Morocco Bound winter 2024 (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We are currently at Camping Assad,70 dir or 80 with ehu. Only 5/6 vans on here hot showers,clean toilets ,wash place and grey and elsan.used the showers, nice and hot if needed but in a block of 4 showers with just shower curtains at the fronts.clthes etc outside the shower on a couple of door hooks
It's a bit rundown ,needs a link of paint here and there but everyone seems OK.bought some local cakes off a moroccan selling through the campsites.
80 dir ( we ate 2 before the photo)
Haven't got a sim card yet ,that's the next task. (Photos not loaded need a sim card)
We filled up with diesel on the main highway to Asilah ,filled the tank prices were 140 dirams per litre. The guy asked. Cash or card. I had exchanged £300 at the port so thought best to pay with card, big mistake as it convets the dirhams to stirling at a poor exchange rate plus a 4% transaction charge. So wouldchave saved around £6 if paid in cash. Lesson learned.

Good info thanks, so grateful for this info…👍🏼

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We are currently at Camping Assad,70 dir or 80 with ehu. Only 5/6 vans on here hot showers,clean toilets ,wash place and grey and elsan.used the showers, nice and hot if needed but in a block of 4 showers with just shower curtains at the fronts.clthes etc outside the shower on a couple of door hooks
It's a bit rundown ,needs a link of paint here and there but everyone seems OK.bought some local cakes off a moroccan selling through the campsites.
80 dir ( we ate 2 before the photo)
Haven't got a sim card yet ,that's the next task. (Photos not loaded need a sim card)
We filled up with diesel on the main highway to Asilah ,filled the tank prices were 140 dirams per litre. The guy asked. Cash or card. I had exchanged £300 at the port so thought best to pay with card, big mistake as it convets the dirhams to stirling at a poor exchange rate plus a 4% transaction charge. So wouldchave saved around £6 if paid in cash. Lesson learned.

Is it this one..? Looks a good first stop..

IMG_0106.jpeg

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
There’s a good market in Asilah at famous.mountain.commuting - best in the morning. Maroc Telecom is the best place to get your SIM - go out onto the main road you entered the site on and walk south. It’s on the other side of the road, a modern building. If you go there, the assistants will help you get set up.

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Loving this thread as we were down that in March, which now seems like forever ago. Wasn’t planning on going back to Morocco next year but …. I did find myself spending an hour this afternoon pouring over GoogleMaps creating possible route plans.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Just caught up on this thread. Great info so far. Paul and I are hoping to get over to Morroco mid January and would love to meet up with some other funsters. Concorde we are also keen to do some mountain biking and hopefully some body boarding.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2020
Dawlish, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute
Exp
Since 2015
I've been on about going to Morocco for a while but SWMBO was less keen. That's all changed after she saw a presentation at the NEC show last week. We're off in February and as you'd expect we've got lots of questions, I do recall reading a guide of what to expect and what you need to ensure is done, on here but I can't find it, any pointers as to where I can find it?
I've read about the ferry cost and Carlos keeps coming up, where is Carlos?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Resources in the side bar on the left. I did the article a few years ago - it's also been in the MHF Magazine - but as far as I am aware it's all still relevant except perhaps for any prices I included.

Carlos is the owner of Voyages Normandie, who the majority of motorhomers of all nations go to for their ferry tickets. He's usually got the best prices and will sort you out with everything you need - next day ferries no problem.

Aug 19, 2020
Dawlish, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute
Exp
Since 2015
Resources in the side bar on the left. I did the article a few years ago - it's also been in the MHF Magazine - but as far as I am aware it's all still relevant except perhaps for any prices I included.

Carlos is the owner of Voyages Normandie, who the majority of motorhomers of all nations go to for their ferry tickets. He's usually got the best prices and will sort you out with everything you need - next day ferries no problem.
Thank you for the prompt reply. I’ll have a read of it and start to make notes on what we need to do.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Not going in to Morocco. Coming back out you need to be aware that the Spanish Customs may be interested, but in fact we've not heard of anyone actually being stopped or checked. That said we were checked coming out through Ceuta but that was pre-Brexit.

Dec 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Price from Carlos is still 240 for tomorrow with open return (6m' trailer 90 extra).
Direct online seems to require a return date, so ends up more expensive with two singles.
Armed with that I expect any of the empty booths on the south coast toll road stops would have matched the deal, but Carlos staff had good English and were helpful so happy enough.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Any specific requirements taking the dog into Morocco - they have EU Passports
Yes you now require a pet health certificate done within 24 hours of your crossing. You will also need proof of titre test for the dog.
That's all checked now by the port authority in Spain BEFORE you get the ferry from Spain to Morocco. No-one pays a blind bit of notice on the return trip.

Arse from elbow in my opinion but that's how they've set it up.

The health checks vary in price from vet to vet I found some quote €50 per dog but I used one that charged €30 per certificate and she put all 3 dogs on the one certificate. If you don't have the titre test you won't get to go.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
It seems at the moment overnighting in the Palmerie in Tafroute is not being allowed. The police are moving people on.
It would be a shame if that continues.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back