Skegness or Bruges ? (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Which side did you manage to get onto ? Every time I have visited there is a big Concorde tucked into the left handside corner. I imagery be he lives on the air or he's following me around.
Did the big Concorde have an Alsatian dog?
We stayed on the left side

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I wouldn't bet my pocket money on it but yes I am pretty sure they did. Don't hink I would stay on right side tbh

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
But that, Nick, suggests that UK aires would only succeed in certain places :whistle:;):) Not what some would have us believe :D

Would that be the same some that firmly believe all local authorities should be forced to provide a free aire in every town and village with 200 places, 100amp electric, complimentary Sky TV, water, waste, showers, laundry room and full butler service? :whistle:

I've given up trying to figure out what planet those people are living on (y):D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Would that be the same some that firmly believe all local authorities should be forced to provide a free aire in every town and village with 200 places, 100amp electric, complimentary Sky TV, water, waste, showers, laundry room and full butler service? :whistle:

I've given up trying to figure out what planet those people are living on (y):D
You forgot the free WiFi :LOL:

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
OK, SG, ta...I think. You have obviously been there as you can spell it correctly, unlike us lot. Sooo, how do we feel about Brighton folks?

Bruges is the French spelling, us Flemish are a bit sensitive about that. After 22 years in the UK I still get my blood pressure up if someone assumes that because I am Belgian, I therefore speak French :blusher:, yep I think it is a ridiculous reaction too... Anyway, anybody know of a Belgian restaurant in the UK that offers the moules frites in Flemish (mossels met frietjes)?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Bruges is the French spelling, us Flemish are a bit sensitive about that. After 22 years in the UK I still get my blood pressure up if someone assumes that because I am Belgian, I therefore speak French :blusher:, yep I think it is a ridiculous reaction too... Anyway, anybody know of a Belgian restaurant in the UK that offers the moules frites in Flemish (mossels met frietjes)?
Ah, but seeing as we have been brainwashed due to Agatha Christie writing about Hercule Poirot ... a little Belgian who spoke French all the time ... what do you expect! :D

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have you seen the price of the aire!!!!!:eek: €19 to €25 and NO reduced fee for parking for just a few hours ...

It's OK Mel
I knew the price before I got there
€19 for a secure overnight stay with all facilities inc elec included is cheaper than a CC site in a muddy feild in the middle of nowhere.
Why would you want to stay for just 2 hours?
Would take a weekend just to taste all the beers they have on offer

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
It's OK Mel
I knew the price before I got there
€19 for a secure overnight stay with all facilities inc elec included is cheaper than a CC site in a muddy feild in the middle of nowhere.
Why would you want to stay for just 2 hours?
Would take a weekend just to taste all the beers they have on offer

You can taste all the beers in ONE weekend??? Blimey, that is well impressive, unless the selection has gone down dramatically over the years. I know I've been gone for a long time but there used to be a café/pub where if you had a different one every day you wouldn't get through them all in a year. They actually had a menu card just for the beers and each and every one in its proper glass of course. I remember my horror when I first came over and they refilled my glass (like without washing it) in the pub.

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Here's one we tasted today, Very nice it was too.(y)
20161130_153956.jpg

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
We headed off to the christmas market today but only got as far as that bar. We will have another attempt tomorrow. Sitting in the van now eating a dark chocolate waffle and drinking a pint of La Goudale.(y)
I won't post a picture cos the table's a mess!:D

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Fascinating Dave
I took a look online and could only find references to York being part of Danelaw, not Skegness being part of Yorkshire.
Can you help me with this?
Ok, wheres York??? Let me guess.....Sussex?? No, its in YORKSHIRE Robert. Yorkshire was part of Danelaw, as was Lincolnshire. Therefore, Skeggy was in Yorkshire...........
I'm sure I read somewhere that Skegness is Norse for "horrible stinking fly ridden swamp" (y)
Your thinking of Gaul, Nick, which is what France was before it became the home of the running shoe. :) I often wonder what happened there. The Gauls were fierce fighters, so much so that The Romans had a hell of a job subjugating them. A few centuries later, and WHOOSH, their off on the road to Dunkirk, like a frog up a pump, just because The Germans were advancing. Strange. o_O

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Ok, wheres York??? Let me guess.....Sussex?? No, its in YORKSHIRE Robert. Yorkshire was part of Danelaw, as was Lincolnshire. Therefore, Skeggy was in Yorkshire...........

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm as gullible as you think I am ...

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm beginning to wonder if I'm as gullible as you think I am ...
I bet you were a pain in at ass at school. Your poor old history master. "No Sir, The Roman's didnt come from Rome, they came from ROMANY'S! :Eeek::Eeek:

Your original point was that I was incorrect when I stated that at one time Yorkshire and Lincolnshire were one in the same place. "At no time was Skeggy ever in Yorkshire."........"Tootles lives in fairy land when he says that Skeggy was once lined up with Yorkshire....."

Just eat your humble pie and smile, young Robert.......:)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Am I allowed to have any cream on that?
Of coarse!! Never let it be said that I, (for one), have a failure to be magnanimous in victory......(y)

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
No choice really got to be Skeggy see it every wk on cops channel 5 all action

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Todays Bruges update.... We headed off to find the Christmas market again today.
Apparently the collection of old sheds we looked at yesterday was the Christmas market, so we went back to the bar to have some more beers and sampled their flemish stew and chips.(y)

Here's a few piccys
20161201_121813.jpg
20161201_123120.jpg
20161130_163507.jpg
20161201_133318.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread