LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Thinking of 6 week break on the Atlantic coast, January thru February 2024. We did a desert detour about 15 years ago, so not total novices at Morocco. However the campsites used were very variable. Would like a well organised winter site. Any recommendations?

OP
OP
Augusta08

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Ideally we enjoy a cycle ride or two on our ebikes, so it would be nice if someone could recommend a site that has bit more going for it than simply sitting around the bbq quaffing wine and doing the Sudoku. Although there would also be quite a bit of that. :cool:

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Difficult.
For cycling probably one of the sites in Sidi Kaouki although the sites are nothing special . Cycle along coast or to Essauria.
Otherwise I guess one of Atlantica parc, Atlantica imourane( bingo on Monday etc etc etc) or Terre d'Ocean all in the Taghazout area.
If you are thinking of staying put make you might want to practice your petanque before going.
The best site we stayed on was la Palmeraie Tifnit which would certainly suit the BBQ and wine set. It about 5 miles easy bike ride from beach at Tifnit but would do our heads in after about three days, watching the long stayers sleep in the day as the peacocks keep everyone awake at night

IMG_20230304_144349175.jpg

Otherwise, Erkoute park near Mirleft, walk down to the beach, has a restaurant, does keep fit / yoga stuff, cycle on main road to Mirleft ( 12km) or take a walk along beach and cliffs to Mirleft if you check the tide.

IMG_20230317_150813161_HDR.jpg

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Having just returned from Morocco I'd personally not bother with the Atlantic coast. At that time of year its cold . And apart from a few nice towns I thought a lot of it was very rundown and not pleasant. Inland is much better.

Still not decided if I'd ever go back but if I did I reckon I'd do the med side and the middle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Yes, Turkey 90 day tourist Visa but not extendable. If stay full 90 days, you need to leave for 90 days before able to return. Broadly the same rules as Schengen.

Unlike Schengen who still have not got it together, Turkey has had all its airports, land border crossings and ports of entry if arriving by sea connected to one computer-based record system for some years to document all arrivals and departures. Trying to beat the system results in substantially fines and possible bans for further entry.

Last edited:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
How long can you stay in Morocco? Is it 6 months?
When i was in Morocco I met people who stayed 90 days then left for a few days to tenerife or lanzarote then returned. New stamp in passport gave them another 90 days. I met 4 people in total who had done this.

Sep 8, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
Since 2010
We are heading for Morocco in January been a few times but not since Covid. So hoping things haven’t changed too much since then. We do stay on sites but usually prefer guarded parking areas. Hopefully we will have a different van then (newer) can’t wait. I know lots of people have work done on their vans. Does anyone know if there is anywhere fitting awnings and if so roughly how much?

Jul 12, 2021
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 194
Exp
2000 in some capacity
Was there earlier this year and met up with Northern raider north of Asilah. This might not be the most popular reply to your question but we are with NR and while we only lasted just 5 weeks we will not be returning, ever!

We are currently in Bosnia and heading for Montenegro, it may well be cooler in winter but currently our preferred options for helping with Schengen issue.

Please, not looking for an argument or hostile replies just want to be subjective after our experience. Thanks

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
Was there earlier this year and met up with Northern raider north of Asilah. This might not be the most popular reply to your question but we are with NR and while we only lasted just 5 weeks we will not be returning, ever!

We are currently in Bosnia and heading for Montenegro, it may well be cooler in winter but currently our preferred options for helping with Schengen issue.

Please, not looking for an argument or hostile replies just want to be subjective after our experience. Thanks
Could I be cheeky and ask what was the reason(s) that you disliked it. Its on my list when I retire in a few years and generally everyone is positive so I would be really interested to hear another viewpoint.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

I’m sure there will be people interested in your experience…😎

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I'm interested in Morocco for the a few weeks this winter.

However I need to persuade the wife, as my one and only visit to Morocco in the late 1970's is a story my parents told to their dying day
(It involves a 3 way train crash with many killed in France, a military coup in Spain, an invasion in Morocco and unsuccessfully attempt to cross the border into Gibraltar which was blockaded at the time)

Ideally I'd be looking for a party to join.

Feb 5, 2022
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Possl 2 win
Exp
40 years

Well cmon then…….don’t keep us in suspenders………out with it! 😁

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Since our trips in 2013 and 2014 and documented here on fun, there have been almost annual trips done by various funsters. Do a search and some reading up 👍👍 will give anyone who has not been an insite and maybe current advise.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Ramadan in Morocco will start around March 10 next year
That may be a consideration to some as unless you are in a very touristy area , no cafes or restaurants will be open during the day, opening at around 7pm ( sunset) but unlikely to serve non Muslims til about 8pm

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Since our trips in 2013 and 2014 and documented here on fun, there have been almost annual trips done by various funsters. Do a search and some reading up 👍👍 will give anyone who has not been an insite and maybe current advise.
Hi 👋 Tonka,
Any suggestions as to who is providing insurance cover for Morocco 🇲🇦 with breakdown cover if possible. Tia.👍

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi 👋 Tonka,
Any suggestions as to who is providing insurance cover for Morocco 🇲🇦 with breakdown cover if possible. Tia.👍
Sorry. Been so long since we went so out of touch. As far as I know no one does breakdown cover.
Maybe others will be along to advise.

Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner i681
Exp
Since 2018
For insurance last year it was Saga and LV but I don’t believe anyone offers breakdown insurance. I’m sure others will come along shortly with other suggestions I’m not aware of, NFU?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back