minimum No. of Days?, no. Needless to say, I didn't book it. What is wrong with this Country??? Oh, and Merry Christmas one and all :xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile::xsmile:
Seems quite reasonable to me! If it is a busy time of year for them, which being in Jockland I guess it is, they want to ensure the site is used to the full. They may be called a club but they are a business.
You won't find many hotels who don't do the same thing over the new year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Seems quite reasonable to me! If it is a busy time of year for them, which being in Jockland I guess it is, they want to ensure the site is used to the full. They may be called a club but they are a business.
You won't find many hotels who don't do the same thing over the new year.

That annoys me.. 'clubs' that aren't clubs..

But maybe this is the wrong thread for that...

Aug 19, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
since 2010
Reading this thread, it appears lots of people are annoyed by others 'walking across' their pitch - I' just wondering how people define their 'pitch'? I once walked my dog between 2 vans, at a rally, where the field was previously occupied by livestock, and so had 'detritus' already. My dog urinated, not remotely near either of the vans- we were as equidistant, in the middle of the two vans, as I could judge. One van owner deeply unhappy, and shouted at me. Later that day he/they bought a very nice mat for their van exterior, and laid it out. For me, that confirmed that I was no where near their pitch... So, we apparently get territorial, but how far does our 'territory' extend?

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
We were on a site in the Peak District in our brand spanking and grotesquely shiny Duetto many, many years ago. We'd settled in and were having a cuppa when Margaret nudged me and said 'look at him'...............there was a bloke of indeterminate age walking round the van talking to himself...................... I got out (sliding the door really really quietly for those of a sensitive nature) and looked at him without saying a word................ On seeing me he said 'Very flash but does it do the job that's what I'd like to know.' I replied 'No it really, really doesn't want to sell your caravan?' He was about to reply when we both heard Margaret cough half her a cuppa over the worktop and the van shaking with her laughter and he went off chuntering 'about some people'.
So my personal choice for annoying things is site know-alls and general busybodies.
How did tootles know where you were Bertie

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We have a plan when were on a busy site, we make it our mission to be the noisiest, nastiest, most anti social bersterds on the place, we got the idea from Bertie and Toots, it seems to work for them.:LOL:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
We have a plan when were on a busy site, we make it our mission to be the noisiest, nastiest, most anti social bersterds on the place, we got the idea from Bertie and Toots, it seems to work for them.:LOL:
Well, your certainly getting enough practice in on here...............................:)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Oh yes, bottom end of the site and no-one anywhere near us..............bliss!:D Even the wardens say nowt when we're parked central to the peg, barstewards!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Hahahahahaha , it's because you two are such good teachers :rofl:
OK, so now you can be Inspector Lestrade of Scotland Yard, and Join Watson and myself in our spiffing detection adventures. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back