Morocco Bound winter 2024 (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thinking about travelling to Morocco this winter. What about LPG. I have refillable Gasit, but don't have a bbq point. How do people manage getting gas.
Im reluctant to put eithe Moroccan gas or elec in, If you're going to use the Moroccan "camping gaz bottles" you can get a spin on top for them and cook outside. If you dont have enough solar then good idea to get a voltage stabiliser.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Carlos did Tanger med for us for 230 open this year iirc. Never done Ceuta but Tanger Med is easy, didnt even bother looking at the scooter this year. They don’t seem to want to see the booze.
When did you travel?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just a plug. My article "Taking a Motorhome to Morocco" in Resources is still pretty well valid, even though it's a few years old, with the exception of prices of course. Over the years we have seen prices rise far faster in Morocco than what we would call normal. It is basically information you will find useful, put together after a number of visits.

We love Morocco and want to go back but last couple of years have not been possible due to a variety of circumstances. Regrettably this looks like happening again this year but we'll see.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years

Travelling

Free Member
Dec 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2018
Hi we’re thinking of going to Morocco February to April, and are just doing some planning. We’ve got a scooter we tow in a small trailer, is it ok to take? We’ve also got a scooter rack we could use instead, or should we find somewhere to store the scooter in Spain? Thanks 😀

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
To take a scooter on a trailer behind your motorhome is ok but you will need documents of ownership for all of them in order to obtain a temporary import licence to Morocco which allows them back out again .plus i believe a green card insurance for the scooter as well as the van.

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years
Me too!!!😎
Look out for a lobster red/ peely wally/milk white baldy Scotsman in a white possl van with a tanned Portuguese wife in tow from Dec 9th 23 onwards 🥳🤪👍😁
Update :
Will still be a peely Wally baldy Scotsman in a white Possl van but sadly now no tanned Portuguese wife in tow!
Mrs gingernuts has left the building 😐

Travelling

Free Member
Dec 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2018
To take a scooter on a trailer behind your motorhome is ok but you will need documents of ownership for all of them in order to obtain a temporary import licence to Morocco which allows them back out again .plus i believe a green card insurance for the scooter as well as the van.
Thanks, I think I’ve seen you can register a trailer with gov.uk so I’ll have a look.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The trailers with the same plate confuse them but somehow they dont seem terribly interested in scooters. I wouldnt worry about it. Yes much better to get Uk rather than port insurance

May 16, 2017
nr hunstanton
Funster No
MH
suntor
Exp
since1991990
I spent 3 months in morocco using moroccan gas cylinders and occasional electric hook up,avsolutely no problems and incredibly cheap.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I spent 3 months in morocco using moroccan gas cylinders and occasional electric hook up,avsolutely no problems and incredibly cheap.
I m glad it worked ok for you but still think its worth warning newcomers of the risks. Even this year at Sidi Ouassay, which is a fairly well run site, there was a surge that killed several fridges, chargers and fried someones phone. We ve previously seen a charger fire and many instances of fridge problems caused by low voltages, They're just not good with electricity.

Their gas is also very oily causing problems with regulators and with fridges. If you cant carry enough then you can protect your regulator by using a bottle reg via a bbq point. Or cook on the spin on's.

Its a great place to go but proper preparation does make it easier.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just to add, you can buy a filter that fits into a standard installation before the regulator, Gaslow have them but there'll be other suppliers. We fitted one just for the reason mentioned above however an inspection of the filter after each trip revealed no evidence of contamination and we've had no problems. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but if you buy your gas bottles from one of the bigger suppliers you should be okay.

Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
Having been to Morocco a couple of times recently I think what’s being recommended and what we take are:

Gaslow adaptor which fits external fill point.
In line filter for the adaptor.
Voltage regulator

Once you’ve got those three things I would say your worries are over!

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Go with something like this, but be very careful as there are plenty of counterfeit ones for sale on EBay and Amazon,
IMG_5502.png

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Apologies if this has been covered but I've lost track!!

With an underslung gas tank, will I be able to find places to refill in Morocco if I have the necessary adaptors.

25KG tank and I burn through that in 3-4 weeks in warm weather as my fridge seems to gobble gas. If it's not readily available I'll probably need to put off Morocco until I've changed to an electric fridge!!

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
This blog was published recently and they seemed to get a good deal direct at the ferry port, cheaper than Carlos which I found surprising.

Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018

With an underslung gas tank, will I be able to find places to refill in Morocco if I have the necessary adaptors.

25KG tank and I burn through that in 3-4 weeks in warm weather as my fridge seems to gobble gas. If it's not readily available I'll probably need to put off Morocco until I've changed to an electric fridge!!
You will not be able to refill your tank in Morocco. We have a gaslow system with adapter as mentioned in an earlier post which means you can add on a local cylinder. However (almost) everywhere the sites have EHU, for peace of mind you just need a voltage regulator to avoid the variable feed and spikes.

Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
You will not be able to refill your tank in Morocco. We have a gaslow system with adapter as mentioned in an earlier post which means you can add on a local cylinder. However (almost) everywhere the sites have EHU, for peace of mind you just need a voltage regulator to avoid the variable feed and spikes.
I should add others with greater knowledge on underslung tanks will come along and comment but I can’t see why the same set up wouldn’t work for you.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Possible to use a BBQ point but needs a bit of fiddling about and you will need a regulator on the bottle as that is the low pressure side of your gas system. Moroccans however are very good at adapting.

As far as voltage regulators, the French go for them in a big way, see them under many French vans and not always in Morocco either. So I'd bet you could pick up a decent one for better than UK prices at a good French M/H shop.

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Never again. Went to Morocco once that was enough. Had a gun pushed in my back from the military, at the airport, marched to a separate room integrated, then let out. On the beach at Agadir on, had sand kicked in my face by kids then they had guns pointed at them and were arrested. Harassed in Marrakesh and other towns. It was filthy, aggressing, and full of scammers. Never never never, will I go back there.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Never again. Went to Morocco once that was enough. Had a gun pushed in my back from the military, at the airport, marched to a separate room integrated, then let out. On the beach at Agadir on, had sand kicked in my face by kids then they had guns pointed at them and were arrested. Harassed in Marrakesh and other towns. It was filthy, aggressing, and full of scammers. Never never never, will I go back there.
Not my or any other Funster's experiance that I'm aware of who has visited Moroc.
IMG_6301 (2018_10_07 12_17_17 UTC).JPG
IMG_6210 (2018_10_07 12_17_17 UTC).JPG
IMG_6278 (2018_10_07 12_17_17 UTC).JPG
IMG_7295 (2018_10_07 12_17_17 UTC).JPG
IMG_9461 (2018_10_07 12_17_17 UTC).JPG
IMG_6907 (2018_10_07 12_17_17 UTC).JPG
IMG_6929 (2018_10_07 12_17_17 UTC).JPG
IMG_6743 (2018_10_07 12_17_17 UTC).JPG

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

You need one of these hoses which will screw onto one of their Moroccan bottles to your fill point, it’s as simple as that… you system already has a regulator so no need for one…👍🏼

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
We are currently in the Canterbury park and ride aire, just a few vans here ,all quiet. We board the train later this afternoon and will stop overnight around Abbeyville. We are meandering down through The west of France and central Spain to Gib over the next 6 days and heading for Morocco on the 17th Oct.or thereabouts.
The plan is to tour around Morocco until early January and then head for Beni.( for a break) until mid March. (y)
Any funsters in Morocco now?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back