Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just been reading about it and it had 3 different modes which does include a ‘service’ mode 👍

Once I’ve received it and fitted it I’ll give a full review 👍

Has this been fitted? If not could you send it back to me as a number of members wanted to fit and review it. Thanks.

Jim Brown
Jasmin Lodge
Crabtree Lane
Sutton-On-Sea
Lincolnshire
LN12 2RS

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Royal Mail collecting tomorrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Keen to see this review. Sounds like a good idea. Bit concerned what happens if your phone is dead or broken.

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Looks like there’s a unique Bluetooth security code to access the unit and put it in Valet mode, or Emergency disable mode, or Hijack mode (normal). (TheBig1 mentioned) This can be done with any phone as long as you know the security code that you chose at the initial setup. Apparently it’s not visible to other phone users in their Bluetooth menu.
Looks pretty comprehensive. Nice.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
My daughter has had a Goast on her last two Range Rovers, this looks similar except with the Ghost the code is entered by pushing 4 random control buttons on the car. It also has a fob for valet mode. Similar but doesn't rely on Bluetooth, the Ghost is an installer fit not DIY so probably more expensive.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
If only bluetooth was 100% reliable. The connection to my Panasonic stereo fitted in the Ducato cab drops out randomly at a range of less than 2 foot. This does not creat trust or confidence.

Nov 8, 2020
Harpenden
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
If only bluetooth was 100% reliable. The connection to my Panasonic stereo fitted in the Ducato cab drops out randomly at a range of less than 2 foot. This does not creat trust or confidence.
Good point. Could be a nightmare if it cuts out driving down the motorway. Maybe they have thought of that and it only operates during starting the vehicle.

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
Jim
Have you received this back yet?
Which member is doing the review now?

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I am seriously thinking of fitting one as they seem better than a none starting device, If someone is trying to steal your van and it won’t start they rip the dash apart as seen on here with the vanbitz none starter they never got the van but the damage was thousands.
Where as this unit will allow the engine to start and run for a short time then the engine will die and the horn sounds to attract attention once on the road, most thieves will not mess about on the side of the road trying to get a vehicle started at a cost of £150 also 20% MHF discount so £120 what’s not to like.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
When a review becomes available I would want to know what happens if you're a non Bluetooth on all the time phone user.
Would I need to turn Bluetooth on to start my motor every time or could I just return to find my van stolen and then activate Bluetooth in order to shut the engine down ?
As the keys are with us if the van were to move out of range of the keys Meta contact me to advise and then I would want to activate it as it won't have gone too far

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
When a review becomes available I would want to know what happens if you're a non Bluetooth on all the time phone user.
Would I need to turn Bluetooth on to start my motor every time or could I just return to find my van stolen and then activate Bluetooth in order to shut the engine down ?
As the keys are with us if the van were to move out of range of the keys Meta contact me to advise and then I would want to activate it as it won't have gone too far
I would expect you need Bluetooth on while you running the engine only.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
I have never turned off my Bluetooth 🤣 if you send them an email they will confirm the situation 👍

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I am seriously thinking of fitting one as they seem better than a none starting device, If someone is trying to steal your van and it won’t start they rip the dash apart as seen on here with the vanbitz none starter they never got the van but the damage was thousands.
But the damage caused by the thwarted thief was to plastic trim and wiring looms all Fiat, all plug in, clip (screw) on replaceable parts, all covered by Insurance
Where as this unit will allow the engine to start and run for a short time then the engine will die and the horn sounds to attract attention once on the road,
Or driven off if your blue tooth has connected to your Sonos or myriad of other house hold Bluetooth devices
most thieves will not mess about on the side of the road trying to get a vehicle started at a cost of £150 also 20% MHF discount so £120 what’s not to like.
A £120 gadget that can stop my engine when I am driving it !

The reason that all insurance approved tracking systems inhibit the vehicle starting is that is the only safe way of immobilising

Look the Non Starter has a Bluetooth emergency override for a reason, ‘if’ for any reason you can’t start your engine you have an option, be it due to

Network issue
Mechanical failure
Software failure
Human error

All actual, real life, potential issues, all resolvable ultimately, but none life threatening

Different story if your driving 4 ton of motorhome down the motorway, on a dark wet road and the engine cuts out!

Brakes, steering and power gone!

A bit different to the moped rolling to a stop in the promotional video

I cannot suggest strongly enough that any one fitting one of these devices tells their insurance company exactly what it is and exactly what it does, Stops the engine whilst driving, potentially

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
So Bluetooth is an unreliable connection?
Well, everyone has different experiences using it I guess, I get annoyed how often my car for example, decides to connect to my wife’s phone which is with her, in the house, when I’m sat in the car, with my phone in the car, driving off then the car tells me I can’t change as ‘I’m driving’

One thing I do know is that Bluetooth can work up to Kilometre, and I wouldn’t want my van being driven away by a thief that far before my security worked.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
All very conflicting info
Well, everyone has different experiences using it I guess, I get annoyed how often my car for example, decides to connect to my wife’s phone which is with her, in the house, when I’m sat in the car, with my phone in the car, driving off then the car tells me I can’t change as ‘I’m driving’

One thing I do know is that Bluetooth can work up to Kilometre, and I wouldn’t want my van being driven away by a thief that far before my security worked.
some say 2 feet you say 1 kilometre it’s not good enough to keep your engine running but it’s good enough to get your engine running if your imobiliser fails 🤯
All to confusing for a Sunday morning 🤣

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Different story if your driving 4 ton of motorhome down the motorway, on a dark wet road and the engine cuts out!

Brakes, steering and power gone!
Very valid point this and a huge reason not to fit it if true (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back