LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I have done the same however Camino did say she would update me on any future sims that were marketed with anywhere roaming.😊
Camino tbf has been ok, it’s very clear that departments at Tiekom simply do not talk to each other hence the contradicting and confusing emails.

So with that, the lack of roaming, the emails threatening to cut me off if I didn’t pay double, the promise of 300gb data for march and cutting me off after using only 170gb has told me to steer clear in the future 😱😢

I’ve emailed this morning asking why i'm cut off with as yet no reply so they’ve had there chance with me now tbh 😡

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Sorry only just found this.

Do you know if you need to be a resident in Spain to obtain the Yoigo sim?
Not to my knowledge a passport should do
Is this a 12 month contract rather than monthly like Tiekom?
Yes it is but 'without permanence' so you can cancel at any time

Also, is your's unlimited usage in EU and able to be put in our motorhome router?
no it is restricted toi the amount that is allowed under the eu directive which for us is 23Gb

and able to be put in our motorhome router?
it is in our dat sim router we use at home & we just take the whole lot with us.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
So just for info

i’ve had my Tiekom sim approx 6 weeks from mid Feb

I was asked to pay my first invoice for €58 which i did immediately mid Feb

Then March 1st I was asked to pay another invoice for €68 🤔, so asked Camino why?

This started a barrage of emails between her and Jose in admin and took close to 25 emails back n forth to agree i’d already paid

Then the contract was broken by Tiekom when they announced no roaming of 300gb but they would honour me receiving 300gb for the month of march, phew!! at least i’d get that so I asked them to cancel from March 31st which they agreed to do

My sim card has been cancelled since monday 27th so 5 days early so i’ve given up and will never deal with Tiekom again 😡
Had a similar problem with tiekom. Charged me full 39e to put sim on hold then charged 39e again 2 weeks later to turn back on. Not good. Just cancelled DD and wouldn't use again.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Had a similar problem with tiekom. Charged me full 39e to put sim on hold then charged 39e again 2 weeks later to turn back on. Not good. Just cancelled DD and wouldn't use again.

I have to say Peter my experience with Tiekom has been appalling to say the least, crap service, first 2 sims just would not work at all and they had the audacity to charge me delivery and a monthly fee for them which I paid.

Then the 3rd sim worked ok before they cut it off and they wanted to charge me again 🤔, just crap service from day 1😟

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Cantaloupe

Free Member
Mar 30, 2023
Funster No
MH
Self build Relay
I have tried Holafly on a 5 day unlimited package. They are throttling above 3Gb per day usage and are thoroughly useless on their customer support, blaming the local networks (who were fine with Tiekom.) Up to 3Gb the speed was good. I do NOT recommend them.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Hi everyone :)

It's a sad thing with Tiekom. I just found out today that we've lost the service. I always found it very reliable and had great service through Camino.

For those of you travelling in France and needing lots of data, the best available (I think) without a contract is Reglo Mobile. The SIMs are available from L'Eclerc supermarkets. Please note, you will need your passport to buy one. The best deal for data is €19.95 per month for 150gb. You can service your SIM easily online to downgrade/upgrade as you wish. You can view the deal here;

Broken Link Removed

I hope this helps :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back