Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have been sent a StopMyEngine Anti-Theft Device to review. Essentially this £150 bit of kit promises to disable the engine if it ever moves out of bluetooth range of your phone. I believe it has built in systems to give you control if you forget, lose or break your phone.

If anyone would like to install this product and then give us all a review I will send it to you. It was discussed on the forum here a little while ago. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/motorhome-security.283128/

If you are interested in fitting this to your van, I can get it to you. It's yours to keep. Remember though, its not a complete freebie/giveaway, you need to properly review it. Good or bad the objective and comprehensive review needs to be posted here.

Send me a PM, if more than one of you want it we'll devise a suitable way to choose one of you.

Cheers (y)

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I’ll gladly fit and review, assuming fitment is fairly straight forward and does not involve butchering the wiring loom 👍

Reactions: Jim

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
As above I’d be happy to try it and review as long as it’s an easy DIY fit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I'm not familiar with the product, but if it's relying on your phones Bluetooth, I could see potential problems.
I assume the manufacturer has thought of these and built in safeguards 😃

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I'm up for a challenge and a review. Please include me in the ' I want one list' 😁

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I would happily fit it and review the product and have the qualifications to carry out a professional style install, although now retired. Would include a warts and all review of the build quality

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
An interesting device, in that it takes the idea of a kill switch to a new level using modern technology. I particularly like the delayed kill on signal loss. The simple override function and horn trigger is excellent too

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I would happily fit it and review the product and have the qualifications to carry out a professional style install, although now retired. Would include a warts and all review of the build quality

Yes, the same as you, my business before I retired was restoring classic cars and historic race cars and as such, I have made from scratch and fitted many a wiring loom that has been unavailable for donkey's years.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I'll take it. I'll sell it on eBay and we can share the proceeds.
I won't hold my breath :LOL:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I’ll gladly fit and review, assuming fitment is fairly straight forward and does not involve butchering the wiring loom 👍

Hi, as you were the first to apply I can send it to you as long as you promise to come back and let us know how you are getting on with it. Message me your address.

Couple of caveats, you should contact stop my engine www.bikeangel.co.uk and satisfy yourself that it is legal to fit such a device and you should probably tell your insurance company that it is fitted.

I hope it works out, its a reasonbably priced bit of kit that appears easy DIY fit, could be a very useful device. Looking forward to hear what you think about it (y)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Does it have a facility to switch off when the vehicle is in for service? Or does the phone have to stay with it?

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, as you were the first to apply I can send it to you as long as you promise to come back and let us know how you are getting on with it. Message me your address.

Couple of caveats, you should contact stop my engine www.bikeangel.co.uk and satisfy yourself that it is legal to fit such a device and you should probably tell your insurance company that it is fitted.

I hope it works out, its a reasonbably priced bit of kit that appears easy DIY fit, could be a very useful device. Looking forward to hear what you think about it (y)
Just sent you my address 👍

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
An interesting device, in that it takes the idea of a kill switch to a new level using modern technology. I particularly like the delayed kill on signal loss. The simple override function and horn trigger is excellent too
Has similar on the Trackers I had fitted on my works vans.
Could see on my phone where they were and speed travelling could also disable the engine so that the next time they were switched off they could not be started again.

Sep 2, 2020
Ladybarn, Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Bike angel have it listed on ebay at - £180....??

Capture.JPG

There is a video too

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Has it been fitted yet? did we get a review?

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, no not yet, just waiting on the garage I use who does all the servicing to get back to me with some help on the wiring 👍👍 as soon as they do I’ll be doing the review 👍

David.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I looked at this product at Peterborough show and was quite impressed I almost bought one, as it is not like the meta track system that relies on data signal ie no data no start.
I did like the idea of gradual fuel starvation, so a good chance the thief would be in a situation that was not ideal to be trying to get the van restarted on the roadside.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back