Morocco Bound winter 2024 (2 Viewers)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You need one of these hoses which will screw onto one of their Moroccan bottles to your fill point, it’s as simple as that… you system already has a regulator so no need for one…👍🏼

Asfaik, most systems will need a regulator between a gas bottle and a ext bbq point as the bbq point should be inboard of the reg.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Well ,we have arrived in Algeceras, ,we initially parked up just outside Gibralter in La Linea ,next to the marina, it's a large car park basically with 2 sections
for motorhomes,, one is closer to the marina but was full and a bit small ,this one has the drive over grey waste dump and elsan point. Plus there is a water tap on the wall opposite the elsan .but it's high-pressure and you need your own fittings.
1000004164.jpg

Motorhomes are not allowed to park on the marina side or the space on the right hand side, it's at the top on the left.
We parked in the second area where there was a tap of sorts and a couple of porta loos..
We ventured into Gib and joined a massive queue, to the passport office.( saturday) A policeman ,Spanish, directed eu passport holders to a quicker queue and said all British in the slower queue cos we had brexit. Lol. I almost made a comment that Gib was still British, but had second thoughts. :oops:
We got through OK, passports stamped.and walked across the runway into town.being Saturday it was very busy and full of Spanish.
We walked up to Morrisons and had a coffee, I didn't think it was that much cheaper than home except for some of the spirits, wines were similar to home ,maybe a £1 per bottle cheaper
. So not worth carrying around for that saving..
A few " British" shops, M&S, Clarks shoes,Matalan, mother care ,next. Just like home with a Spanish twist, all prices in Stirling.. it was 30 degrees c.
1000004159.jpg

1000004161.jpg

1000004162.jpg

We didn't do the Rock ,may do that on thd return trip, it was £17 each for the cable car to the top and the apes.i suppose it may have been cooler up there but we made our way back to the van and headed for Algeceras. We found the port then headed for the Carlos ticket office.Which is a good few miles away. we parked up in an adjacent empty lot with a few other vans. Carrafour which are close to his office ,Llidl and macdonalds are just over the road so will venture over later to stock up on essential wine etc for Morocco.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Well ,we have arrived in Algeceras, ,we initially parked up just outside Gibralter in La Linea ,next to the marina, it's a large car park basically with 2 sections
for motorhomes,, one is closer to the marina but was full and a bit small ,this one has the drive over grey waste dump and elsan point. Plus there is a water tap on the wall opposite the elsan .but it's high-pressure and you need your own fittings.
View attachment 822917
Motorhomes are not allowed to park on the marina side or the space on the right hand side, it's at the top on the left.
We parked in the second area where there was a tap of sorts and a couple of porta loos..
We ventured into Gib and joined a massive queue, to the passport office.( saturday) A policeman ,Spanish, directed eu passport holders to a quicker queue and said all British in the slower queue cos we had brexit. Lol. I almost made a comment that Gib was still British, but had second thoughts. :oops:
We got through OK, passports stamped.and walked across the runway into town.being Saturday it was very busy and full of Spanish.
We walked up to Morrisons and had a coffee, I didn't think it was that much cheaper than home except for some of the spirits, wines were similar to home ,maybe a £1 per bottle cheaper
. So not worth carrying around for that saving..
A few " British" shops, M&S, Clarks shoes,Matalan, mother care ,next. Just like home with a Spanish twist, all prices in Stirling.. it was 30 degrees c.
View attachment 822919
View attachment 822920
View attachment 822921
We didn't do the Rock ,may do that on thd return trip, it was £17 each for the cable car to the top and the apes.i suppose it may have been cooler up there but we made our way back to the van and headed for Algeceras. We found the port then headed for the Carlos ticket office.Which is a good few miles away. we parked up in an adjacent empty lot with a few other vans. Carrafour which are close to his office ,Llidl and macdonalds are just over the road so will venture over later to stock up on essential wine etc for Morocco.

