LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As capital cities go Brugge is OK, very pretty. Been a few times and its always rammed with tourists which ruins it somewhat. That said Skeggy is ten miles closer to a beach and the walks on it are always bracing :)
????
Geography not one off your strong points then Jim.:LOL:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
As capital cities go Brugge is OK, very pretty. Been a few times and its always rammed with tourists which ruins it somewhat. That said Skeggy is ten miles closer to a beach and the walks on it are always bracing :)

????
Geography not one off your strong points then Jim.:LOL:

Skeggy is ten miles closer to a beach. Brugge is the capital of W Flanders. Can't think what other Geography point in my post would lead you to make your comment. I'm sure you'll enlighten me. ( I should say though, I never took my Geography CSE) :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I never took my Geography CSE) :)
May I respectfully suggest that you invest a few bob in a proper learning book Jim, such as '@Tootles Guide to World History & Atlas.'
According to the Tootles world map Skegness is in Yorkshire

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
David can you please remind me which beer and bar?

This wasn't my photo Robert, just lifted one off google, but it is Kwak, a favourite of mine but somehow it always tastes so much better in Bruges

My favourite bar for it is in the main square, opposite the tower, heated canopy area, although we have still had to go inside sometimes due to cold weather

I am sure we have walked or bussed past a few places like the photo on our visits, must be many more drinking places to hunt out (y):)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the traditional Skegness Christmas Market, where one can purchase a huge range of quality hand-crafted artisan products

Link Removed

and award-winning home-produced regional cuisine

images
_1490508_rock300.jpg

if they haven't shut for the winter anyway.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/08/where-to-drink-beer-bruges-brugge-belgium-best-beer-bars.html

found this, your sort of guide maybe :)

'my' bar is one of these, more or less dead centre, but they don't all sell Kwak beer, you also have to buy a large glass to get a glass like in the photo, (which for me is all part of the reason) I think it comes in three sizes normally, small glass, small yard type, large yard type, the glass just adds to it, there is no serious risk of spillage at the critical point of tip, it is supposedly something to do with aeration, or so they say (y)

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Lovel Brugges, however pictures so far suggest it's as sunny there as it is in Skeggy.

This picture was taken 27 May 2016... bloody freezing too! It was so wet that we bought some new Crocs at the croc shop, the paper bag they provided collapsed and the shopping ended up on the street...
IMG_2038.JPG

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I love Brugge . :inlove:
But Ralph can't get me on a ferry , even kicking and screaming , other than up in Scotland.:worried:
He keeps saying " look Bev another 2 for 1 deal to Brugge , Amsterdam . Shall I book it ? " etcetc
Sorry , I know I'm a wus. But since the ISIS scumbags started bombing closer to home, then threatening to blow holes in P&O ferries.......
I'm quite happy in the Scottish , Welsh , or Yorkshire wilds.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry , I know I'm a wus. But since the ISIS scumbags started bombing closer to home, then threatening to blow holes in P&O ferries.......
I'm quite happy in the Scottish , Welsh , or Yorkshire wilds.

Do you really believe that out of 7,000,000,000 bodies on this planet you would be unlucky enough to be killed by a terrorist ? You've a better change of winning the lottery.

There is a tunnel now.

You are more likely to drown in the rough northern seas in a piddling little island hopping ferry.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Un-decided between Skegness And Bruges
So, Skegness and risk bumping into @Tootles or Bruges and risk bumping into @hilldweller.

Wouldn't Blackpool be better? Easier for both of them to get there to greet you (y)(y)

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the traditional Skegness Christmas Market, where one can purchase a huge range of quality hand-crafted artisan products

Link Removed

and award-winning home-produced regional cuisine

images
_1490508_rock300.jpg

if they haven't shut for the winter anyway.

.........and of course the highlight of any trip to Skeggie at this time of year: Santa's little grotto, with @Tootles moonlighting as Santa himself

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
May I respectfully suggest that you invest a few bob in a proper learning book Jim, such as '@Tootles Guide to World History & Atlas.'
According to the Tootles world map Skegness is in Yorkshire
And may I suggest that you invest a few Euros in a proper history book Robert. (y) Then you will find that Skegness was in Yorkshire. (y)(y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Wouldn't Blackpool be better? Easier for both of them to get there to great you (y)(y)
GREAT!! Pop down, I live near to Blackpool.
I did notice that last time you got a visa, you ducked out from your intended visit to Glasson, just because I said I would pop round. :cry::cry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
GREAT!! Pop down, I live near to Blackpool.
I did notice that last time you got a visa, you ducked out from your intended visit to Glasson, just because I said I would pop round. :cry::cry:
I'd forgotten that it's so long ago :) Can't even remember why we didn't go now. We've been to Blackpool (and Skeggy) since though and nary a Tootle to be seen :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Skeggy is ten miles closer to a beach. Brugge is the capital of W Flanders. Can't think what other Geography point in my post would lead you to make your comment. I'm sure you'll enlighten me. ( I should say though, I never took my Geography CSE) :)
I was looking at the global view Brussels being the capital of Belgium.:)
( didn't take any exams at school).

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Especially the Tynsel Chapter :LOL:
Your a marked man, Young Graham. Keep checking to see if your heads still attached when you wake up every morning. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back