Please keep us updated with your travels, I for one am very interested as I will be doing the same in January…🍻

Sep 4, 2022
Funster No
MH
vw grand california
Thinking of 6 week break on the Atlantic coast, January thru February 2024. We did a desert detour about 15 years ago, so not total novices at Morocco. However the campsites used were very variable. Would like a well organised winter site. Any recommendations?
Hi.
Can you advise how you get on with insurance In Morocco
I’ve been told by my insurance company they will not cover Morocco
I have found a company that will only cover third party not fire or theft
Any advice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Insurance has been covered pretty extensively in the other Morocco threads. Only a couple of companies now will offer full cover, no breakdown cover either, and sometimes people have been refused even by them.
The whole motorhome Insurance market frustrates me, there doesn't seem to be any logic.

Oct 8, 2016
Tunbridge Wells
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
I'm a newbie
The Roaming Radfords (YouTube) have just returned from Morocco and it’s an interesting watch spread over 8 plus episodes with some excellent campsite suggestions. They went Aug/Sep for 6 weeks to coincide with school holidays but clearly in Morocco that was ‘low season’ as they pointed out.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
The Roaming Radfords (YouTube) have just returned from Morocco and it’s an interesting watch spread over 8 plus episodes with some excellent campsite suggestions. They went Aug/Sep for 6 weeks to coincide with school holidays but clearly in Morocco that was ‘low season’ as they pointed out.
Yes watched mot of those but it was a bit self centred on their pool dips etc and not a lot on morocco itself. OK some sites were mentioned and some site tours.There are some better more informed u tube blogs on Morocco. (y)

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
I stress I haven’t been to Morocco. I live in Bahrain and Qatar from 75 to 90. It doesn’t take you long to realise how difficult the situation can be for young women, and having travelled with Duncan when he was at Sea to places like Chittagong in Pakistan and Bombay, but also to South Korea and many places in the Middle East, I had a fair idea of what to expect. Whilst living in the Middle East, we also had two young children who did not like having their bottoms pinched when going to the market and soon learnt how to deal with them.

I suspect if no one has been to any of these countries at all before it will be a huge eye-opener, and very upsetting for many, who then choose not to return

I did suggested Duncan, many times that we go to Morocco in the Motorhome, but he said he’d seen enough of living with arabs that he didn’t want it for his holiday as well. Hence why we never went

But I do suggest as has been mentioned, do all your research, and if these things upset you, maybe you shouldn’t go. I have found the Arabs that we have met, have been very helpful, very friendly and I have been back to visit them as well.

Carol

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If anyone wants some Moroccan Dirhams our friend has £180 worth and will sell them for £100 pounds ..

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I stress I haven’t been to Morocco. I live in Bahrain and Qatar from 75 to 90. It doesn’t take you long to realise how difficult the situation can be for young women, and having travelled with Duncan when he was at Sea to places like Chittagong in Pakistan and Bombay, but also to South Korea and many places in the Middle East, I had a fair idea of what to expect. Whilst living in the Middle East, we also had two young children who did not like having their bottoms pinched when going to the market and soon learnt how to deal with them.

I suspect if no one has been to any of these countries at all before it will be a huge eye-opener, and very upsetting for many, who then choose not to return

I did suggested Duncan, many times that we go to Morocco in the Motorhome, but he said he’d seen enough of living with arabs that he didn’t want it for his holiday as well. Hence why we never went

But I do suggest as has been mentioned, do all your research, and if these things upset you, maybe you shouldn’t go. I have found the Arabs that we have met, have been very helpful, very friendly and I have been back to visit them as well.

Carol
We've also visited several Muslim Countries, tbf Morocco is a lot more go ahead than most, the King has stated that he wants Morocco to be the tolerant side of Islam. Accordingly you do see more young woman in jobs and in western dress, improved even since our first visit, 10 years ago certainly in the western side.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
We have just set up our Green card for Morocco but cannot actually apply until 30 days prior to travelling. We were well and truly put through the 3rd degree on where when and how long we are travelling and crossing. But the insurance will be as policy, so that's good

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We have just set up our Green card for Morocco but cannot actually apply until 30 days prior to travelling. We were well and truly put through the 3rd degree on where when and how long we are travelling and crossing. But the insurance will be as policy, so that's good
Who was that with please….

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Watched that too and was surprised how quiet the place was, one thing they mentioned that I thought might be of interest to MHF was the fact they got fully comp insurance for their time in Morocco. I think the company was called Sterling or Stirling and cost about £350 pcm, expensive but might be worth it.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We made it to the ferry, Tangier med. Bought the tickets at the port, thought we would try that way first.2 ferry ticket offices advised prices of 380 euros, as van is 7.1 metres.we were almost going to go back to Carlos when the next ticket office called me over for a ferry at 11.15 ,an hour away. His price was 234.64 euros ,he booked me in at 6metrs as a discount, said ferry not busy. Open return. So we are now boarded and on the way.sent me down a ramp to the lower deck so hope I can get back up with our overhang.
1000004183.jpg

Last edited:
May 6, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma 841
Exp
since 2006
Its going to be our first venture to Morocco in 2024. Looking at mid to late January, may do a couple of months. hopping to be able to wing it rather than book sites well in advance. we are completely self sufficient, so apart from water and waste every 10 days, happy to take our chances. hope to find a little challenging cycling on the rough with the mountain bikes

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Wouldn't be too bothered about booking sites in Morocco in advance, even in the touristy areas there's usually somewhere. Unless of course you "need" hookup and full facilities in which case you are in competition with the French!

Keep your eyes on the thread in case anyone else is crossing over at the same time - it's easy enough but it's also nice to have someone else with you, especially if they've been before.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Its going to be our first venture to Morocco in 2024. Looking at mid to late January, may do a couple of months. hopping to be able to wing it rather than book sites well in advance. we are completely self sufficient, so apart from water and waste every 10 days, happy to take our chances. hope to find a little challenging cycling on the rough with the mountain bikes
No issues with turning up on spec last winter.

In previous years the sites just north of Agadir and at Marrakech were the only ones we ever found full, not so since covid etc.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
The site we are on in Asilah is practically empty.may be 5 assorted vans and someone with a tent who is also occupying a room on the site.its pretty basic,camping assad., but it's only 80 dirahms a night with ehu. Hot showers(afternoon) ,toilets washing area, elsan and grey waste dump.and a 3 min walk down the prom to the town. With a beach just across the road. (y)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The site we are on in Asilah is practically empty.may be 5 assorted vans and someone with a tent who is also occupying a room on the site.its pretty basic,camping assad., but it's only 80 dirahms a night with ehu. Hot showers(afternoon) ,toilets washing area, elsan and grey waste dump.and a 3 min walk down the prom to the town. With a beach just across the road. (y)
Tbf you are well before peak season.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We made it to the ferry, Tangier med. Bought the tickets at the port, thought we would try that way first.2 ferry ticket offices advised prices of 380 euros, as van is 7.1 metres.we were almost going to go back to Carlos when the next ticket office called me over for a ferry at 11.15 ,an hour away. His price was 234.64 euros ,he booked me in at 6metrs as a discount, said ferry not busy. Open return. So we are now boarded and on the way.sent me down a ramp to the lower deck so hope I can get back up with our overhang.View attachment 823616

Did you get a price off Carlos..?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We are currently at Camping Assad,70 dir or 80 with ehu. Only 5/6 vans on here hot showers,clean toilets ,wash place and grey and elsan.used the showers, nice and hot if needed but in a block of 4 showers with just shower curtains at the fronts.clthes etc outside the shower on a couple of door hooks
It's a bit rundown ,needs a link of paint here and there but everyone seems OK.bought some local cakes off a moroccan selling through the campsites.
80 dir ( we ate 2 before the photo)
Haven't got a sim card yet ,that's the next task. (Photos not loaded need a sim card)
We filled up with diesel on the main highway to Asilah ,filled the tank prices were 140 dirams per litre. The guy asked. Cash or card. I had exchanged £300 at the port so thought best to pay with card, big mistake as it convets the dirhams to stirling at a poor exchange rate plus a 4% transaction charge. So wouldchave saved around £6 if paid in cash. Lesson learned.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Moroccan pastries.local campsite seller, pleasant guy ,samples, 80 dirams bit pricey but they looked nice.
1000004227.jpg

Sat out with the neighbours, it's 33Degs with a nice breeze blowing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back